• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Uni degree is not everything, What Would You Do If You Could Study All Over Again?

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: https://goo.gl/VlLyL9

What Would You Do If You Could Study All Over Again?

Screen-Shot-2016-03-14-at-1.19.19-pm.png

Singapore has always enjoyed a relatively low unemployment rate compared to other countries. We know this for a fact – in the recently released labour market advance report, Singapore’s unemployment rate is maintained at 1.9% in the 4th quarter of 2015. This is significantly lower than some other countries such as the United States (5.5% May 2015), Japan (3.1% November 2015), or Australia (5.8% December 2015)

While that’s the case, there are still reports of how Singaporeans are unable to find the jobs that they want. According to TODAY, even though a majority of graduates are able to find a job, some are underemployed, be it by choice or circumstance.

Read more here to find out what 15 Singaporeans say.

stress3.jpg

University degree is not everything – and it does not guarantee a job security. Don’t take it from us, but take it from those we spoke to, whom have walked down the road. If you are thinking of picking up your passion and skills again, ask yourself this: what’s stopping you today?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Uni degree is not everything, What Would You Do If You Could Study All Over Again

What would I do, if I could study all over again....& I think, many of my generation would have done the same, if given the opportunity, during my time, do not study in SINGAPORE. Go elsewhere, where you can study & grow & progress in which one is good at, not what, the society thinks or the government thinks you should do & end up being qualified in what you are never comfortable.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Uni degree is not everything, What Would You Do If You Could Study All Over Again

Seriously i will still study hard for a degree but after that I will find my means to be a pap doggie.

quelone

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would like to try my hand at pimping.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Given a chance to do it all over again, I would not have opted to be in Science Stream. Would have enjoyed my life better had I taken the Arts pathway. Parents may have good thoughts and all that, but they do not know what is inside you!

Cheers!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Given the chance to study again, I would have gone woo that next class chio bu, instead of letting her marry that chao David Ong lookalike botak.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I would move to a place where I can buy Playboy from a normal bookstore ........ more interesting than reading annual reports .........

[video=youtube;K6fhILvw3Fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6fhILvw3Fg[/video]

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hahaha good choice

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A uni degree is probably one of the main reasons of success for many people. Without a university degree, most people would not be lawyers, doctors, architects, programmers or even engineers. Not everyone is cut out to be their own boss, top sales person or chef.

If you despise the value of a university degree, put your money where your mouth is and don't send your kids to school or college.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What would I do, if I could study all over again....& I think, many of my generation would have done the same, if given the opportunity, during my time, do not study in SINGAPORE. Go elsewhere, where you can study & grow & progress in which one is good at, not what, the society thinks or the government thinks you should do & end up being qualified in what you are never comfortable.

I've gone elsewhere to study & I should have ignore what the PAP thinks was required of the "lesser mortals".

Heck if I had the choice again I would probably never have returned like so many of my other friends.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'll study harder and become a gynecologist