• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unpleasant Experience on 9th July 2010

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got this from an email which I think should be shared

To: [email protected]
Subject: Unpleasant Experience on 9th July 2010
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:51:32 +0800

On 9th July 2010, I was having dinner with 3 other friends at around 8.00pm.

Initially, we were quite happy with the service because we just have to wait for about 5mins before we got our seats. However, it turned out to be an unpleasant night for all of us.

We were given a seat without a backing. After a day's work, we wanted to have a seat that allows us to lean back and relax. We saw an empty table and asked a staff if we could change to that seat. He looked lost when he heard our request and was moving slowly to check with another staff. During this time, that table was already occupied by another group of customers.

It is obvious that your restaurant was very packed and empty seats get taken up quickly. It’s understandable if we couldn’t get the seat. However, there is not excuse for your staff to be unsure of what to do and to react so slowly.

Initially we wanted to request for a chair that my friend could lean back because her back was aching. But your staff told us that she do not have any chairs available without checking around. We spotted a chair and requested for it. She didn’t want us to have that because it was broken. In the end, we didn’t mind it because we needed an extra chair to put our bags since you do not have any extra chairs for us.

When your staff served our food, one of your staff left your tray on our bags so that she could help her colleague with the rest of our food! It is common knowledge not to leave anything on your customers’ belonging. Who is going to bare the responsibility if our bags are dirtied?

It is interesting to have a wireless self-ordering system but this gave us some problems. It seems that the pen was having some difficulty sensing when we tap on the menu. When we reviewed our order, we couldn’t hear our orders clearly as the whole place was very noisy. We assumed that we got the right order.

A staff came with a slip of paper with our order. He just clipped the paper on our clipboard and left. We only realised when we felt someone touching some things on our table. By the time we turned to see what he was doing, he left the clipboard on our table and left. I checked the slip of paper and realised we made a wrong order. Quickly, we called the staff to cancel our order. Again, the staff strolled slowly to our table. By the time we completed our sentences, the food that we have ordered wrongly came. We wanted to reject the food but the staff insisted that we have to accept it because it’s already out of the kitchen. The tone that your staff used was like they are blaming us for making the wrong order. She said, “didn’t you reviewed your order with the pen?” We didn’t want to accept that food because it will be too much food for us. I asked how they can help us to solve the problem but your staff kept saying that we have to accept it because it was already out of the kitchen.

In the end, the manager came to us. He mentioned the same thing as what his staff had said. He mentioned that when his staff clipped the paper on our clipboard he will confirm our order. This made us very mad and we started talking a little louder. He said he will check with his staff. After a while, he came back and took our wrong order back.

It’s good to have a system that doesn’t require human contact but it also gave us inconveniences. Moreover, shouldn’t your staff help us solve our problem instead of blaming us and the others who did not do their job well? We are not interested to know what your staff has not done. We only want to have our food.

When we were settling our bill at the cashier, we stood together at first because the exit was blocked by other guests. When it was cleared, we waited outside while my friend settled our bill. When we were out, my friend said the cashier told her, “only the person that is paying needs to stay in the queue. The rest have to get out.” We were very offended with the words “get out”.

When the cashier retrieved our bill, she asked us to pay $60++ without confirming with us what we have ordered. We insisted that we wanted to see the bill before we make our payment. When she printed out, we realised our wrong order was still charged to us. We told her we didn’t have that but the cashier insisted that it’s in our bill. We got very irritated because we have to tell her our story again. The cashier said it was already served to us because it was not cancelled and she started saying the things we heard when we received the wrong order. This irritated us further as we insisted that we are not going to pay for something that we have not eaten. Quickly, another cashier cancelled that wrong order and presented us with the right bill.

Although the ambience and food was very good, I would think twice if I’m ever going back to patronise your restaurant again after so many unpleasant incidents happening in one night. Your staff should be trained with the basic knowledge never to blame your customers. Not only that, it is not wise to show your internal mistakes and start blaming your own staff for not following your standard operating procedure, especially for a manager.

We hope you can look into this matter and provide us with an explanation for our experiences.

Regards,

(name removed)

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
the way she put it i thought she was dining in some fine dining restuarant, demanding this and that. but when i see the bill its only 60 dollars....she think the waiter really very free to entertain all her silly demands without taking care of others.

if she wants such high standard service, go for higher end place to dine and not a common and crowded cafe. she might as well go to a Mac and demand the beef in her burger to be middle.i have the feeling is that the wrong order issue got to do with her not knowing the system there well. i bet the situation is this waiter repeat the order and suck up fucker like her is just busy talking to her friends and acknowledge blindly.

anyway its just a few dollar issue make such a big fuss and even type an essay for it. no money to dine in fine dining demand fine dining standard in common cafe. where the fuck is her common sense.

jw5

Loyal
TS
Not sure why you wanted to share this, but to be frank, I got tired of the whining after the 4th paragraph.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think TS is in the management team of the restuarant. you should post out her email so that we can find out how she looks like in facebook

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also had very bad experience with this vampire ever since Singapore Independence since 9th August 1965.

This LKY and famiLEE abused the whole Singaporeans and ran our country like their own mafia. They behaved like gangsters and do with they want with us Singaporeans. He gave high and important positions to his own relatives and famiLEE, and ran our country like a piece of shit.

Bloody corrupted to the core and shameless creatures. Doing everything to their own famiLEE benefits but kept telling us it is the benefits of Singaporeans.

Fuck you chow chee bye famiLEE and their relatives.

Totally corrupted and shameless lizards!

Fuck them big time!!!

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: