• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wanton Mee from Hill Street food court?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys, wonder who can help clarify. In the old days, I see the Koh Loh Mee seller like the wanton bee seller having their bowl size portion of noodles all arranged and ready for customers. The Koh Loh Mee seller how ever tend to sprinkle flour on the noodles before tossing in the net scoop and drenching it in hot water. Also see lots of flour on the wooden preparation board in Koh Loh Mee than wanton mee. Is there a reason for it?

That's corn flour, sprinkled on the kon lo mee to prevent the noodles from sticking together.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
你 lou mei can now be modified to 你閪 (diu lei lan hai) as lgbtq catch-all for transgendered toilets. hou ma?
couldn't agree with you more, since lou mei as in chap chye, an all in mix ala rojak encompasses all the wanton desires stirring in dem there loins :p
Guys, wonder who can help clarify. In the old days, I see the Koh Loh Mee seller like the wanton bee seller having their bowl size portion of noodles all arranged and ready for customers. The Koh Loh Mee seller how ever tend to sprinkle flour on the noodles before tossing in the net scoop and drenching it in hot water. Also see lots of flour on the wooden preparation board in Koh Loh Mee than wanton mee. Is there a reason for it?
not sure but could be that the flour toss prevents the noodles from sticking together :confused:
Also, noticed that the ah pek who operates the goreng pisang, sweet potato, fritters stall etc stall sprinkles some of the flour coating into the oil when frying and asked him why - he said that it helps him to guage the doneness of the items if they're thoroughly cooked.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's corn flour, sprinkled on the kon lo mee to prevent the noodles from sticking together.

not sure but could be that the flour toss prevents the noodles from sticking together :confused:
Also, noticed that the ah pek who operates the goreng pisang, sweet potato, fritters stall etc stall sprinkles some of the flour coating into the oil when frying and asked him why - he said that it helps him to guage the doneness of the items if they're thoroughly cooked.

Thanks guys, I noticed that it was only for Koh Koh Mee in the old days and I remember that the noodles were crunchy, and the texture was different.

Old Library I always thought that it was wanton Mee as it has distinct sauce taster and it had a lot of veg. loved it though. What great a part of our food history.