• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Water Price going to increase

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Economy might be tanking but PAP is doing the same as it always does, hike the price. They have so far done it for of petrol, electrcity, gas & now water :eek:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...is-year-due-to-higher-production/3498290.html

Water prices set to increase this year due to higher production costs: Masagos

SINGAPORE: Water prices are set to increase this year, Minister for Environment and Water Resources Masagos Zulkifli announced on Tuesday (Feb 7).

The minister declined to specify how much the increase would be but said more details would be revealed during Budget 2017, which is set to be delivered on Feb 20.

Mr Masagos said the projected increase was due to higher costs in producing water, taking into consideration factors such as urbanisation and the need to dig deeper to lay pipes, as well as the need to renew old plants and transmission pipes.

"Together with the need to put up with weather that's less reliable than before as well as to ensure that we are operationally sound, we have to ensure that this is sustainable for Singapore," added Mr Masagos.

The minister also said that the price of water has remained constant for the past 17 years, and is currently underpriced. Including the water conservation tax, water in Singapore currently costs S$1.52 per cubic metre.

"In countries around the world where water is not priced properly, the water ministry is not able to recoup the costs enough to build new assets to replace old assets and sometimes assets are left in disrepair. Even if they do have water, water cannot get to where it's needed," Mr Masagos said.

PUB CALLS FOR PROPOSALS FOR FIFTH DESALINATION PLANT

Mr Masagos also announced that national water agency PUB has put up a request for proposals for the development of Singapore's fifth desalination plant.

Four applicants shortlisted from an earlier pre-qualification exercise - Keppel Infrastructure Holdings, Sembcorp Utilities, Tuas Power and YTL Power International - have been invited to submit their proposals, PUB said in a press release.

According to PUB, the new plant is projected to enhance Singapore's water resilience by adding another 137,000 cubic metres of desalinated water a day to the country's water supply.

The desalination plant will be co-located within the successful applicant's existing facility, such as a power plant or a steam generation plant on Jurong Island, so that potential synergies in resources such as seawater intake or energy can be derived, the agency added.

PUB director of engineering development and procurement Young Joo Chye said that as a source of water that is independent of rainfall, desalinated water "bolsters the reliability of our water supply against prolonged periods of dry spells and droughts".

There are currently two desalination plants in Singapore which provide enough water to meet up to 25 per cent of Singapore's current demand. With the completion of a third plant in Tuas by this year and a fourth in Marina East by 2020, desalinated seawater is expected to meet up to 30 per cent of Singapore's water needs by 2060.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies waste water too much. must increase price of tap water to 69 cents per liter. and keep it acidic at ph no more than 6.9.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
these vampire govt always on the move to squeeze more out of sgian.........StomachSick must hv lost hefty sums again

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people may think it's only a small increase but when you add up everything that is being increased, it all adds up.

Well this is what the 70% voted for. The PAP is pushing their luck because there is plenty of people already struggling before these price increases. Eventually there will be some push back. Don't know when but it will happen. Just look at Indonesia & how they kicked out Suharto or in the US when they voted for Trump.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies waste water too much. must increase price of tap water to 69 cents per liter. and keep it acidic at ph no more than 6.9.

It all started by the fcuking PAP increasing the car park season fcuking fee road side parking fee and Public car park they can increased aby amout as they wished they are all out to ripped the poor motorists!! ERP IS THE MAIN KILLER ON THE ROAD TRY GO DOWN TOWN FROM AMK TO THE CITY YOUR CASH CARD WILL BE ripped EMPTY B4 U KNOW IT!!

That has caused price increased avalanche in the industries, Fucking Kopitiam, Food court has increased the drink by 20 to 30%!! Food at hawker cetre also increased! went to Bedok camp fo Ayam Penyet thew fucking ayam penyet has increased to $5.00 peviously was $3.50 when i was their regular customers not anymore, I rather have it at Changi village $4.00!!

NTUC has also increased most of the provisions, not to mentioned Cold Storage that's ok they are slaughtering the rich!

So thank you to the asshole 69.9% for voting the assholes to control stinkapoor!! who caused massive inflation when times are BAD!! Water and Electricity also increased peasants are being pressed by the BALLS!

