• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unemployed local grad shocked to find that job on govt jobsbank went to a cheaper ft

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Short of the complete removal of the Familee + FAP Traitor cancer, nothing will save SGs from being driven to extinction in their own country simply because one Familee is completely obsessed with perpetual 1-Familee rule.

http://therealsingapore.com/content...hocked-find-job-govt-jobsbank-went-cheaper-ft

[h=1]UNEMPLOYED LOCAL GRAD SHOCKED TO FIND THAT JOB ON GOVT JOBSBANK WENT TO A CHEAPER FT
[/h]Post date:
15 Jan 2015 - 10:48am

Hi Gilbert,

First and foremost, thanks for making this platform available for people like us who have grievance and no one is listening to us. I am a comp science degree graduate who is 6 months unemployed.

I am in a dilemma when writing this email but i feel that everyone needs to know about this BIG LOOPHOLE that the government’s jobs bank is meant for local Singaporeans when even foreigners are able to access it at their end. Let me recount my story here.

Three weeks ago i got an interview from a MNC through a HR friend who posted the job on jobs bank. And early this week, my friend told me my application was rejected because they have chosen a foreigner who has similar experience but his salary requested was 30% lower than mine.

I was taken aback by the fact that a foreigner was selected before me even though FCF was implemented to protect locals in the first place.

He told me that the jobs bank is publicly viewable so employers put in the information such as email and contact number and that is why foreigners can call and email them about the job vacancy.

I also did a quick check on overseas forum and alot of the overseas agencies are using this as a opportunity to get foreigners to pay and apply job on their behalf.

My question now is why the jobs are publicly viewable?

When it is suppose to be meant for Singaporeans using our Singpass to apply?

Should not the portal only allow Singaporeans to access and search for jobs?
What should I do next?
Thank you
Wallababy

Transitioning.org - A website that helps jobless Singaporeans find new hope in life

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Unemployed local grad shocked to find that job on govt jobsbank went to a cheaper

Three weeks ago i got an interview from a MNC through a HR friend who posted the job on jobs bank. And early this week, my friend told me my application was rejected because they have chosen a foreigner who has similar experience but his salary requested was 30% lower than mine.

i be the one to ask first : who he voted for ? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

to the scums , the bottom line and the most important criteria
is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in whatever they do.

what the use of being lumpar one in education ?
university ranked among the top 5?
when graduates cannot find job due to money minded policy of the scums. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Unemployed local grad shocked to find that job on govt jobsbank went to a cheaper

Been quite some time leow Civil Service jobs also available to FTs. Even Spore Customs also have permit holders. Uniformed staff mind u. What more civilian jobs in Civil service.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What's so shocking? The local candidate demanded too high a salary as compared to his actual job scope. I expected the job to go to a more deserving foreigner who was willing to do the same work for the same quality but at 30% less pay.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's so shocking? The local candidate demanded too high a salary as compared to his actual job scope. I expected the job to go to a more deserving foreigner who was willing to do the same work for the same quality but at 30% less pay.

u fuck talked cock !!

u neber hear sillypooreans willing to lower pay yet still got rejected ?

and how high did these locals demanded , like you masters awarding themselves
millions ?
housing price sky rocketed and cost of living keep on increasing year after year ,
yet salary for the majority hardly increase.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

u fuck talked cock !!

u neber hear sillypooreans willing to lower pay yet still got rejected ?

and how high did these locals demanded , like you masters awarding themselves
millions ?
housing price sky rocketed and cost of living keep on increasing year after year ,
yet salary for the majority hardly increase.

This local apparently demanded too high a pay, which employers are reluctant to pay, given the level of expertise possessed by the sinkie.

Housing price can only rocket if enough people earn enough money to pay for the higher prices. Prices crash when salaries lag too far behind the rapid rise in prices. It's a simple supply-and-demand logic.

If you go to condo launches, most buyers are still sinkies, not foreigners. This means that PAP did a good job to enable enough sinkies to have high salaries to pay for condos. And it sickens me to think that some of these people are ungrateful enough and vote for the opposition.

Brahmadachod

Alfrescian
Loyal

The "post on job bank first" policy is just to trick gullible singaporeans to believe they are considered first when it is clearly not.

master

Alfrescian
Loyal

The job went to new citizen, not ft. He got it all wrong!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

The "post on job bank first" policy is just to trick gullible singaporeans to believe they are considered first when it is clearly not.

With the job bank, the government is slowing down FT intake... by 2 weeks.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

What if it was your son that lost a job opportunity to foreigners working for 30% less pay?

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal

din she read what our PM said in the Shitimes

that all Singapooreans require is a die-poorma and not a degree

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What if it was your son that lost a job opportunity to foreigners working for 30% less pay?

My son is still studying. He just collected his O-levels recently. Better example would be myself, since I am still working. I possess very niche professional skill set. As such, it is very unlikely that I would be replaced by a cheaper foreigner. My clientele does not go for 'cheaper, better, faster'.

I have often taught my kids valuable life skills. One of which is to continuously learn valuable professional skills, network, hone leadership skills and have good public speaking skills. People of this sort are not your lowly employees who run the risk of being fired and replaced by cheaper workers. Workers who compete under such circumstances are in a downward spiral, where their jobs can be easily replaced by those in emerging Third World countries.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh it's this cocksucker again. Run! Rabies epidemic !

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

My son is still studying. He just collected his O-levels recently. Better example would be myself, since I am still working. I possess very niche professional skill set. As such, it is very unlikely that I would be replaced by a cheaper foreigner. My clientele does not go for 'cheaper, better, faster'.

I have often taught my kids valuable life skills. One of which is to continuously learn valuable professional skills, network, hone leadership skills and have good public speaking skills. People of this sort are not your lowly employees who run the risk of being fired and replaced by cheaper workers. Workers who compete under such circumstances are in a downward spiral, where their jobs can be easily replaced by those in emerging Third World countries.
Your son should go India Universities to study. They will become better and more competitive.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dr Chee has warned you guys.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Your son should go India Universities to study. They will become better and more competitive.

My son has great leadership potential. I am counting on him to bag a government scholarship, go to OCS while serving NS, sign on as a government scholar and become a BG by 45 years old. After leaving SAF, be a CEO at a stat board. Maybe if he is keen, go and join PAP and start off as Minister of State. I have no wish for him to mix around with low caste sinkies.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

My son has great leadership potential. I am counting on him to bag a government scholarship, go to OCS while serving NS, sign on as a government scholar and become a BG by 45 years old. After leaving SAF, be a CEO at a stat board. Maybe if he is keen, go and join PAP and start off as Minister of State. I have no wish for him to mix around with low caste sinkies.
Wow...your son is indeed the cream of the cock. :p