• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious URGENT Help Needed For Basin Faucet Tap.......Mine Spoilt Completely !!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i want to know whether expensive taps can last for 10yrs to 20 yrs?
sure?

In my old home never had a tap break & in the old days taps didn't cost a lot. Had a shower faucet that needed to be replace but it was 20+ years & it was being used heavily by everyone in my family.

The only maintenance a tap needs is the replacement of a rubber washer. Nowadays the newer designs don't even use a rubber washer.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle dog is my god
please read this
https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Sing...UTF8&qid=1488868447&sr=8-2&keywords=grohe+tap

Classic II Single-Handle Pillar Tap Water Faucet

Price: $75.11 + FREE Shipping to Singapore on orders over $125.00 Details
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way).
This item ships to Singapore, Singapore. Want it Monday, March 13? Order within 12 hrs 39 mins and choose AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping at checkout. Learn more
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HOW MANY years can the cartridges last? do you know how to change it by yourself? how much is the cartridge?

i just found one affordable brand...............Innovare...........supposedly made in Italy.......using ceramic cartridges.........$49 at Self-Fix..........the packaging says can open + close 500,000 cycles.............so if i open/close 50 cycles a day.............can last 27 years.............:biggrin:

i no know how to change myself.................

i called Grohe dealer about the replacement ceramic cartridge............$150..........typical Sinkie style of doing business...........:biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle dog is my god
please read this
https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Sing...UTF8&qid=1488868447&sr=8-2&keywords=grohe+tap

Classic II Single-Handle Pillar Tap Water Faucet

Price: $75.11 + FREE Shipping to Singapore on orders over $125.00 Details
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way).
This item ships to Singapore, Singapore. Want it Monday, March 13? Order within 12 hrs 39 mins and choose AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping at checkout. Learn more
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

many many thanks for the info.................but i'm looking for basin sink lah...............

the Grohe taps i'm looking at all seems to have short ''spouts''.........so if i wash hands.......hands will keep hitting the basin.........:(

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just found one affordable brand...............Innovare...........supposedly made in Italy.......using ceramic cartridges.........$49 at Self-Fix..........the packaging says can open + close 500,000 cycles.............so if i open/close 50 cycles a day.............can last 27 years.............:biggrin:

i no know how to change myself.................

i called Grohe dealer about the replacement ceramic cartridge............$150..........typical Sinkie style of doing business...........:biggrin:

ok..............just fount out that Innovare is a Mudder-Farking Sinkie brand...............only the cartridges are made in Italy............but they try to fool buyers into thinking the whole tap is made there..........

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok..............just fount out that Innovare is a Mudder-Farking Sinkie brand...............only the cartridges are made in Italy............but they try to fool buyers into thinking the whole tap is made there..........

just bought and installed one of these Mudder-Farking Innovare taps.............$75 for S'pore-branded, made in Taiwan tap...........