And we have clown in our parLeement who earn million!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking forward to the increase. That's why I always say I'll leave it to the PAP to whack those ungrateful Sinkies without even me having to lift a finger myself. See my signature.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the increase justified?
1. How much we paid to Johor for the raw water? Why so big difference? Why do we sell to JB treated water for price so much lower than what we are paying now and much much more in coming future?
2. Why is there a need to build more units of expensive desalt plants now and immediate future where it is a fact that future costs can be expected to escalate? Is is NO secret that PAP is bringing in shiploads of f trashes and the increased pee is one major reason for need to hv more water. Wud it be fair to the true blue sgian who neither hanker for population increase nor want to be held ransom to papig goal of growing GDP at all costs so that he continue to earn fat salaries and fatter bonuses.
3. When f trash addition burst the seams, govt paid 10 billions to increase buses and trains....... why are wrangled and forced to pay for price increase of water? In fact true blue sgian shud enjoy special price due to the very cheap raw water bought from Johor. Incremental cost increases shud be borne by PAP n ftrashes.
4. Massage Myego spoke of new piping and deeper ones,,,,,,,, hey man you cannot dump fixed costs at us esp for reasons stated above.
5. Water treatment etc hv been the monopoly for years and as such there are countless opportunities to rationalise costs and reap savings - why not done OR where are the savings ferreted to??? Heads you win, tails we lose?
6. PUB has consumption tax but for some consumers who always use less water due to discipline, why is there NO exemption for the saving water efforts? Typical papig choice: either you vote for tudung or Halimah!!

A thoroughly f....ked up govt.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same day when NEH say national serviceman will each receive $100 in vouchers -are they somehow related or tied to each other?
Like that the $100 will be given back to them soon-!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Expect the quality of our water to go up. PAP probably fortified the water with more minerals to make it healthier and more nutritious for us sinkies.

oldman

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my PUB bill per cu M :
Water $1.17+water borne fee 0.2803+water conservation tax 0.351+Gst0.126
Total is $1.9273 per CuM. Why the report say $1.52 per Cu M?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the news today on CNA, the excuse Masagos made for the price hike is because Sporeans are using more water. By increasing the price "Sporeans" will be more aware of tje value of water.

Since I'm a Spore uncle, I remember when Spore had water rationing. Also been exposed to numerous PAP propaganda to conserve water.
What about the millions of PR & new citizens? Why should I be penalised by the behavior of others:confused:

What about industries who use water? Are they paying a fair price or are they getting a subsidy? Do you know that MNC's in Spore get a price break on utilities e.g. power & telecom

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the news today on CNA, the excuse Masagos made for the price hike is because Sporeans are using more water. By increasing the price "Sporeans" will be more aware of tje value of water.

Since I'm a Spore uncle, I remember when Spore had water rationing. Also been exposed to numerous PAP propaganda to conserve water.
What about the millions of PR & new citizens? Why should I be penalised by the behavior of others:confused:

What about industries who use water? Are they paying a fair price or are they getting a subsidy? Do you know that MNC's in Spore get a price break on utilities e.g. power & telecom

most of the ftrashes come from cuntries where water is cheap or free ie stolen or not paid...... from our maids we can see the wasteful habits
so why are the true blue sgian made to bear the additional cost burden??? Johor sells us raw water at 50 melayu cents per 1000 gallons so why are we forced to pay so much for treated water? give us the option to treat our own johorean water and we will prove that profiteering from us is a NO NO

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
staying in sinkieland is a total liability.

best is to have to sinkie passport but live in another country

or give up the sinkie passport and get a first world passport

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most of the ftrashes come from cuntries where water is cheap or free ie stolen or not paid...... from our maids we can see the wasteful habits
so why are the true blue sgian made to bear the additional cost burden??? Johor sells us raw water at 50 melayu cents per 1000 gallons so why are we forced to pay so much for treated water? give us the option to treat our own johorean water and we will prove that profiteering from us is a NO NO

From my understanding the treatment of water is carried out by Spore & that Spore sells the treated water to Malaysia. It is the PAP which has decided to stop buying water from Malaysia from 2061. http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_1533_2009-06-23.html

The two sides have been fighting over the cost. You can read about it here http://www.singapore-window.org/sw03/030721ns.htm
You can't really blame the Malaysians. When they see how much the PAP are charging Sporeans, they of course want some of that $$. Many of our neighbours must envy the PAP for their very high salaries & compliant media which makes excuses for the PAP's honest mistakes :wink:

The PAP gov't is the one responsible for setting the price Sporeans pay for the water which is 10 times the cost of Hong Kong. The details are found here, https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/water-prices-sg-cost-10-times-more-hk.

So if you are looking for the real culprits who are profiteering, just look at our own backyard.