• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wanton mee at Hong Mao Noodle House

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.soshiok.com/articles/13121

Wanton mee at Hong Mao Noodle House

Tue Jun 16 2009
Lam Ze Ying
SoShiok.com

wanton_sk.jpg

You might need to wait a good 45 minutes on a weekday lunch hour for one wanton mee.

Hong Mao Noodle House

Where: 128 Eating Corner, Tembeling Road

Singapore, June 16, 2009 - This wanton mee stall at a quiet corner coffee at Tembeling Rd may not be new to all (considering all those food review newspaper cutting pasted on the stall), but still worth a mention since many seem to have touted that it's one of the best in Singapore.

I personally find that it's hard to explain why it's good - the not-soggy noodles, well-sized wanton or shiok chilli - but perhaps it's the entire combo that creates an unexplainable craving.

Well, enough to make me wait a good 45 minutes on a weekday lunch hour for one wanton mee, and mind you, no matter what time you go, be prepared to see tables of people waiting.

It's really value-for-money, as the small version is very reasonably priced at $2.50 (you can hardly find anything decent at this price nowadays), the bigger version at $3.00 only gives you more "liao" (ingredients), so for those who want more mee, please order "add noodles" at extra $0.50.

I also liked the charming old coffee shop, which reminds me of a relaxing afternoon in Malaysia, makes waiting more bearable.

So order a glass of Teh Si Peng and chill out while you wait for the delicious treat coming.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Joo Chiat resident are spoiled for choices at the number of popular wontan mee, 6 of them. 3 at duman hawker center, 2 Fei Feis at Joo Chiat Place and Hong Mao.

Though I am not a fan for all of them, I do appreciate that the portion and prices are reasonable which comes about from competition except Fei Feis. Which the later I feel is stuck in time about authenticity where you have to ask for soup and they put their bloody hot chilli in the spoon and it leave you no choice but to dispose them on the table if you won't want to burn your taste bud. Talking about going too far.:(

macky888

Alfrescian
Loyal

only bus 33 goes there. It passes by chinatown and bugis so you can probably hop up the bus from there.

jw5

Loyal
Joo Chiat resident are spoiled for choices at the number of popular wontan mee, 6 of them. 3 at duman hawker center, 2 Fei Feis at Joo Chiat Place and Hong Mao.

Though I am not a fan for all of them, I do appreciate that the portion and prices are reasonable which comes about from competition except Fei Feis. Which the later I feel is stuck in time about authenticity where you have to ask for soup and they put their bloody hot chilli in the spoon and it leave you no choice but to dispose them on the table if you won't want to burn your taste bud. Talking about going too far.:(
Other good wonton mees are at Geylang, Lavendar and Dunman.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO, this mee is bit too hard and not Q. What is the main reason to say this wanton mee is the best? The Wanton? The soup? The sauce? Tell me please.:confused:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
The owner very dao, there used to be a oyster omelette store in this kpt but had since moved to old airport road hwker cntr. It is next to the wantan noodle where you have to take number in the front row