• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Useful info for all the old farts in this forum

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

New surgery solves common men's issue, without affecting sex life
30 Aug, 2018 12:03pm
4 minutes to read
D7QIDMDDSNGC5GZWIPBTNPFG2Q.jpg

Surgeon Jim Duthie gets guidance from Henry Woo via Skype during a new surgical procedure, the Urolift Photograph by John Borren
23ed796f-4e3f-4801-b71e-0f4fdd7b124e.png

By: Annemarie Quill

Annemarie is the magazines editor at the Bay of Plenty Times
[email protected] @ Bay_Times

Tauranga is the first place in New Zealand to perform innovative surgery to treat the most common male health problem, while still preserving sexual function.
This week, 63-year-old Ōmokoroa man Ed Davies was the first in New Zealand to have groundbreaking prostate surgery known as the Urolift technique.
In a world first, his Tauranga surgeon was mentored during surgery over Skype by the world expert in Urolift surgery.

Tauranga urological surgeon Jim Duthie had not performed the procedure before, so in Grace Hospital theatre was assisted by a laptop, through which Australian surgeon Professor Henry Woo provided guidance from Sydney.

"It was good having a co-pilot," says Duthie, "but even though I have not actually done this before, it's well within my skill set".

Duthie's first Urolift patient, Davies, suffers from an enlarged prostate gland, medically known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), a condition in which the prostate enlarges as men get older.

Affecting more than one in three New Zealand men over the age of 50, and increasing with age, the condition causes urinary problems which Duthie describes as "typically poor flow, having trouble getting started, having to drop and run, and getting up in the middle of the night".

PQTHFWRXJFCEFPUPASE67BF2RM.jpg

New prostate surgery being carried out at Grace Hospital. Photograph by John Borren

Woo said the technique was a significant improvement in the treatment of BPH as it was minimally invasive with few side effects.

In a Urolift procedure, implants are inserted to relieve prostate obstruction and open the urethra directly without cutting, heating or removing prostate tissue.
"Previously, patients would require significant medication or general anaesthetic for surgery to remove or laser part of the prostate. These treatments could affect the quality of life, including sexual dysfunction such as erectile problems or inability to ejaculate."

Previous prostate surgery could mean a month off work, but the Urolift had minimal downtime, with no hospital stay and with patients back on their feet within days, said Woo.

Woo first started trialling the procedure in 2005 and received FDA (the US Food and Drug Administration) approval in 2013.

He said more than 70,000 procedures have been done around the world, but until now none had been done in New Zealand, where traditional invasive prostate surgeries are one of the most common types of surgery.

Unlike traditional surgery, Davies' surgery took around 15 minutes, and did not require a hospital stay or catheter.

Duthie said reducing operating time benefited the patient and meant more patients could be treated.

"It means treatment of the enlarged prostate more accessible, safer, quicker and easier for many men. It means they can be free of bothersome symptoms without side effects and minimal downtime."

Currently, the procedure would only be available privately and only through certain insurance companies, but Duthie said that it was a one-off treatment which was actually similar in cost to other treatments, plus with fewer costs incurred from theatre time, overnight stay and related nursing costs.

Davies said he was thrilled to be the first in the country to receive the treatment and was looking forward to being symptom-free, and without having to take medication for the rest of his life. He was not fazed by the fact the guiding surgeon was on Skype.

"I looked him up on YouTube myself... what a way to learn, it is magic."

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a common condition affecting 40 per cent of men aged 50, and increasing with age.

Complications include urinary tract infections and bladder stones, as well as kidney and bladder damage.

The Urolift uses a scope through the urethra to implant medical staples into the prostate which hold swollen tissue out of the way, allowing urine to flow properly and decreasing irritability, frequency and urgency.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
although prostate cancer is one of the main killers of god's gift to females and mankind, i thought that topic covered the release of my cpf - literally potong-steam for the local ol'farts :frown:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait for boss sam to be guinea pig first.... but maybe he will also need surgeon hand of Zorro Lim to upcock the downcock in case the surgery fail

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Interesting. So the bigger the prostate, the better the dick works, right?

If the prostate is enlarged it causes all sorts of problems https://www.webmd.com/men/prostate-enlargement-bph/features/enlarged-prostate-bph-complex-problem#2

Symptoms of enlarged prostate can include:

• A weak or slow urinary stream
  • A feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
  • Difficulty starting urination
  • Frequent urination
  • Urgency to urinate
  • Getting up frequently at night to urinate
  • A urinary stream that starts and stops
  • Straining to urinate
  • Continued dribbling of urine
  • Returning to urinate again minutes after finishing

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take one cockless zorro to do sam's cock.

