• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Eating with chopsticks (China vs Japan vs Korea) and Fork & Knife (USA vs UK)

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[–]WordsonLim 169 points 21 hours ago
I had a colleague visit from the UK and they found it weird how people here eat with a fork and spoon.
It’s not common in the west apparently.
Even eating Malay/Indian food with hands seemed less weird to them than the fork and spoon.

[–]notsoospicy 69 points 19 hours ago
My partner who is American doesn’t eat with a spoon and a fork either. He either eats with a spoon, or a fork, never both lol.

[–]Yura1245 14 points 7 hours ago
Then how they scoop the remaining food without 2 utensils?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any American traveling in England needs to remember that, despite the shared language and many other bonds, the two cultures can be quite foreign to one another. And one of the times that becomes most clear is when they sit down to share food.

american style

People in the two nations have different ways of holding their knives and forks – and each nation is convinced that its own is the proper way of doing it, while the other is uncouth. Perhaps because the use of modern silverware began on both sides of the Atlantic later than the colonization of the New World, the customs evolved independently, with very different results.

https://europeupclose.com/article/england-vs-america-who-eats-properly/

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean in Korea / America / Japan / Turkey teaches Koreans how to hold a spoon the Korean way :

this lousy bugger can't speak english (he speaks singlish so he's a true blue stinky who served his ns apparently) and fucktard is a moron like all stinkies. why the eff did he now move to turkey?

apparently because turkey is more secular and closer to korea or japan in cultural or people to people terms, they feel greater kinship there.

that being said i hardly know any stinkies who actually moved to korea, quite a few in japan though, not too many, since more stinkies like to live in ang moh countries. which is understandable as well, considering slanties are at best copycats and ang mohs are their masters.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
[–]WordsonLim 169 points 21 hours ago
I had a colleague visit from the UK and they found it weird how people here eat with a fork and spoon.
It’s not common in the west apparently.
Even eating Malay/Indian food with hands seemed less weird to them than the fork and spoon.

[–]notsoospicy 69 points 19 hours ago
My partner who is American doesn’t eat with a spoon and a fork either. He either eats with a spoon, or a fork, never both lol.

[–]Yura1245 14 points 7 hours ago
Then how they scoop the remaining food without 2 utensils?

trivial things.

eating with hands common among negro arabs melayun afghan paki bangla ceca lanka malaun incl indon.

chopstick only limited to slanties like japs gooks viets and tiongs.

spoon was first invented in iran, many millennia ago. but not use of knife and fork. that maybe a greek or roman thing maybe? dunno, dun care.

funny thing is some chinks told me that ceca and malaun eat with their hands so they are barbarians. unlike angmohs who use cutlery and unlike slanties who use chopsticks, these groups use their bare hands. funny thing is when their ang moh kia masters use their hands to eat, these slanty morons copy - again. !!!!

same is seen when their ang moh kia masters copy Hindu polytheist custom of such bs as yoga or what not, and slanties world wide copied - again, again and again!

how pathetic are these lots.

genetically inferior copy cats.

and that is the real reason why tiongs will never come to surpass ang moh kia.

at best, tiongs can use their natural resource called population to copy ang moh kia and overwhelm them with numbers if numbers favour them. if not, then tiongs will diam-diam.

that's the most slanties can do genetically inferior as they are.

the theory of iq, race and inventiveness explain it well enough.