• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivian sets condition for meeting WP

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Balakrishnan calls on WP to clean hawker centre and apologise to hawkers

By Andrea Ong

Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Vivian Balakrishnan has said that the Workers' Party (WP) should clean up the hawker centres under their charge and apologise to the hawkers involved in a long-running dispute over the cleaning of hawker centres in Aljunied GRC.

Only once the cleaned hawker centres have been inspected would he sit down for a meeting with WP chief Low Thia Khiang, said Dr Balakrishnan on Tuesday.

"At that point, I will be happy to invite Mr Low Thia Khiang for a cup of coffee with me," he said to reporters, adding that the meeting would also have to involve the hawkers.

Dr Balakrishnan was responding to the statement by the WP-run Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) on Monday, where town council vice-chairman Pritam Singh invited the minister to a dialogue with the WP MPs "to settle any outstanding matters".

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian is playing with fire. No one tells LTK to do anything. :cool:

Bring out the popcorn, there's gonna be some fireworks.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Vivian Balakrishnan has said that the Workers' Party (WP) should clean up the hawker centres under their charge and apologise to the hawkers involved in a long-running dispute over the cleaning of hawker centres in Aljunied GRC.

Only once the cleaned hawker centres have been inspected would he sit down for a meeting with WP chief Low Thia Khiang, said Dr Balakrishnan on Tuesday.

"At that point, I will be happy to invite Mr Low Thia Khiang for a cup of coffee with me," he said to reporters, adding that the meeting would also have to involve the hawkers.

Dr Balakrishnan was responding to the statement by the WP-run Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) on Monday, where town council vice-chairman Pritam Singh invited the minister to a dialogue with the WP MPs "to settle any outstanding matters".

Ms Vivian is trying to change the channel. He is portraying the situation as WP TC not up to notch on keeping hawker centre clean. And he is trying to put the PAP is champion of hawkers.

Wah, WP must humtum him big time. Time to show how PAP has bludgeoned hawkers for decades.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is Vivian even aware that his shit stirrer has being exposed?

does it even matter?

the art of distancing, getting someone else to take the rap, getting someone else to get the lawyer hounds if any, - all these come to my mind as they have been done before

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is going to turn around and slap on his face..........yet again.

Read in today's Chinese papers that the hawkers there said they do not want to get involve in this political turmoil. They just want to carry on their business as usual.

Sinkies who know about the case are getting fed up that the ministers are involved in such a small matter which is dragging on and on and is getting ridiculous. The rest of the Sinkies are either clueless about what's happening or simply don't give a damn because it does not affect them.

So it doesn't matter who is right and who is lying anymore as this guy's ego is really pissing everybody off now.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
We must always remember that whenever these PAP clown ministers speak, they are not speaking to us. Their words are only meant for LKY the old fart to hear. Because it doesn't matter what we think of them, but it all matters to them what LKY thinks of them. Else their out-of-this-world salaries will come down back to earth. And this is the very reason why Khaw BW, Tan Chuan Jin, Lim Swee Say, VB, Lui TY etc all sound like bloody idiots because they simply don't make sense to ordinary folks but they are the very words the Old Fart wants to hear.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really a childish guy. This kind of challenges are seen in schoolyards and finally call mother father and then how.

While a medical undergrad freshie he could not handle the ragging and quickly bailed out. All others went thru it including the girls. He ended up being ostracised and finally in later years he sucked Arthur Lim's precious dick to get back into the right circles.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pee-ay-pee scums have more apologizing to do themselves.

Chup-cheng-neh should just burn in hell.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And no response to Pritam who said the minister assassinated his character.

The most appropriate response to Ms Vivian is to serve him a notice to apologize or face a lawsuit. At least then the public will get all the details in a trial.
Pritam could do crowd sourcing to raise funds for his legal fees and he pledges to donate any win to one or more of the anti-PAP websites.

I will be donating if Pritam does crowd sourcing.