• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Vegan Chef Exclusively Reveals Why He Quit MasterChef And Refused To Cook Meat

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vegan Chef Alex Lenghel in MasterChef kitchen

Alex Lenghel made headlines last week after he walked off the set of MasterChef Romania. The vegan chef and athlete made the decision after judges ordered him to cook meat during the elimination round of the competition.

Plant Based News (PBN) co-founder Robbie Lockie recently caught up with Lenghel to learn more about his vegan journey. And, what exactly went down in the MasterChef kitchen.

“First of all, I want to thank you for sharing my story, and I wanted to also thank everyone because I saw a very, very, very big response. I’ve had lots of support from many people all over the world,” Lenghel said.

The chef explained that he grew up in a village where raising animals was very common. “Twenty-five to thirty years ago, we didn’t have markets everywhere where you can go and buy stuff,” he noted.

As he grew older, Lenghel started to travel around the world, which introduced him to the concept of veganism.

From learning about diseases that arise from animals to questioning the logic behind eating animals in the first place, Lenghel decided to give up meat in 2016.Thriving as a meat-free athlete

Lenghel competed in multiple bodybuilding competitions as a passionate, meat-free athlete. In 2018, he decided to ditch dairy and go vegan. He has upheld the lifestyle ever since.

‘Going vegan is a process’​

For Lenghel, going vegan was a “process.” But you have to “keep doing it and trust the process,” he said.

Lockie goes on to ask Lenghel, “How did you end up getting involved in cooking and being a chef, to then going on MasterChef?”

Lenghel responded: “Cooking became part of my life with the vegan lifestyle.” He went on to explain that getting the right amount of macronutrients in, as an athlete, was really important for him. This propelled him to spend more time cooking in the kitchen.

MasterChef meat incident​

Speaking about his experience on MasterChef, Lenghel said: “I joined because I wanted to win without cooking meat.”

When Lenghel was ordered to cook meat, he responded to the judges, “I’m sorry, even if I have to give up this competition, I cannot cook meat, I’m not going to cook it.”

The judges told him that he only needed to cook the meat and that he didn’t have to eat it.

Speaking to Lockie, Lenghel explained, “I told them, I couldn’t do that… veganism isn’t just about eating. It’s about what message you want to send.”

In a previous chat with PBN, Langhel stated that cooking meat goes against his ethical beliefs. And, that he hopes food shows will see the increasing need to adapt to the plant-based community.

After his famous exit from the show, Lenghel now plans on starting a vegan cooking show, where he intends on inviting guests who are equally as passionate about cooking food.

He has also just launched his own range of supplements that go by his nickname: Massive Vegan.

Lenghel noted: “This is what I want to do now, just spread the word, spread help, spread love, and just show people that it’s possible.”

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://vegansupplementstore.co.uk/blogs/news/vegan-bodybuilding-an-interview-with-alex-lenghel

1671519332170.png

Jan 28 , 2019

With smouldering good looks and biceps that any man would be proud of, Alex Lenghel cuts an impressive figure - maybe that's why his Instagram account is so rapidly growing in followers. Regularly sharing his training regime and competition progress, Alex follows a plant-based diet and proves that you don't need to consume animal-based products in pursuit of a great physique.

We were delighted when Alex agreed to partner with us and allow us to support him during his 2019 competitive programme and we were keen to interview him to find out more about his vegan bodybuilding journey. You can read his interview below.

TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF​

My name is Alex Lenghel and I am 33 years old. I am from Romania but have been living in London for 2 years, working as a personal trainer.

WHAT TYPE OF DIET(S) DO YOU FOLLOW AND WHY?​

I follow a vegan diet and lifestyle, mixed with intermittent fasting.

Up until 2016 I was eating a typical bodybuilder's diet, but my body was telling me to give up meat, so I decided to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle. I was still eating eggs and dairy because I do love the taste of cheese, but a year later I discovered that I have lactose intolerance and so I decided to give up dairy also. At the end of 2018 I was a vegetarian who was still eating eggs but I decided that, as a New Year resolution for 2019, I would become a vegan and stop eating any kind of animal products.

