• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [USD/SGD] Since the start of this year (2020), the SGD has finally lost 6.9% of its value against the USD!

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• USDSGD-18march2020.png
    USDSGD-18march2020.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,209

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr 69 and his “emphathizer” probably has lots of USD accumulated from years of working in Sillycon valley. Must be happy like fuck! Holidays in SG and just about everywhere outside US will be much cheaper. I too have lots of USD or equivalent. More than 69x69x69, so just as happy.

This what uncle Rogers said in 2016:

"I own a lot of US dollars, though," he added. "Not because it's a safe haven, but because people think it's a safe haven. And when the world falls apart, people will put their money into the dollar. That's going to mean the dollar's going to go up."

In turn, the dollar's increase is going to hurt a lot of other currencies, Rogers said, including the euro, the UK pound, and the Chinese currency.

https://jimroger.blogspot.com/2016/09/jim-rogers-im-not-only-person-who-knows.html

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr 69 and his “emphathizer” probably has lots of USD accumulated from years of working in Sillycon valley. Must be happy like fuck! Holidays in SG and just about everywhere outside US will be much cheaper. I too have lots of USD or equivalent. More than 69x69x69, so just as happy.

This what uncle Rogers said in 2016:

"I own a lot of US dollars, though," he added. "Not because it's a safe haven, but because people think it's a safe haven. And when the world falls apart, people will put their money into the dollar. That's going to mean the dollar's going to go up."

In turn, the dollar's increase is going to hurt a lot of other currencies, Rogers said, including the euro, the UK pound, and the Chinese currency.

https://jimroger.blogspot.com/2016/09/jim-rogers-im-not-only-person-who-knows.html
wah luckily in 6.9 seconds of decision making more than $699 worth of stocks, mutual funds, and index funds were converted to cash last year. it’s sitting idle as cash, next to other cash piles that have been collecting pitiful roi sitting around 6.9-month cds. now on hindsight letting them collect pittance on cds is the right thing to do.

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah luckily in 6.9 seconds of decision making more than $699 worth of stocks, mutual funds, and index funds were converted to cash last year. it’s sitting idle as cash, next to other cash piles that have been collecting pitiful roi sitting around 6.9-month cds. now on hindsight letting them collect pittance on cds is the right thing to do.
Dear @eatshitndie, many thanks for finally gracing my humble thread!
bow-gif.40441
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes but the SGD has gained against the NZD so you can take advantage of that.
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=NZD&to=SGD&view=1M
Singaporeans are allowed to buy property in NZ without any restrictions so now is the time to convert your funds and get into the NZ property market.
Dear @Leongsam, many thanks again for gracing another humble thread of mine!
bow-gif.40441

As for buying "property in NZ without any restrictions", may I ask you to recommend a few precise neighbourhoods or, even better, the precise neighbourhood in which you are living now? :tongue:
redface-gif.40438

By the way, exactly two weeks ago, you said:
sammyboy.com/posts/3060794
My purchase price has averaged out to $2.12 for $80,000 worth of shares.
It'll be back to $3.00 sooner or later and then I'll start selling $5000 worth at a time.
Timing is not really important. 6 months or 18 months does not make much difference to me. Whatever happens it's better than 2.8% per annum in a term deposit.
Dividend yield historically has been above 7% so even if I was stuck with the shares for a bit longer I'd still be getting a decent return.

screenshot-2020-03-07-18-02-33-png.72960
Yesterday, it crashed by nearly half (to NZD 0.84) from the last closing price last week (NZD 1.54) before rallying about 30% to roughly NZD 1.10 and finally closing at NZD 0.99:
finance.yahoo.com/chart/AIR.NZ

so do you still think that it will "be back to $3.00 sooner or later"? :unsure:

Attachments

• AIRNZ-20march2020.png
    AIRNZ-20march2020.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 470

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Dear @Leongsam, many thanks again for gracing another humble thread of mine!
bow-gif.40441

As for buying "property in NZ without any restrictions", may I ask you to recommend a few precise neighbourhoods or, even better, the precise neighbourhood in which you are living now? :tongue:
redface-gif.40438

By the way, exactly two weeks ago, you said:
sammyboy.com/posts/3060794

Yesterday, it crashed by nearly half (to NZD 0.84) from the last closing price last week (NZD 1.54) before rallying about 30% to roughly NZD 1.10 and finally closing at NZD 0.99:
finance.yahoo.com/chart/AIR.NZ

so do you still think that it will "be back to $3.00 sooner or later"? :unsure:

I honestly don't know. Who can read the future?

