• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Universal Studios S'pore will be one of world's best

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP always brag and brag and brag...

Very fucking irritating...

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/Story/A1Story20090606-146583.html

Sat, Jun 06, 2009
my paper

20090606.101606_20090506-myp-unvstudio-a.jpg

by Chen Jingting

MISTER Stefan Zwanzger has one of the most enviable pastimes in the world.

The German travels around the globe rating theme parks in different countries.

Calling himself "The Theme Park Guy", Mr Zwanzger was here recently to visit Universal Studios Singapore, which is still under construction on Sentosa and due to open next year.

How does it rate? He gave it full marks for being the "most amazing theme-park construction area for the time being".

Since October 2007, Mr Zwanzger has rated about 60 theme parks in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

He told my paper in a phone interview from the Philippines: "I think Singapore will have one of the best theme parks in the world next year. Universal Studios Singapore will be absolutely incredible and it will create a lot of theme-park addicts here."

For the 29-year-old, who had dreamt of having his own theme park since he was 10, visiting a theme park is like going to the movies.

He said that technological advancements have made it possible for rides to have "storytelling abilities".

"Now, rides do not just go up and down, left and right. Rides have climaxes - they can start and stop and accelerate again. There are so many possibilities nowadays."

His favourite parks so far are Universal Studios Japan and Disney Sea Japan because of their high-tech rides and well-designed layout.

Mr Zwanzger paid for his trips using what he earned from heading an affiliate marketing company for eight years before he embarked on "The Theme Park Guy" project, which he started because he was "absolutely passionate" about theme parks.

"Theme parks are like little villages of happiness. No cars, no traffic, no rush hours, no pickpockets - a big pedestrian zone, where everyone smiles and the whole diversity of human emotions is present."

The theme-park enthusiast would post his ratings and photographs of places he visited on his website. He has not received any complaint about his ratings, though he expects some to disagree with his reviews.

When asked what he thought makes him qualified to rate theme parks, Mr Zwanzger answered simply: "I love them.

"I don't see myself as a reviewer. A reviewer is someone who's very critical. I'm just a big fan who dares to tell people exactly what he thinks."

[email protected]

STEFAN ZWANZGER'S TOP CHOICES

Universal Studios Japan
Rating: 5/5
Attractions:

Back To The Future - The Ride: Doc Brown and his rival Biff Tannen chase each other through various times and dimensions.
Jaws: Several encounters with the shark make this boat ride a real shocker!
Disney Sea Japan
Attractions:

Mount Prometheus: Walk into a natural-looking volcano and find a Jules Verne dream island.
Indiana Jones Adventure - Temple Of The Crystal Skull: Travel in an "Enhanced Motion Vehicle" through a bug- and snake-infested temple.
Universal Studios Singapore
Attractions:

Revenge Of The Mummy roller coaster
Battlestar Galactica duelling roller coaster Jurassic Park riverrapids ride
Waterworld show stadium

For more my paper stories click here.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my foreign friend like to visit singapore because of geylang and orchard towers. i dun think he will go to universal studios.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is staffed by PRC, Burmese and Pinoy, I am sure it will be a wonderful destination

If it is staffed by loser whining Singaporeans, no way it can succeed

Scene at shopping mall:

Shopper can't find item on shelf.

Local staff: All there, Have means have, don't have means don't have. (Chats with another local and complain complain)

Pinoy staff: Sorry sir, I'll see if we have any in stock. If there isn't would you like me to check with our branch in Bugis?

PRC staff: Sorry sir, we seem to have run out of stock., May I recommend you this instead?

Hope the government imports another 500,000 FT this year, dilute away all the useless ah gua Singaporean graduates

jeckie1970

Alfrescian
Loyal
and freakin hot as hell too.

HOT???
READ this :-

In the making : Region’s coolest mega theme park

Local firms Etha Engineering Pte Ltd and PRIMA Research & Technologies Pte Ltd have joined hands with Resorts World at Sentosa (RWS) to up the island’s cool factor.

Singapore’s hot and humid climate will not deter visitors from enjoying outdoor rides at the upcoming Universal
Studios nor dining alfresco at the outdoor areas within the whopping 49-hectare RWS.

Everyone who visits RWS when it opens in early 2010 will enjoy a cool and dry climate, round-the-clock, all year round — all thanks to a solar-powered eco-cooling system designed to continually keep outdoor temperatures at a comfortable 25°C.

In addition to tapping solar power, the system leverages on evaporative technology to remove latent heat from the air, a secondary process to extract moisture from the damp and cool air, as well as a three-layer canopy to control the amount of sunlight entering outdoor areas.

Mr Michael Chin, RWS’ Executive Vice President of Projects, is pleased to partner dynamic local firms to make RWS the coolest leisure destination of its kind in Southeast Asia.

“We want our visitors to enjoy themselves in comfort,” he said.

“The eco-cooling system is the only such outdoor cooling
system in the world. No other theme park has such a device in place.”

PRIMA (front), Etha Engineering (middle) and RWS have
teamed up to develop a solar-powered eco-cooling system
that can keep visitors at Resorts World at Sentosa cool and
comfortable throughout their stay.

