• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unnecessary planting of lots of new trees is the new East Coast Plan?

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tinyurI.com/yx94ad7t

zFPQoSg.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Every tree I see that was transplanted, I see a potential car crusher and a people killer. Is this the govt's way of curbing vehicular traffic and culling sinkies?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They've ruined East Coast Park. Many parts of the path (with iconic big yellow footprints) have been plastered over by cement. Zero for effort.

Big Splash in Zone B is still fenced up and vacant.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw that last year when i was walking along siglap linear park. there was no rationale to how the bangla workers were spacing the young trees. some trees need a radius of 6.9 feet in separation while bigger ones require at least a radius of 6.9 yards. trees were planted staggered like in the image, barely 3.69 feet apart. when they grow to full size, not only will their branches intertwine, their roots will collide and create balance and stability issues. the canopies of these trees will also collide and intertwine. the trees will becum hazards when they are too close together. there was no supervision nor a qualified arborist to ensure trees are properly planted. some were planted too close to longkang. there were no root barriers nor weed barriers nor plumbing in the roots to allow aeration. roots will either grow to crack the pavement or penetrate the concrete seams in the longkang. these workers just anyhow humtum.
1603245551917.png

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my core area being forestry , hence very familiar with the tropical forest as well as many other commercial and cash crops , and my personal interest in horticulture , seri culture and Asian herbs ...and I had physically noticed our national park fucking it up

once when I saw our NP boys doing some inspection of trees and I went to up them and ask do you know what species in this ? And they went blank , such is our park experts expertise

my biggest grouse is lack of fruiting trees in our street ,our NP grows trees that shed the least but they keep nature away , and I did saw our NP trying to revive nature by planting fruit bearing trees around Punggol Park vicinity hoping to attract birds and bees but I noticed the soil condition unsuitable , but Mango trees grown along Hougang seems thriving

during my walks , especially in the older estates such as Bukit Merah , I came across some unique and wonderful fruiting trees , hope NS preserve them..one such variety is the African Mahogany ,botanical Khaya anthotheca...it can very huge and it’s timber very expensive but I saw how it been cut into 2 meter pieces and discarded ...and even some of the herbal plant unknowingly destroyed too ..once I saw a herbal plant , name I forgot , that converts extra sugar in your body to vitamin c , destroyed entirely to plant Papaya !!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw that last year when i was walking along siglap linear park. there was no rationale to how the bangla workers were spacing the young trees. some trees need a radius of 6.9 feet in separation while bigger ones require at least a radius of 6.9 yards. trees were planted staggered like in the image, barely 3.69 feet apart. when they grow to full size, not only will their branches intertwine, their roots will collide and create balance and stability issues. the canopies of these trees will also collide and intertwine. the trees will becum hazards when they are too close together. there was no supervision nor a qualified arborist to ensure trees are properly planted. some were planted too close to longkang. there were no root barriers nor weed barriers nor plumbing in the roots to allow aeration. roots will either grow to crack the pavement or penetrate the concrete seams in the longkang. these workers just anyhow humtum.
View attachment 93824

Anyhow humtum also can, so long as Sinkieland is a green city. :thumbsup:

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aljunied park has Mangosteen tree....the only resident that will enjoy this park are those living at "Happy Ave"

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyhow humtum also can, so long as Sinkieland is a green city. :thumbsup:
NP is not so stupid as to anyhow hantum , they certainly know the very basic such as maintains certain radius between trees , but that depends on the species of rooting system ...some tree species roots grow directly straight below and these trees will die the moment you uproot them , so trees with wider spread of roots are the ones that can be uprooted and replanted

if you had seen how padi is grown you would know first the seeds are anyhow thrown and grown in nursery stage than replanted into fields with spaces in between

likewise certain species of trees to , up to 2 to 3 years the radius for roots does not matter ... what matters is steady growth and not stunted growth