Laugh die me.

dotard died from prostate cancer and went to hell and met the devil.

"haiz, very honor to have you here and I'm not sure what to do," says the devil. "You're on my wishlist but I have no top room for you as we are fully booked. As you definitely have to stay here, I'm going to have to let someone else go. I've got three folks here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let you decide who leaves."

Dotard thought that sounds pretty good, so he agreed.

The devil opened the first room. In it were Pol Pot and a large pool of hot water. He kept diving in and climbing out, over and over. Such was his fate in hell. "No!" Dotard said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer and don't think I could stay in hot water all day."

The devil led him to the next room. In it was Saddam Hussien with a sledge hammer and a room full of rocks. All he did was swing the hammer, time after time. "No!" I've got this problem with my shoulder. I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day." lament Dotard

The devil opened a third door. In it, Dotard saw Bill Clinton lying on the floor with his arms staked over his head, and his legs staked in a spread-eagle pose. Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best.

Dotard got a stiff from the action and finally said, "Yeah, I can handle this."

The devil smiled and said, "Ok, Monica, you're free to go!"

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If the prostate is enlarged it causes all sorts of problems https://www.webmd.com/men/prostate-enlargement-bph/features/enlarged-prostate-bph-complex-problem#2

Symptoms of enlarged prostate can include:

• A weak or slow urinary stream
  • A feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
  • Difficulty starting urination
  • Frequent urination
  • Urgency to urinate
  • Getting up frequently at night to urinate
  • A urinary stream that starts and stops
  • Straining to urinate
  • Continued dribbling of urine
  • Returning to urinate again minutes after finishing
Based on the symptoms, it appears that all the old farts I know, including myself have enlarged prostates. We can't shoot piss like a fireman's hose anymore........

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Based on the symptoms, it appears that all the old farts I know, including myself have enlarged prostates. We can't shoot piss like a fireman's hose anymore........

I think everybody is affected to a certain degree. Whether or not treatment is required all depends upon how bad the symptoms get.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I think everybody is affected to a certain degree. Whether or not treatment is required all depends upon how bad the symptoms get.
An older American buddy of mine uses Saw Palmetto in tablet/capsule form and he swears by it. He reckons his prostate is tight and small because of it.

Saw palmetto berries
An extract from the saw palmetto berries may be turned into a liquid, a tea, or a tablet.

Some people take saw palmetto to manage benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland.

The prostate is a small walnut-shaped gland in the male reproductive system. As a man ages and his testosterone levels decrease, it is quite common for the prostate gland to increase in size.

Some men may experience BPH, where the prostate becomes larger than it should. When this happens, the prostate can put pressure on the urethra, causing discomfort and other symptoms. These include:

frequent urination
problems starting or maintaining urination
the need to get up in the night to urinate

Because saw palmetto is believed to boost testosterone levels, men with BPH may try taking saw palmetto because they think it will shrink the prostate and relieve urinary symptoms.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
An older American buddy of mine uses Saw Palmetto in tablet/capsule form and he swears by it. He reckons his prostate is tight and small because of it.

Saw palmetto berries
An extract from the saw palmetto berries may be turned into a liquid, a tea, or a tablet.

Some people take saw palmetto to manage benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland.

The prostate is a small walnut-shaped gland in the male reproductive system. As a man ages and his testosterone levels decrease, it is quite common for the prostate gland to increase in size.

Some men may experience BPH, where the prostate becomes larger than it should. When this happens, the prostate can put pressure on the urethra, causing discomfort and other symptoms. These include:

frequent urination
problems starting or maintaining urination
the need to get up in the night to urinate

Because saw palmetto is believed to boost testosterone levels, men with BPH may try taking saw palmetto because they think it will shrink the prostate and relieve urinary symptoms.

I have never taken anything specifically to prevent BHP but luckily I have no prostate issues at the moment. I attribute it to genetics because when my dad died at 87 he was still peeing like a horse the day before he left us.

Had I been taking some "prostate health" concoction I too might have given credit to what I had been taking.

Therein lies the problem when it comes to health supplements. Unless a proper double blind study is done it's all conjecture.