• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Viewers ask why no Chinese coverage of PE? FT more important?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Public outrage: PE with no Chinese coverage
Shin Min Daily News - 14 hrs 51 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg

Members of the public are complaining about the lack of Chinese language coverage for the Presidential Election.

Many readers of Shin Min Daily News have been complaining to the paper and asking why election coverage is limited only to the Channel NewsAsia channel.

Mdm Xu (57, housewife) says she is very disappointed by the lack of Chinese language coverage. She said, "Why is there Chinese language coverage during the General Election but none for the Presidential Election?"

The angry Mdm Xu decided to turn in early instead of catching the election coverage.

Chen Mei Fang (45, manager) asked, "Is this because we don't have to pay for TV license fees anymore?"

Channel NewsAsia recently reported that its seven-hour coverage of the election attracted nearly a million viewers, placing it as one of the top ten most-watched programmes this year.

Some viewers are even wondering, is Mediacorp doing this to force viewers to Channel NewsAsia and artificially push up its ratings?

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 31 August 2011.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well as you know if you're chinese you're supposed to know how to speak english cos chinese ppl speak english as their native language.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public outrage: PE with no Chinese coverage
:
Many readers of Shin Min Daily News have been complaining to the paper and asking why election coverage is limited only to the Channel NewsAsia channel.

Mdm Xu (57, housewife) says she is very disappointed by the lack of Chinese language coverage. She said, "Why is there Chinese language coverage during the General Election but
none for the Presidential Election?"

The angry Mdm Xu decided to turn in early instead of catching the election coverage.
:

Calm down, Mdm Xu and the many people of Shin Min. You may watch some of the Chinese PE content here:

For starters,

Still not enough? TT has more for you:

Still not enough? TT welcomes you to Istana so that you can do live chit chat until both your hearts are content.

inbrief_06092002_SCSC_img1.jpg

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose so but then again there is quite a number of sinkees that don't speak english that well.

Actually has the proportion of chinese educated sinkees decreased?

There's no such thing as Chinese educated nowadays, except some old folks and PRC converts. Chinese is CL2 English is EL1. In SAP schools Chinese is CL1 along with English EL1 but all other subjects in English. Chinese a little better but basically still English educated no need to pretend.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
cox the 4 Tans chinese sucks? lol

Not surprising. Singapore is an English speaking country, all of you have to face fact. Though I'm afraid most of you have wasted your opportunity to master English as well as you should in schooldays, I'm sure all of you understand basic English or at least the pidgin now known as Singlish. I myself have to face fact too. I have to learn to understand all those Chinese and Malay words corrupted and adopted into Singlish for everyday communication. But as far as law and government are concerned, the language is standard English.