• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vote wisely - vote the right tan

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will vote for Ee Say Tan. Who is he you ask? See below>>>

Isetan!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read in the papers that Tony Tan's experience in financial matters might be useful. Any opinions?

For financial literacy and experience, I'd rank:
1. Tony Tan (OCBC & GIC)
2. Tan Kin Lian (NTUC Income)
3. Tan Jee Say (AIB Hoare-Govett)
4. Tan Cheng Bock (no direct experience in financial sector at all)

That said, the two previous EPs both have no direct experience in financial sector at all. That's why OTC was successfully stonewalled when he queried and SRN didn't even bother or know what to query.

I wouldn't trust TJS whatever experience he has, not a man who jump in and out of SDP from GE to PE. TKL has a 30-year track record of loyalty with NTUC but he doesn't seem to understand president role and responsibility. I'd go for TT.

Last edited:

Captain Singapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan does seem to have more relevant and extensive financial experience. Just not sure if that will be useful as President is after all a ceremonial role. Unless he can act in an advisor role.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Jee Say seems rather confrontational. Will it be a case of rocking the boat till it sinks?
Yeap, I've said in other thread, he sure will question every decisions PAP proposed, which sometimes slow the decisions. And I'm sure CSJ will involve somehow.....

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If vote for TT, PAP can do anything they want liao...... we are screwed again... haiz...

Yeap, I've said in other thread, he sure will question every decisions PAP proposed, which sometimes slow the decisions. And I'm sure CSJ will involve somehow.....

I don't object to people voting for TKL and TCB too if you don't trust TT to be independent enough even with his extensive financial experience and knowledge. Both TT and TCB have records of dissenting against PAP policies. I'll agree with you, TJS is a no-no. He'll oppose everything and even make good policies hard to pass through.