• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vernon Palmer, Harry Crabb, Claude Doral, Lucy Leong...

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia cup football commentary by Brian Richmond really CMI... I doubt if he ever plays football.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mark carried on that tradition of atrocious Football commentary. I think his other son was more successful creatively
Those days we had no choice of local football commentary and when a football match is shown live, it was a big thing and the whole neighbourhood will come watch on one community black and white TV

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cyril was a newsreader. Before him there was Steven Lee ( deep voiced ). Later on there was Duncan Watts, Lynette Tie and another lady Diana Koh I think.

Ah, okay.
Duncan Watts was told to step down after LKY discovered he was gay, according to rumours.
Lynette Tie (Tai?) had nice legs.
Diana Koh migrated to Australia to cash in on ostrich eggs Down Under with her husband.
There was another very good looking one - her surname was Rappa.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah, okay.
Duncan Watts was told to step down after LKY discovered he was gay, according to rumours.
Diana Koh migrated to Australia to cash in on ostrich eggs Down Under with her husband.
Nicolette Rappa. Chiobu eurasian CJC girl. Newsreader same time as Lynette Tai. This one classy chiobu Chinese. Think she married a doctor. Also recall seeing her doing some news stuff on the BBC in London.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah, okay.

She is LInette Tye and the other good-looker is Nicolette Rappa. Duncan Watts and Norman Lim had the best voices , imho.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Castillo , used to be my poison for Jazz in Jokey‘s Club in Orchard Rd in the afternoon of Sundays

then there was a Malay or an Indian Comedian called Hamid Bond , a regular feature in annual dinner n dance

And of course , Anita Sarawak

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Castillo , used to be my poison for Jazz in Jokey‘s Club in Orchard Rd in the afternoon of Sundays

then there was a Malay or an Indian Comedian called Hamid Bond , a regular feature in annual diner n dance

And of course , Anita Sar

And anyone remembers the Tanya , in the old Forum Hotel ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

then there was a Malay or an Indian Comedian called Hamid Bond , a regular feature in annual diner n dance

Hamid was part of a duo with Ah Leng
He was quite the womanizer

Tania? Forum must have been before my time. I knew them that time they were already at Anywhere in nearby Tanglin

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tania? Forum must have been before my time. I knew them that time they were already at Anywhere in nearby Tanglin
Hamid’s humour was simply slapstick kind but couldn’t recall Ah Leng , my memories indeed fading ..Yup , heard of the womaniser bit , most in the entertainment industries were ..since you joked my memory , I do recall Hamid went into selling match sticks prior to disposable lighters era ...when it was fashionable to carry match stick boxes of lighter and smaller ones

with regards to Tanya , remember them playing in forum hotel ,which was right at the end of Orchard rd , the hotel itself changed names a few times ...those were the days it’s fashionable or sikit Atas to drink wine ,Tanya was the name of the gay lead singer and the lead guitarist was a fat Malay , quite forgot the name ...they really lighted the atmosphere in those days

it was on those era that I travelled a lot sometimes 3 times a week , so spent most of my time outside Singapore than here ...so , I don’t much remember about Anywhere

but Orchard Rd , was the place I used hang around whenever I got time to burn

since you were in the night life , do you know of a night spot right on Top of Anson building opposite to International Plaza ? It was owned by 2 Arab brothers , the action begins when others close from 12 midnight right to 5 AM , only known place that operated that late ...one of the brother owned some of others like Sparks and etc , from the money made here

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tanya was the name of the gay lead singer and the lead guitarist was a fat Malay , quite forgot the name ...they really lighted the atmosphere in those days

The gay lead singer is Alban De Souza

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gay lead singer is Alban De Souza

yup,I don't recall his real name till I read about him much much later .... his trademark was the outlandish make up he wore , and so were the rest of the Tanya group.....if my memory serves me right ,they were the only live band that used attractive make ups ..

it was a heady time indeed ,and their music was really, really good

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hamid’s humour was simply slapstick kind but couldn’t recall Ah Leng , my memories indeed fading ..Yup , heard of the womaniser bit , most in the entertainment industries were ..since you joked my memory , I do recall Hamid went into selling match sticks prior to disposable lighters era ...when it was fashionable to carry match stick boxes of lighter and smaller ones

with regards to Tanya , remember them playing in forum hotel ,which was right at the end of Orchard rd , the hotel itself changed names a few times ...those were the days it’s fashionable or sikit Atas to drink wine ,Tanya was the name of the gay lead singer and the lead guitarist was a fat Malay , quite forgot the name ...they really lighted the atmosphere in those days

it was on those era that I travelled a lot sometimes 3 times a week , so spent most of my time outside Singapore than here ...so , I don’t much remember about Anywhere

but Orchard Rd , was the place I used hang around whenever I got time to burn

since you were in the night life , do you know of a night spot right on Top of Anson building opposite to International Plaza ? It was owned by 2 Arab brothers , the action begins when others close from 12 midnight right to 5 AM , only known place that operated that late ...one of the brother owned some of others like Sparks and etc , from the money made here
I recall seeing Tania play at the Oberoi Imperial. They were quite good.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only face in the news from my childhood days.

23bea586c9cc153eadca02495b6697bd.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The old Forum hotel used to pack in the crowds for them. ANYWHERE was owned by the band members themselves.
The lead guitarist was Zul, who unfortunately passed away of a few years back.