• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wasted an entire month applying to be a teacher with the MOE

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am feeling really crappy and upset right now.

I don't get why government agencies must be so f**king opaque in their hiring practices. I am a fresh university graduate who applied to the Ministry of Education (MOE) to teach secondary level History and was interviewed last month. Spent this whole time waiting for them to revert, meanwhile also attended other interviews with private companies and organizations. Most of the interviewers blanched when I truthfully informed them I was awaiting a response from the education ministry; I can only assume it's because they were probably already aware of how HR departments at governmental establishments love to drag their feet when it comes to furnishing replies, consequently disallowing me to absolutely commit to any other job offer when my heart is still somewhat hopeful about securing that teaching gig.

So one whole f**king month flew by just like that.....completely wasted. Went through six interviews during this while including the one by MOE, only 2 besides MOE have yet to get back to me, then again they were held in the last week of April. And today afternoon MOE finally responded via e-mail.

"We refer to your application for a teaching position.

Thank you for your interest in teaching, and the time you had taken to be at the interview. After careful consideration of your application in totality and in competition with the other applicants, we would like to inform you that your application is unsuccessful.

We wish you every success in your future endeavours."

Not even a "not successful now but we'll KIV your resume for future job openings", but a curt, straight up "no we don't want you, don't bother applying again" reply. I just wasted one whole month plus some counting so very much on my dreams of being an educator coming true. Now every last aspiring molecule within me is murdered with just one e-mail.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2019/05/wasted-entire-month-applying-to-be.html

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
or how the moors conquered sicily and turned italians into looking like niggers after centuries of fucking.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't get why government agencies must be so f**king opaque in their hiring practices. I am a fresh university graduate who applied to the Ministry of Education (MOE) to teach secondary level History and was interviewed last month. Spent this whole time waiting for them to revert, meanwhile also attended other interviews with private companies and organizations. Most of the interviewers blanched when I truthfully informed them I was awaiting a response from the education ministry; I can only assume it's because they were probably already aware of how HR departments at governmental establishments love to drag their feet when it comes to furnishing replies, consequently disallowing me to absolutely commit to any other job offer when my heart is still somewhat hopeful about securing that teaching gig.

So one whole f**king month flew by just like that.....completely wasted. Went through six interviews during this while including the one by MOE, only 2 besides MOE have yet to get back to me, then again they were held in the last week of April. And today afternoon MOE finally responded via e-mail.

Thank you for your interest in teaching, and the time you had taken to be at the interview. After careful consideration of your application in totality and in competition with the other applicants, we would like to inform you that your application is unsuccessful.

Not even a "not successful now but we'll KIV your resume for future job openings", but a curt, straight up "no we don't want you, don't bother applying again" reply. I just wasted one whole month plus some counting so very much on my dreams of being an educator coming true. Now every last aspiring molecule within me is murdered with just one e-mail.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2019/05/wasted-entire-month-applying-to-be.html

our garmen agencies is like that one

unless u are part of the Familee and they see yr id, TerrexLee

they jitao dulan liao

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing to be upset about ... this is just normal ups and downs. If you can't take this kind of setback, you are not ready for bigger things in life.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guy must have grown up believing everything his mum and dad told him that he is special, the best, and he can be everything he wants to be. So, he went into the interview thinking that the process is just a fomality and MOE should be thankful that he is gracing them with his presence and that he was put on this earth to save mankind, or in this case, the academic excellence of future sinkies and he is a vital cog of the mind-shaping process of future titans of industries and world-conquering leaders.

A proper recruitment exercise lasts X number of days, during which resumes are collected and interviews conducted and at the end of the recruitment exercise, suitable candidates are then chosen and contacted. This fucked-up guy think he is so exceptional that once MOE interviewed him, will tell him yes or no on the spot? Did he even ask when will MOE's recruitment end? The fact MOE didn't hire him and his subsequent rant justifies MOE's decision...

Reality's a bitch eh?

Last edited:

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Guy must have grown up believing everything his mum and dad told him that he is special, the best, and he can be everything he wants to be. So, he went into the interview thinking that the process is just a fomality and MOE should be thankful that he is gracing them with his presence and that he was put on this earth to save mankind, or in this case, the academic excellence of future sinkies and he is a vital cog of the mind-shaping process of future titans of industries and world-conquering leaders.

Reality's a bitch eh?
can give tuition. look at adam khoo

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can give tuition. look at adam khoo

Giving tuition involves not having a steady pay package, annual leave, medical leave, cpf, healthcare subsidies, annual bonus, fixed working hours, all of which are too much for strawberries who expect to be hired with one job interview.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i never agree with how candidates are being shortlisted in s'pore. the overall hr practice in s'pore need to be revamped. remove the old and useless filthy cunts from hr function is a must.:FU:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you are an oppie, you should not be a teacher, especially a history teacher. We want responsible and pro-Singapore adults to teach our kids the real Singapore Story, not some oppie-fabricated version of the turbulent 1960s to 1980s period.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a story of a guy who went for an interview for a teaching position. There was a panel of interviewers. He was asked by the lead interviewer who appeared like a seasoned school principal, " Why do you want to teach ?". He replied enthusiastically, " I would like to share with the students what I learnt from my working life experience. I would like to impart some life skills to today's students so that they can be better prepared for work or career when they graduate."

The lead interviewer looked at the guy with disdain and told him straight in the face ," You just teach." The poor chap was stunned... and obviously very disappointed with the response. He didn't take the offer when it was sent to him a month later.

A year later, the Ministry of Education announced that changes will be forthcoming in the education system. Pupils will be taught life-skills and get involved in project work , not just study academic subjects ...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A year later, the Ministry of Education announced that changes will be forthcoming in the education system. Pupils will be taught life-skills and get involved in project work , not just study academic subjects ...

Pupils will be taught life skills by fresh graduates who mostly don't have working experience? What sort of life skills are these fresh graduate teachers supposed to be teaching besides sharing their experience in NS, food delivery or voyeuring fellow undergrads showering?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pupils will be taught life skills by fresh graduates who mostly don't have working experience? What sort of life skills are these fresh graduate teachers supposed to be teaching besides sharing their experience in NS, food delivery or voyeuring fellow undergrads showering?
It is not about the fresh graduates ... it is about the horrendous hiring and interviewing process... and the arrogant attitude of the hiring staff who think that they know everything about teaching ... if the system has been so good, why they are told to change ?