• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivian threatens to crush Companies responsible for Haze.... REAL or NATO only?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan said: "Early next year, I'll be going to Parliament to introduce a new Act specifically targeting trans-boundary haze. We will make it a criminal offence. We will hold the companies as well as directors liable for the damage they cause to us, as well as the deleterious health impact on our population. We're about to finalise the drafting, I will present it to the public. We will take the views of the public, adjust it if necessary. I hope to pass this bill sometime within the first half of next year.

"Again, the intention is to send a signal to companies. We are going to hold them accountable and we know who is responsible for causing these problems to literally millions of Singaporeans and Indonesians."

Dr Balakrishnan said his ministry will also collaborate with non-government organisations to highlight the problem within the local and international sphere.

He said the key objective is to ultimately create an awareness among consumers of palm oil, to understand which companies are producing palm oil sustainably and responsibly, and which ones are doing so through indiscriminate burning.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/haze-dengue-floods-are/936324.html

safe_image.php

Dr V and Dr Jia Jia....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Again, the intention is to send a signal to companies. We are going to hold them accountable and we know who is responsible for causing these problems to literally millions of Singaporeans and Indonesians."

[video=youtube;U0Y7brwz6fA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Y7brwz6fA[/video]

vivian-01.jpg

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy.... or are you gonna bite? :cool:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan said: "Early next year, I'll be going to Parliament to introduce a new Act specifically targeting trans-boundary haze. We will make it a criminal offence.

So chup-cheng neh, is wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayers' money on the pointless youth Olympics a criminal offence too ?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So chup-cheng neh, is wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayers' money on the pointless youth Olympics a criminal offence too ?

bastard one hundred percent overbudget

apologies for wrong numbers. thankyou Confuseous

YOG budget balloons – S$104m to S$387m

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have we ever heard those PAP walking bags of excrement ever telling us the truth?

The only thing PAP good in is to tell lies after lies after lies

MrCucumber

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have we ever heard those PAP walking bags of excrement ever telling us the truth?

The only thing PAP good in is to tell lies after lies after lies

Making motherhood statement is one thing, but gathering of evidence and legal process is another, especially if the companies are outside Singapore.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. toothless but very expensive sheep.
2. making noise.
3. the haze is no yesterday biz:kma:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sending signals again...............just like MOM who have always been sending signals and setting 'guidelines' but never had the balls to act against errant companies

Labyrinth

Alfrescian
Loyal
vivian-01.jpg

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy.... or are you gonna bite? :cool:

"我问天" he needs to ask the sky.

[video=youtube;X_yf3tUxoGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_yf3tUxoGE[/video]

jw5

Loyal
I wonder why Ms Vivian does not give up the ministar job and go back to practising opthalmology?

Could be that he thought he was destined for greater things. Probably still thinks that, despite hentah kaki for so long.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk only la. See what happen for the do no call registry?

Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan said: "Early next year, I'll be going to Parliament to introduce a new Act specifically targeting trans-boundary haze. We will make it a criminal offence. We will hold the companies as well as directors liable for the damage they cause to us, as well as the deleterious health impact on our population. We're about to finalise the drafting, I will present it to the public. We will take the views of the public, adjust it if necessary. I hope to pass this bill sometime within the first half of next year.

Dr Balakrishnan said his ministry will also collaborate with non-government organisations to highlight the problem within the local and international sphere.

He said the key objective is to ultimately create an awareness among consumers of palm oil, to understand which companies are producing palm oil sustainably and responsibly, and which ones are doing so through indiscriminate burning.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/haze-dengue-floods-are/936324.html

safe_image.php

Dr V and Dr Jia Jia....