• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Angmoh man says, "Singapore Taught me the Value of Street Food"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Padraig LRH posted :
This video is one of the most beautiful i have ever seen. Am a Singaporean and in this covid period, hawkers are quietly and noticeably vanishing. Some have chosen to take a break, some retired and some others passed on. My mum was a hawker (she is 79 this year and fading fast from dementia). I grew up ashamed to be son of a hawker. I vividly recall details of the greasy mosaic tile floor as i looked down while bringing food to my classmates and collecting their money. Now i am ashamed for having felt ashamed. There is so much to be proud of. My mum toiled behind the stall so that everyone can afford a respectable meal. Thank you Andong for renewing our eyes to appreciate afresh the things we may have taken for granted. May we learn to love and cherish more post-covid. Bless the hands of those who cook us our meals.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fighting unkers and beer aunties should also be inducted into unesco’s world heritage list. it’s uniquely sinkandpourean.