• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wah ! Lee Kuan Yew threatened us . Are Singaporeans ready for a non - Chinese PM

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah ! Lee Kuan Yew threatened us . Are Singaporeans ready for a non - Chinese PM

Turning to local politics, Lee said in an AFP report that the ruling People's Action Party (PAP), which has been in power since 1959 when Singapore gained political autonomy from colonial ruler Britain, will someday lose its grip on power.

"There will come a time when eventually the public will say, look, let's try the other side, either because the PAP has declined in quality or the opposition has put up a team which is equal to the PAP... That day will come."

"In the next 10 years to 20 years, I don't think it'll happen. Beyond that, I cannot tell."

Lee said that despite a survey showing the contrary, he believed Singaporeans were not yet ready for a non-ethnic-Chinese prime minister.

"A poll says 90 percent of Chinese Singaporeans say they will elect a non-Chinese as PM. Yes, this is the ideal. You believe these polls? Utter rubbish. They say what is politically correct," he stated.

Read more

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=36271

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YX_kNXiKhO8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not mind having non-chinese PM, MM, SM or whatever Ms as long as he displays some soul, kind heartedness and compassion for Singaporeans at large. However, the current chinese PM, MM, SM and whatever Ms failed under such assessment and we have every reason to vote them out regardless of their race.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not mind having non-chinese PM, MM, SM or whatever Ms as long as he displays some soul, kind heartedness and compassion for Singaporeans at large. However, the current chinese PM, MM, SM and whatever Ms failed under such assessment and we have every reason to vote them out regardless of their race.

They can reinstate a boggie man .
... on make believe .
The whole parliament is a front .
Priorities are given to the elites nevertheless .
The real powers are the billionares
here with real billions driving powers .
The facade is just a punching bag for the poor .

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can reinstate a boggie man .
... on make believe .
The whole parliament is a front .
Priorities are given to the elites nevertheless .
The real powers are the billionares
here with real billions driving powers .
The facade is just a punching bag for the poor .

Podem restabelecer um homem do boggie. … faça sobre para acreditar. O parlamento inteiro é uma parte dianteira. As prioridades são dadas às elites não obstante. Os poderes reais são os billionares aqui com poderes de condução reais de biliões. A fachada é apenas um saco de perfuração para os pobre

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Race and religions are not problem when I choose leader. I want someone who is not disconnect and has guts enough to admit wrong and put things right.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have also Chinese PM now. But our quality of life sucks big time with hyperinflation and low wage growth.

KNN !

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Race and religions are not problem when I choose leader. I want someone who is not disconnect and has guts enough to admit wrong and put things right.

Notice you wrote "leader" and not "PM". In actuality the leader of this country is definitely not the PM.

So to me the next PM can be an Apache Indian, Siberian reindeer herdsman or Romanian gypsy... it doesn't matter when Old Hakka is still the MM.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget the keling president.

jonlatio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Utter rubbish!
Do we have a choice who the PM will be? The question should be, are the papies ready to choose a non-chinese as a PM?