• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Useless Cunt Gan Kim Yong's excuse on why LJ Loong & cronies not vaccinated yet

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politicians do not want to be accused of “jumping the queue”, wish to prioritise healthcare workers: Health Minister Gan Kim Yong, on why Singapore’s leaders have yet to be vaccinated

By
theonlinecitizen
-
04/01/2021
Source: The Straits Times

Ministers, senior civil servants and politicians do not want to be accused of jumping the gun or jumping the queue ahead of others in Singapore, said Health Minister Gan Kim Yong in Parliament on Monday (4 January) on why they have reportedly yet to take up the available vaccine against COVID-19.

Healthcare workers, in particular, are exposed to potential infection when caring for their patients, and this is why they are prioritised in the vaccination exercise, he said.

Professor Leo Yee Sin, the executive director of the National Centre for Infectious Diseases, was among the first in the country to have been vaccinated against COVID-19 to assure the public that the vaccination process is safe, noted Mr Gan.

“When our time comes, I’m sure all my colleagues will be very happy to step forward to get vaccinated,” he said. he said.
Reiterating that while the Government encourages the Singapore population to get vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, Mr Gan also said today that vaccinations should be on a voluntary basis.

Groups most at risk of contracting the virus will be prioritised for vaccination, starting with healthcare workers, swabbers, officers at quarantine centres and other frontline workers. This will be followed next month by elderly people aged 70 and above.

Workers in industries with a high risk of “super-spreading” of COVID-19 such as the construction and marine industries will also be among those prioritised for vaccination.

Mr Gan said that those who have been vaccinated will receive a physical card to remind them of their next appointment for the second dose of vaccine, as well as to know which vaccine was given to them and to seek post-vaccination advice.

They will also have their records updated in the National Immunisation Registry. They will also be able to check on their status online, said Mr Gan.

Responding to a question from Sembawang GRC MP Lim Wee Kiak on the number of COVID-19 vaccines that have been secured for Singapore, Mr Gan said that while the Government is not able to specify such due to confidentiality clauses in advance purchase agreements with the vaccine manufacturers, Singapore could have enough vaccines for the population by the third quarter of this year if everything goes as planned.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bird talk again, the PAPigs are so 'important' ,i think they should go first.if PAPigs died of covid ,without very high paid n lobang to earn money ,ooops ,sorry i mean without 'PAPigs',if they all died of covid ,who going to buy more vaccine n run the country .( run the country till spread of covid n large amt of money spend n no mask law).PAPigs should go first

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bird talk again, the PAPigs are so 'important' ,i think they should go first.if PAPigs died of covid ,without very high paid n lobang to earn money ,ooops ,sorry i mean without 'PAPigs',if they all died of covid ,who going to buy more vaccine n run the country .( run the country till spread of covid n large amt of money spend n no mask law).PAPigs should go first

Lanjiao Loong is better dead than alive.
At least all the filthy indians will be deported back to their shithole.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lan Jiao lang
how much time will it take to jab all the people inside the cabinet ???

KNN, these Ministers are so useless.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you won't be travelling than you can skip it or delay as long as possible for this vaccine untill all the millionaire clowns are vaccinated.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you won't be travelling than you can skip it or delay as long as possible for this vaccine untill all the millionaire clowns are vaccinated.

Maybe they are secretly taking HCQ, but in public they're pimping the vaccines.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk is cheap, get vaccinate live on TV and proof you are a true leeder? Where all Tos drawing millions, our so call leeders?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the most cockup minister.Although Everywhere he go,he sure cockup,he still get his promotion and bonus.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am being dead serious here :

I want our PM to arrange a live television broadcast of every minister and himself getting their vaccination. And to show the brand of vaccine each is getting.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meanwhile, in Indonesia, the President is the first to be vaccinated.

Indonesia to start Covid-19 vaccinations on Jan 14
President Joko Widodo will receive the shots as a way to build confidence of the vaccines.

President Joko Widodo will receive the shots as a way to build confidence of the vaccines.PHOTO: REUTERS
wahyudi_soeriaatmadja.png

Wahyudi Soeriaatmadja
Indonesia Correspondent
5 JAN 2021

JAKARTA – Indonesia will begin vaccinating medical workers and public officials in all 34 provinces from January 14 as the country races to curb what many expect will be a resurgence of Covid-19 infections following gatherings and travel during Christmas and New Year.

President Joko Widodo and his Cabinet members will kick off the nationwide vaccination programme by getting the first shots of China’s Sinovac Biotech vaccine a day earlier (Jan 13), health minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin said.

“When medical workers are getting the vaccine shots, heads of local governments (regents and mayors), governors please visit the grassroots to help build confidence (about the vaccines) among the public,” Mr Budi said in a coordination meeting on Tuesday (Jan 5) at the domestic affairs ministry.

Three groups will receive the shots in the initial phase. They comprise high-ranking officials in Jakarta and across the provinces, committee members of medical workers’ associations and prominent medical doctors across the provinces and religious leaders, a statement issued by the domestic affairs ministry quoted Mr Budi as saying.

Like in many other countries around the world, some Indonesians remain sceptical about getting vaccinated partly because of the speed at which all Covid-19 vaccines were developed. The vaccines approved for use thus far were developed less than a year after the coronavirus emerged.

A Jakarta-based polling company, Saiful Mujani Research and Consulting (SMRC), said in mid-December that 40 per cent of 1,202 respondents in a random survey were undecided on whether they would come forward to get the vaccine shot. A slightly smaller number or 37 per cent said they would and 17 per cent did not want to be vaccinated. The remaining 6 per cent did not respond to the survey.

Slightly more than half or 56 per cent believed in the safety of the vaccines provided by the government, according to the SMRC.

Nationwide distribution of the Sinovac vaccine began in Indonesia on Sunday, three days after state vaccine producer Bio Farma received three million doses.

Many officials in cities across the sprawling archipelago are hoping that the nationwide vaccination programme will curb the spread of the virus, as strict lockdowns have been difficult to enforce due to weak compliance.

The capital, Jakarta, the most populous city, has extended its Covid-19 curbs, known as a transition partial lockdown, for the next two weeks as it tries to pre-empt an expected surge in infections after Christmas and the New Year. The transition partial lockdown includes limiting social gatherings to five people and capping restaurant occupancy at 50 per cent capacity.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
These mercenaries are smart.Come to high salary,jump the queue.Come to vaccine jabs,jump behind the queue.
We demand a TV broadcast of the pap ministers taking their jabs with the standard brand of vaccines given to ordinary citizens.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am being dead serious here :

I want our PM to arrange a live television broadcast of every minister and himself getting their vaccination. And to show the brand of vaccine each is getting.

I’m dead serious here, do you trust them to vaccinate themselves live on TV? could be a placebo in that syringe you know?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I’m dead serious here, do you trust them to vaccinate themselves live on TV? could be a placebo in that syringe you know?
Must see the vaccine label clearly. Better still, get Dr TCB to verify and administer the jabs!:biggrin: