• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unemployed man angry with his predicament flips over a buffet dinner

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/0...h-his-predicament-flips-over-a-buffet-dinner/

An unemployed man got angry when he saw a party being held near his block. He flipped out, went over to the party and overturned 11 trays of food. The incident happened at the open area next to Block 546, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 at about 6.30pm on 2 Apr 2011.

The catering company, Stamford Catering, had just set up the buffet for travel consultant Anna Tan when the incident happened. She organized the party, which was attended by 70 guests, to celebrate the birthdays of her 2 children whose birthdays were 10 days apart.

After the trays were overturned, the floor was splattered with fried rice, curry chicken, vegetables, spring rolls, and other food items. The unemployed man tried to run away, but Mrs Tan’s husband and two workers from the catering company managed to prevent him from escaping. The police were called.

Mrs Tan described the man as medium-built and in his 40s. Mrs Tan said, “He did not panic at all, even when the police arrived.”

The man repeatedly asked if he had injured anyone.

Mrs Tan paid $460 for the buffet. Luckily for the Tan family, some kitchen staff were still around and were able to prepare another seven trays of food for them. The catering company was uncertain if they would bill Mrs Tan for the extra food.

The police have classified the case as mischief and are investigating.

The unemployed man later told Lianhe Wanbao that he had lost control when he saw the trays of food in the party as he had only a bowl of instant noodles for the whole day. He said, “I don’t know why I got angry or why I did that. I also didn’t know how the family will react if I apologized to them personally so I hope to do it through the papers.”

Mrs Tan had accepted his apology. “People might think that he did it because we offended him. So I’m glad he has clarified the matter,” she said.

Clearly, as more Singaporeans are being replaced by cheap foreigners and become unemployed, we are going to see more of such irrational acts in our society keeping our police busy.

Richard

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
The unemployed man later told Lianhe Wanbao that he had lost control when he saw the trays of food in the party as he had only a bowl of instant noodles for the whole day.

Another PMET went out of Job?
Where are all his savings when Singaporea was riding high in 90s?

Time to go for a taxi-drive or security guard job
Fucking loser deserve this

Chao Sinkie loser HAHHAHA

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mrs Tan had accepted his apology. “People might think that he did it because we offended him. So I’m glad he has clarified the matter,” she said.

Clearly, as more Singaporeans are being replaced by cheap foreigners and become unemployed, we are going to see more of such irrational acts in our society keeping our police busy.

That is why in a country with big difference between rich and poor, there is a need to hide the wealth away from the poor because they will be jealous, esp if the rich happens to be FTs.:biggrin:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why in a country with big difference between rich and poor, there is a need to hide the wealth away from the poor because they will be jealous, esp if the rich happens to be FTs.:biggrin:

Chao Sinkie
Your peasant type disgusts me the most

$400 buffet is not a display of wealth :oIo:

Lee_cunt_yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is a reflection of Singaporean people job / employment plus GAP of INCOME crisis right now. Many people are suffering while a minority are too rich.

:mad:

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chao Sinkie

Absolutely! That is what a peasant takes home after CPF deduction these days!

And that is also what the Ministers Earns EACH HOUR!

S$400 x 24(hr) x 365(days) = S$3,504,000 per year!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not funny. Clearly he is upset and disoriented. This is likely to arise if the govt send out good vibes, great PR which is detached to reality. We were built on the belief that there will be a roof over our heads and the CPF will be a retirement fund to see one thru their last leg in life. It was not to be. CPF is an escrow to ensure that no Singaporeans defaults on his housing loan and his medical bills. It has failed.

Some of us have been smarter and maybe more lucky in not believing in this garbage. Not all are in the same boat. I do feel sorry for this chap and also that lady whose event was spoilt.

The saddest is to see young capable Singaporeans who have been displaced in mid-career to make way for cheaper foreigners and not necessarily better foreigners. We probably will be known for our highly qualified taxi drivers.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chao Sinkie

In life, everything is relative.

I also know $400 is peanuts for me, $40,000 buffet is nothing to me as well.
For someone who only has instant noodle for the whole day, $400 is a lot. It is also the display of abundant food, and the thought that some of these food will go to waste, esp in a buffet.

Calling the police for someone in desperation will not frighten him. Perhaps, he may even be thankful if he goes to remand, for the the food in prison will taste better than the instant noodle outside.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
While I think his actions are uncalled for, but I feel sorry for him. Especially after reading the part the he has only eaten a bowl of instant noodle for the whole day.

If I get to meet him in person, I'll probably buy him a nice dinner at some coffee shop and probably da bao some food for him too.

Can't afford to treat him expensive restaurant though!
:(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While I think his actions are uncalled for, but I feel sorry for him. Especially after reading the part the he has only eaten a bowl of instant noodle for the whole day.

If I get to meet him in person, I'll probably buy him a nice dinner at some coffee shop and probably da bao some food for him too.

Can't afford to treat him expensive restaurant though!

Did he contribute $1 evey month to CDAC when he was working?, was he too 'proud' to ask for help from them ? or perhaps the IVORY TOWERS were too tall & slimy to climb up to ask the 'white birdies' for a morsel of gruel..a la modern day 'Oliver'..

" a hungry man is an angry man"...should have thrown a shoe at whoever visiting his area, thanking him for his vote...or didn't!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
man has to chart his own destiny and not rely on government to plan and determine his retirement. any sinkie who has been dependent on some big shot telling him what and what not to do is a perpetual loser, unless you're one of the big shots calling the game. the whole island is rigged to the sheer advantage of first movers, and if you don't bring your game somewhere else where rules and fair play are more balanced, you're fucking screwed from cradle to grave. if any loser don't see that in his vision, he is simply just another moron in sg. at the end of his usefulness, can't blame the system for his sorry state. man has to blame himself for believing a lie that is so wantonly fraudulent.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
man has to chart his own destiny and not rely on government to plan and determine his retirement. any sinkie who has been dependent on some big shot telling him what and what not to do is a perpetual loser....

I totally agree with you on this. That guy is a loser.

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not dismiss such event lightly-you just need a small spark to start a forest fire
The uprisings now in so many countries in the Middle East was sparked off by the action of one man-Mohamed Bouazizi when he burnt himself on 17 December 2010.

The Tunisian revolution is an intensive campaign of civil resistance, including a series of street demonstrations taking place in Tunisia. The events began in December 2010 and led to the ousting of longtime President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali in January 2011......
The demonstrations were precipitated by high unemployment, food inflation, corruption, a lack of freedom of speech and other political freedoms and poor living conditions. ...... The protests were sparked by the self-immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi on 17 December and led to the ousting of President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali 28 days later on 14 January 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunisian_Revolution

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What you said is true, but have some compassion on him.

What compassion? That guy is in his 40s, he has hands and legs, has a brain that I presume to be functioning well and normal. Just because he cannot call a buffet party does not give him the right to prevent others from having a good time. There are others in worst shape than he is but they don't go round blaming others for their predicament. That person is a loser.