Going green also makes business sense, he pointed out. The system is expected to be 40% cheaper to operate and
maintain compared to using air-conditioners for all the outdoor areas.

This environmental industry collaboration is supported by SPRING Singapore’s Enviro-Tech Capability Development
Programme.

The system took six months to develop and is now undergoing testing.

To validate the test results, the companies turned to the Environmental and Water Technology Centre of Innovation
(EWT COI) at Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

Excited about the long term prospects of the eco-cooling system, Mr Chin said, “It’s a great breakthrough for Singapore. Once it is marketed, it can put Singapore on the world map. We would revolutionise the way outdoor
areas are cooled, and do it economically.”

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with bragging.

Singapore Universal Studios will be the best in the world as long as it
remains the newest.

I am sure the next one will be better than Singpoare. etc. etc.

PAP always brag and brag and brag...

Very fucking irritating...

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/Story/A1Story20090606-146583.html

Sat, Jun 06, 2009
my paper

20090606.101606_20090506-myp-unvstudio-a.jpg

by Chen Jingting

MISTER Stefan Zwanzger has one of the most enviable pastimes in the world.

The German travels around the globe rating theme parks in different countries.

Calling himself "The Theme Park Guy", Mr Zwanzger was here recently to visit Universal Studios Singapore, which is still under construction on Sentosa and due to open next year.

How does it rate? He gave it full marks for being the "most amazing theme-park construction area for the time being".

Since October 2007, Mr Zwanzger has rated about 60 theme parks in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

He told my paper in a phone interview from the Philippines: "I think Singapore will have one of the best theme parks in the world next year. Universal Studios Singapore will be absolutely incredible and it will create a lot of theme-park addicts here."

For the 29-year-old, who had dreamt of having his own theme park since he was 10, visiting a theme park is like going to the movies.

He said that technological advancements have made it possible for rides to have "storytelling abilities".

"Now, rides do not just go up and down, left and right. Rides have climaxes - they can start and stop and accelerate again. There are so many possibilities nowadays."

His favourite parks so far are Universal Studios Japan and Disney Sea Japan because of their high-tech rides and well-designed layout.

Mr Zwanzger paid for his trips using what he earned from heading an affiliate marketing company for eight years before he embarked on "The Theme Park Guy" project, which he started because he was "absolutely passionate" about theme parks.

"Theme parks are like little villages of happiness. No cars, no traffic, no rush hours, no pickpockets - a big pedestrian zone, where everyone smiles and the whole diversity of human emotions is present."

The theme-park enthusiast would post his ratings and photographs of places he visited on his website. He has not received any complaint about his ratings, though he expects some to disagree with his reviews.

When asked what he thought makes him qualified to rate theme parks, Mr Zwanzger answered simply: "I love them.

"I don't see myself as a reviewer. A reviewer is someone who's very critical. I'm just a big fan who dares to tell people exactly what he thinks."

[email protected]

STEFAN ZWANZGER'S TOP CHOICES

Universal Studios Japan
Attractions:

Back To The Future - The Ride: Doc Brown and his rival Biff Tannen chase each other through various times and dimensions.
Jaws: Several encounters with the shark make this boat ride a real shocker!
Disney Sea Japan
Attractions:

Mount Prometheus: Walk into a natural-looking volcano and find a Jules Verne dream island.
Indiana Jones Adventure - Temple Of The Crystal Skull: Travel in an "Enhanced Motion Vehicle" through a bug- and snake-infested temple.
Universal Studios Singapore
Attractions:

Revenge Of The Mummy roller coaster
Battlestar Galactica duelling roller coaster Jurassic Park riverrapids ride
Waterworld show stadium

For more my paper stories click here.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fail to see how it is the best when:

a. the weather is hot like fuck
b. the charges are yet unknown but I know it will be expensive like fuck.

I predict it will go down the way of Haw Par Villa and Tang Dynasty Village.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever been to Universal Studios? You go find a cheap one.

Want cheap, go to Wild wild wet lah.

b. the charges are yet unknown but I know it will be expensive like fuck.

I predict it will go down the way of Haw Par Villa and Tang Dynasty Village.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
my foreign friend like to visit singapore because of geylang and orchard towers. i dun think he will go to universal studios.

Once Sentosa IR is ready, Geylang and Orchard towers will close down - even the Pinoy and PRC mei mei also want a piece of action there. They are so excited and can't wait for it to be open.

May be these two places will be the playgounds of the Banglas and Ah Nehs and other foreign workers.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once Sentosa IR is ready, Geylang and Orchard towers will close down - even the Pinoy and PRC mei mei also want a piece of action there. They are so excited and can't wait for it to be open.

May be these two places will be the playgounds of the Banglas and Ah Nehs and other foreign workers.

what? what is the poodle doing ?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore well-known for Geylang all the world over !

People come for 60% Geylang and 10% others and 30% sleeping

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
b. the charges are yet unknown but I know it will be expensive like fuck..
Saw some PR news bit that park may have controlled environment to beat the humidity part.

Not that this will help on $$ charges. So you right on the button on 2nd part:p