However take note that I buy shares for investment. I am not a trader. When does not really matter as long as I'm still alive and able to enjoy the returns when they do come.

Based upon my previous experiences I've been able to take a good profit within 18 months. By "good" I mean way better than putting the money in a term deposit.

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I honestly don't know. Who can read the future?
Many thanks for replying again! :smile:

However take note that I buy shares for investment. I am not a trader. When does not really matter as long as I'm still alive and able to enjoy the returns when they do come.
Did you mean IF "they do come"? :unsure:
redface-gif.40438

Based upon my previous experiences I've been able to take a good profit within 18 months. By "good" I mean way better than putting the money in a term deposit.
Unless I'm mistaken, that's probably because of the very long 11-year bull market run in Western stock markets since 2009, which ended last week on:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_stock_market_crash#10–11 March
so we are now in a:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_market
which can last for many months more than "18 months", depending on how long the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/The_powers_that_be
want this:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20 coronavirus pandemic
to last, i.e. just as any government in the world can cover up the true numbers by publishing much smaller numbers if the true numbers are much bigger, it can also do the opposite by publishing much bigger numbers if the true numbers are much smaller, right? :wink:

In my opinion, although I know I might be wrong, I strongly suspect that the "powers that be" (i.e. the "elite" members of the upper class around the world, especially those in Europe, North America and Japan) want this "coronavirus pandemic" to last for as long as possible because they want to try their best to make the world a better place for their descendants to live in by significantly (or even drastically) reducing both:

1. the amount of carbon dioxide produced in the world (especially the carbon dioxide produced by China's factories) everyday;

2. and the human population of the world:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_reduction
wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_decline
mainly by significantly (or even drastically) reducing the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_fertility_rate
of fertile women (especially those in their 20s and 30s) by strongly discouraging the vast majority of them from getting married and producing children.
And the two fundamental ways to discourage them is by:
(1) bribing them with many different kinds of earthly pleasures that they can enjoy only if they remain unmarried and childless;
(2) and terrifying them with many different prospects of hardships (such as the current "coronavirus pandemic") that they and their children would have to suffer for many years! :eek:

Reducing the population by physically fighting and murdering in a physical military war is actually much more difficult and much riskier for the "powers that be"; furthermore, the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-World_War_II_baby_boom
worldometers.info/world-population/world-population-by-year
has proven that after any war has ended, there is a very high chance that the total number of births will exceed the total number of deaths every year for nearly all countries, simply because most young men and women will be overly optimistic/confident/delusional that peace will continue forever, which is why they are motivated to marry and produce children and even pressure their own children to produce children, eventually resulting in:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation
:thumbsdown:

Therefore, since everyone has to die one day (most probably before their 96th birthday), I strongly suspect that the "powers that be" very much prefer to focus on decreasing the number of births every year rather than wasting their time and energy trying to increase the number of deaths. :wink:

Finally, just in case you forgot about my first question:
redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too have lots of USD or equivalent. More than 69x69x69, so just as happy.
Dear @Asterix, many belated thanks for letting us know that you "have lots of USD or equivalent. More than 69x69x69"! :tongue:
May I ask, did you mean your net worth is also equivalent to "69x69x69" USD? :unsure:
Anyway, although I know I might be wrong, I suspect that our dear @eatshitndie's net worth is at least 6.9 times that amount!
bow-gif.40441
redface-gif.40438