• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Understanding why Singaporeans accept importing cheap foreign workers policy...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singaporeans screwed themselves by becoming soft and lazy. The PMET category thought they were God's gift to the workforce. They are now paying the price.

i'm intimate with a resale and distribution business that till today has a hard time hiring sinkies due to work days and hours, pay, and of all things, the "indignity" of driving a company van as a requirement. :rolleyes:

weekends and off-hours are required, but may happen once in a month due to promotions and monthly restocking. pay is a respectable 2500 for a relatively simple and cushy job, with much independence and mobility. no need to travel out of sg. sinkies with some experience are asking for 3000 minimum. must drive company van as it involves transporting lightweight boxes. sinkies wanting to impress their mistresses or gf's find that a no-no. we give up on females as none apply for it after a year of advertising. we think the culprit is a combo of the driving and requirement to slightly sweat outside of the air-conditioned office. 2 positions left by sinkies for over a year are going to foreign hires. the business can't wait for that long although it attempts to put sinkies first.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i'm intimate with a resale and distribution business that till today has a hard time hiring sinkies due to work days and hours, pay, and of all things, the "indignity" of driving a company van as a requirement. :rolleyes:

It is impossible to get a Singaporean who considers himself to be an "executive" to drive a van or a pickup truck. I offered the company pickup to a junior sinkie executive to get to and from work daily. The only requirement was that he had to do ONE delivery run on the way home to ONE location to deliver daily artwork (no internet in those days to transfer files).

He turned down my offer. Instead he took a $50,000 car loan to buy a 2nd hand Beemer.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is impossible to get a Singaporean who considers himself to be an "executive" to drive a van or a pickup truck. I offered the company pickup to a junior sinkie executive to get to and from work daily. The only requirement was that he had to do ONE delivery run on the way home to ONE location to deliver daily artwork (no internet in those days to transfer files).

He turned down my offer. Instead he took a $50,000 car loan to buy a 2nd hand Beemer.

sam , you should offer him your biscycle ...he might take up your offer :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
probably he like to ride on bicycle without the seat. :wink:

that unicycle also got no seat :wink: its more difficult to ride :wink: but guess you have to start young to be a pro rider .

1111111111111.jpg

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahahaha...sam give me inf liao ..he angry because of that post :wink:

boss , dont like that lah ...:wink:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
hahahaha...sam give me inf liao ..he angry because of that post :wink:
boss , dont like that lah ...:wink:

Here we are talking about an interesting and contentious issue and you divert the discussion with your drivel. There's a time and place for everything and I'm sure you're banter about bicycles will be appreciated in the right place. In this thread, it's not welcome. :rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Here we are talking about an interesting and contentious issue and you divert the discussion with your drivel. There's a time and place for everything and I'm sure you're banter about bicycles will be appreciated in the right place. In this thread, it's not welcome. :rolleyes:

ok ..im sorry . sometimes cant help it suddenly my feeling come just want to disturb you :wink:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am however in a agreement that high dependency on maids is going beyond belief.

One thing i would like to highlight about the increasing dependency of maids is, the FTs (New Citizens and PRs) are contributing to the increase too. They call them Housekeepers instead of Maids. I would like to know the figures directly contributed by the group of people. Main cause of such increase might not necessary be the Locals.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to chip in to point out that in the PMET category, it was already getting harder and harder to hire Singaporeans with a good work ethic way back in the early 90s when I was still involved in manufacturing.

I wanted to hire a supervisor to do 3rd shift (11pm to 7am). Not a single Singaporean responded. Shift allowances would have meant a take home pay of at least $3000 pm which was great money in those days but that didn't make a difference. We ended up hiring a Pinoy. He was the best supervisor of the lot.

I've already told the story about Singapore engineers refusing to go on overseas assignments or coming back on weekends for urgent issues so I won't go down that road again but I'm sure you catch my drift.

Singaporeans screwed themselves by becoming soft and lazy. The PMET category thought they were God's gift to the workforce. They are now paying the price.

If you dug a bit deeper, you'll probably find that the majority of those driving taxis now were the ones that refused to go the extra mile when required because the ones with the fucked up attitude that used to work in my factory are now the ones that are down and out. The hardworking and ambitious ones are still doing very well and are earning in the $200,000 per year range.

I agreed these with you partially. There are good Local employees, there are shitty FTs too.
Too bad, you didn't met me. :p I m on 24 hours notice, any countries any time, no questions asked upon activation during my employment time. :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is only misleading if one thinks that the principle of hiring a foreigner at low wages to do housework is not importing cheap foreign workers.

Cheap meh?:biggrin: plus levy, plus makan, plus sleep, plus water, plus dunno if she will poison the food or kill anyone of the family members in the sleep.
They are considered expatriate level by their own when they are here in SG you know?:biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I agreed these with you partially. There are good Local employees, there are shitty FTs too.
Too bad, you didn't met me. :p I m on 24 hours notice, any countries any time, no questions asked upon activation during my employment time. :biggrin:

The irony is that it was companies like mine who lobbied the EDB to allow foreigners into the PMET ranks because we simply couldn't get any Singaporeans for anything other than 8 to 5 desk jobs.

Anything that involved outdoor work, anything that involved regular travel, anything which involved odd hours or working weekends would attract very little response from sinkies and if they did, they came with a list of demands that were impossible to meet.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The irony is that it was companies like mine who lobbied the EDB to allow foreigners into the PMET ranks because we simply couldn't get any Singaporeans for anything other than 8 to 5 desk jobs.

Anything that involved outdoor work, anything that involved regular travel, anything which involved odd hours or working weekends would attract very little response from sinkies and if they did, they came with a list of demands that were impossible to meet.

Last time, i inside, outside, on top, below, all very the CAN. Duration to complete the tasks given was never a issue to me. In fact, if too much time was given to me to solved a problem, i will feel very insulted. Every time my Balls asked me when? My reply was always "TODAY" :biggrin:
LAO LAN and CONFIDENT YOUNG MAN I USED TO BE. :biggrin: Now i m just a XIA LAN OLD MAN. :biggrin: