• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivian waives privilege but WP can't sue because Pinky says government is behind it

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Vivian waives privilege but WP can't sue because Pinky says government is behind

You are wrong. There was a second lawsuit.

CST sued the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and the SDP CEC for defamation for asking CST to run as a PAP candidate. CSJ won $150,000.00.

By the way, suing SDP to prevent wrongful dismissal is not the same as sueing for defamation. I'm sure you can see the distinction. Chiam also never sued GCT for defamation. It was two other ministers he sued for defamation. Compensation was very little/

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Vivian waives privilege but WP can't sue because Pinky says government is behind

Nonsense. You can sue anybody you want. If an entity and 100 people defame you, you have the choice of targeting any of the 100 people directly. Vivian will not have a defence saying that he is echoing the government's position.

If Harper defames Mulcair and says he has the backing of the government. Mulcair can still sue Harper in his personal capacity.

You can't sue Vivian without suing the government. The government is making the accusation. Vivian is merely the spokesman.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

The MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan was sued for asking CST to run as PAP candidate.

CSJ was sued for legal fees incurred when CST was defending him.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nonsense. You can sue anybody you want. If an entity and 100 people defame you, you have the choice of targeting any of the 100 people directly. Vivian will not have a defence saying that he is echoing the government's position.

If Harper defames Mulcair and says he has the backing of the government. Mulcair can still sue Harper in his personal capacity.

You can't sue Vivian alone when Pinky has said Vivian was speaking for the government of sinkapore. The whole AG office will be at work defending the government. How much of our taxes do you wish to see go wasted on this petty issue which resulted from a screwup by the NEA?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

obviously someone is an important team player

Wendy,
Will you be surprised that come 2016, Ms Vivian will contest in Aljunied GRC to rid us of his so called MPs of dubious integrity ?? Or will Ms Vivian sprout some balls (pardon my French) to do so ? Or will 'she' remain a coward and hide behind the grc scheme to continue the benefits ?? Ha Ha

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is an excerpt of the parliamentary debate between PAP MP Dr Lily Neo and Minister Vivian Balakrishnan on the issue of public assistance.
Dr Lily Neo:
Sir, I want to check with the Minister again when he said on the strict criteria on the entitlement for PA recipients. May I ask him what is his definition of “subsistence living”? Am I correct to say that, out of $260 per month for PA recipients, $100 goes to rental, power supply and S&C and leaving them with only $5 a day to live on? Am I correct to say that any basic meal in any hawker centre is already $2.50 to $3.00 per meal? Therefore, is it too much to ask for just three meals a day as an entitlement for the PA recipients?
Dr Vivian Balakrishnan:
How much do you want? Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like yr proposal. No need to sue or act yaya. Just ask him to stand in Aljunied GRC with his A team in GE2016 and let's see whose integrity is in question.

Wendy,
Will you be surprised that come 2016, Ms Vivian will contest in Aljunied GRC to rid us of his so called MPs of dubious integrity ?? Or will Ms Vivian sprout some balls (pardon my French) to do so ? Or will 'she' remain a coward and hide behind the grc scheme to continue the benefits ?? Ha Ha

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no such thing as waiving of parliamentary immunity. The only way is to repeat what has been said outside parliamentary session.

And we thought Ms Vivian had integrity, thus he waived parliamentary immunity on his statements. Now, we know that he did it knowing that he was being protected by the government.

When the WP sues, it will have to sue the government as well. So, public money will be wasted to defend the government. More of our tax dollars wasted if the WP sues.

SL and PS can and should make hay from this revelation. The WP will not sue because it does not want taxpayer's money to be wasted on unnecessary civil lawsuit.

If LHL and VB will dare to call SL and PS dishonest on a personal basis, then it will be a different ball game. Will LHL and VB do so?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact is that the WP is chicken now depending on apologists like you to make excuses for them.

*cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck*

You can't sue Vivian alone when Pinky has said Vivian was speaking for the government of sinkapore. The whole AG office will be at work defending the government. How much of our taxes do you wish to see go wasted on this petty issue which resulted from a screwup by the NEA?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why not ask LTK and team to go to Holland Bukit Timah to depend their honour?

I like yr proposal. No need to sue or act yaya. Just ask him to stand in Aljunied GRC with his A team in GE2016 and let's see whose integrity is in question.