As a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder I think it's important to have a good knowledge of nutrition and therefore I stay up to date with the latest research. I have discovered that animal proteins are harder to digest, slow the body down, accelerate the ageing process and they also feed the cancer cells in our body. My conclusion was that I would no longer continue eating animal products in favour of living healthier and longer.

HOW ARE YOU GETTING ON WITH YOUR NEW VEGAN DIET?​

I can honestly say that in this moment, being vegan, I feel I am in my best shape, I feel very energetic, I am stronger and healthier.

WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT BODY/FITNESS GOALS?​

During 2018 I achieved 1st place in two different Muscle Model competitions - as a vegetarian. I want to exceed that in 2019, competing as a vegan, to prove that anything is possible as long you work hard and dedicate yourself for your dream.

Alex Lenghel Competitive Vegan Bodybuilder

HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAIN EACH WEEK? WHAT ROUTINES DO YOU FOLLOW?​

I train a minimum 5 days a week, sometimes twice per day. My training is always varied, because our bodies have a very good memory and they are designed to reduce the amount of effort expended. By keeping it varied I am able to shock my body and keep it in a continuous cycle of progress and improvement.

WHAT MISTAKES HAVE YOU MADE IN THE PAST WITH YOUR TRAINING AND WHAT DO YOU DO DIFFERENTLY NOW AS A RESULT?​

In the past I have followed my own routines and undertaken basic exercises. Now that I am more experienced and a qualified professional I always mix up my exercises and training routines, I also track my rest between sets, the weight I use, and overall I have a professional mindset.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIECE OF GYM EQUIPMENT AND WHY?​

My favourite piece of gym equipment is the cable machine. Why? Because you can do a big range of exercises without any other accessories needed.

WHAT IS THE MOST COMMON MISTAKE YOU SEE PEOPLE MAKING WHEN THEY’RE NOT BEING TRAINED BY A PT?​

Breathing technique is the most common mistake - in fact, many people make this mistake even when they are trained by a PT. This is because there are many personal trainers who are not focusing on these details enough. This is important because our bodies need oxygen for all of their functions and so, without enough oxygen, our bodies will be limited in what they can achieve.

WHAT ONE PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE SOMEONE WHO IS LOOKING TO START A BODY TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE?​

Do not start without professional assistance. At worst you will end up getting injured, possibly seriously. At best you will end up making little or no transformation resulting in feeling demoralised and feeling like your exercise has been a waste of time.

It really is hugely important to know what you're doing and to either get the right education - or professional support - if you want to make a success of your training. That's why my motto is "Use your mind, to build your body".

WHAT SUPPLEMENTS DO YOU TAKE, WHY AND HOW OFTEN?​

Supplements are a huge part of my daily programme and I would not be able to achieve what I have without them. Of course, I take multi-vitamins, vegan protein and BCAAs, but I also take Guarana, Omega 3, Spirulina, L-Tyrosine and Lecithin, plus many others. I also find that pre-workout supplements help to give me an extra boost before my sessions.

WHAT SERVICES DO YOU OFFER AS A PT?​

As you might expect I provide the usual personal training services (programmes for weight loss, building muscles, body transformation, postural correction, flexibility training). I also run classes and produce diet plans.

My particular areas of expertise are resistance bands (elastisize) and surface free training/TRX.

ABOUT ALEX LENGHEL

Alex is an IAO Level 3 qualified fitness instructor & personal trainer. He also has an EQF Level 3 fitness instructor qualification from EREPs Fitness Scandinavia and he is qualified in Surface Free Training. Alex also provides Somatic and Sports Massage.

Instagram: @Alex.Lenghel.PT
Facebook: @lenghle.alex
Youtube: @alexlenghel

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The meat stood up and walked away. That should be enough to convince any one shouldn't it? :unsure:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

WHAT SUPPLEMENTS DO YOU TAKE, WHY AND HOW OFTEN?​

Supplements are a huge part of my daily programme and I would not be able to achieve what I have without them. Of course, I take multi-vitamins, vegan protein and BCAAs, but I also take Guarana, Omega 3, Spirulina, L-Tyrosine and Lecithin, plus many others. I also find that pre-workout supplements help to give me an extra boost before my sessions.
Lol… say so much but didn’t specify the exact ‘pre-workout supplements’