• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[USA] - Furious nurse scolds Singaporean woman patient, until she reveals she's a medical doctor

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Upsurge

Tam Wai Jia is an incredibly accomplished individual.
She is a medical doctor, an author, a painter, a humanitarian philanthropist, and has even made it to the Forbes 30 under 30 list.
But what if she had done none of that? That essentially was what went through her head when she went for an ultrasound at a hospital (in the US).

Her visit to the hospital was immediately punctuated by administrative issues. Namely, whether she needed one form or two forms.
“As I stood my ground, the lady across the counter became increasingly annoyed, saying once again, ‘You need to have the other forms.’”
‘No, I’m only here for the ultrasound to see my baby,’ I said. ‘So I’ve only got one form.’
As her voice got louder, and her tone, more irritated, I explained myself, ‘I don’t want the blood tests, I’ve chosen not to do them.’
She frowned, rolled her eyes and then tsk-tsked at me. In one moment, I felt thoroughly uneducated.

“By this time, a belligerent, matronly lady who looked like her supervisor had trudged up to me, her sleeves rolled up and her arms folded.

As she towered over me, a little Asian mom in her shorts and lululemons stained with my toddler’s yoghurt handprints, with little Sarah-Faith trailing behind me, a loud, dragon-like bellow echoed through the waiting hall, ‘Look lady, you gotta have ALL the forms okay? You understand me?'”

“’Yes, I do understand,’ I said quietly, a little intimidated and embarrassed, with pressure behind my eyes.

With my face flushed, I half-whispered to the hulking supervisor nurse, ‘I’m a medical doctor. I understand these tests and their implications very well. But that’s exactly why I only want the ultrasound, and not the blood tests.'”

‘Immediately, both sets of eyes fell onto the desk. Within a second, the air, fraught with tension, had dissolved into a furious typing and scribbling. ‘You’re next.'”

Full Article :
https://mothership.sg/2018/12/tam-wai-jia-success-singapore/

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN on the other hand if kopi uncle always use lots of acronyms and abbreviations on medical terms the nurse or even docs thought my uncle is a medical professionals KNN eg fuo , ppi, etc KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am happy and salute her for her accomplishments. Because she obviously can't rely on her looks. Sorry, I am feeling superficial today. :biggrin:

0x600.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What a silly lady. Backside itchy move abroad. Why not stay Singapore and get rich? :rolleyes:

Yes I agree with you. I also backside itchy moved to 3rd world country some more now regretting everyday. Things are now so bad that I have to go for regular therapy and very often don’t even want to wake up from the jacuzzi.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I agree with you. I also backside itchy moved to 3rd world country some more now regretting everyday. Things are now so bad that I have to go for regular therapy and very often don’t even want to wake up from the jacuzzi.

Yeah. And the kind of food you get to eat gives you too much happiness. Happiness is bad for you ...makes you live too long.
Please, for your own sake, move back to sinkapore. Join us in our support of the PAP.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN mai hiam liao lo wait get one mdm wong type you will take back your statement KNN
cannot take back, as after going black, one has to go forward and look for seconds :cool:
act humble in the article. but in reality yaya elite type. cheebye lulumons are fucking ex yoga pants
oh fuck me dead, i thought the cheebye lulumons are part of the mons pubis that got stained from her kid feeding from it :redface:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With angmos, you have to put them in their place. They condescend towards Asians but sucks up to South Asians. I think it is because the latter knows how to bs while Chinese tend to comply.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she is a medical doctor...then maybe she should do her own ultrasound.

What was her point on this article?