• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WAR TIME!! Malaysiakini & ALL 6 Mirrors Knocked Out

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is not just ISA mass-arresting going on in Malaysia right now.

I found all 6 mirrors and main site of Malaysiakini.com gone.

malaysiatoday.com is also gone.

BN is on a war to stay in power. The war is on right now!

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not war lah, found this message:

We are sorry that we have to disable Malaysia Today for the time being
as our servers are extremely exhausted.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please come back later for more exciting news.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap,

Don't talk cok lah.

I am reading Malaysiakini and Malaysia Today RIGHT NOW.

I was using these sites last night until very late, but they were gone in the morning and I re-checked many times over 30 mins. Confirm all were down. The non-political sites were unaffected.

After that I went off-line, and I received sms to inform me that these sites resumed again.

Malaysiakini suffered technical faults during GE2008 in March. But their mirror remained up as their main server went faulty. GE2008 was a peak time of congestion. During Anwar's by-election there was no such problem.

However this morning, it shouldn't be so bad for congestion. Because it wasn't GE, it was just some ISA arrests. It shouldn't have overloaded so badly. That's why I believed they had been shut down.

Remember malaysiatoday.com was just shut down by BN govt this month. Remember malaysiakini.com was raided by BN's ISD (special brunch) more than once. :mad::mad:

I will contact them to find out what happened. Both of these sites went down for more than 30 mins.

A

Alu862

Shades of the SDP "market place" site during it's reforming.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not war lah, found this message:

We are sorry that we have to disable Malaysia Today for the time being
as our servers are extremely exhausted.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please come back later for more exciting news.

Oh, you could read that msg. All I got was "CONNECTION RESET" all the way. Both for Malaysiakini.Com & MalaysiaToday.Com same error.

If so then, really indeed their sites were overloaded.

Unreasonable leh. No election mah. Only ISA arrested opposition only. I guess as the 916 gets nearer, this sort of things trigger more sensitive responds on the web, that flooded the servers until the servers Tak Boleh Tahan.

A

Alu862

Oh, you could read that msg. All I got was "CONNECTION RESET" all the way. Both for Malaysiakini.Com & MalaysiaToday.Com same error.

If so then, really indeed their sites were overloaded.

Unreasonable leh. No election mah. Only ISA arrested opposition only. I guess as the 916 gets nearer, this sort of things trigger more sensitive responds on the web, that flooded the servers until the servers Tak Boleh Tahan.

Now if this was Holland, those that made racial remarks would be protected instead. Would you like that?