• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vote TKL Means No Deferment For NSmen

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-views-of-national-service-two-sides.html
<!-- google_ad_section_start(name=default) -->Monday, July 11, 2011

My views of National Service - two sides

During my time as CEO of NTUC Income, I supported National Service in the following ways:
  • I gave priority to reservist training. All employees had to report for reservist training as required by SAF, i.e. NO request for deferment.
  • NTUC Income actively participated in SAF Day to recognize the contribution of NSmen
  • NTUC Income was recognised for the Most Supportive Employee by SAF for many years
During the same period, I also wrote several letters to the newspapers to ask for the burden of national service to be fairly shared by males, females and non-citizens. I also spoke to many MPs and ministers. I once raised this matter in a private conversation with the then Defense Minister.

Read this previous posting.

I supported the need to defend the nation, but wish to see the burden spread fairly among the people.