• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Under One Roof raised only $1,800 for Zaibo for his cancer treatment

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh.... former cast of Under One Roof only rasied $1,800 for his cancer treatment? More like Under One Swamp!

Under One Roof actor Zaibo has stage 4 cancer, co-stars raise $1,800 for his medical expenses
photo_librarySee 34 More Photoschevron_rightchevron_left
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppGmail Share

Posted on 19 September 2018 | 11,415 views | 11 comments
Malaysian actor and comedian Zaibo, fondly known for his role as mee rebus seller Yusof in the 1990s local sitcom Under One Roof, has stage four cancer.
The 62-year-old told The Straits Times (ST) on Monday (Sep 17), that he has oesophageal cancer, which has spread to his stomach, lungs and left rib cage.
He said that he started vomiting whenever he ate solid food a few months ago and lost 10kg in eight weeks.
The actor, who lives in Batu Pahat, was admitted to his local hospital last month.

He was then referred to Sungai Buloh Hospital in Petaling earlier this month, where he was hospitalised for a week.
He was discharged about a week ago and is awaiting the results of a scan that will determine his treatment.
His diet is restricted to liquid food, such as high-protein milk, soup, plain porridge and fruit juice.

During his one-week stay in hospital, Zaibo said there were between 50-70 friends and colleagues dropping in at each visiting period.
His fellow co-stars from Under One Roof also reached out.
file6trnxs78bxs13ive1jgn.jpg

The cast of Under One Roof (clockwise, top left): Moses Lim, Koh Chieng Mun, Nicholas Lee, Vernetta Lopez, Norleena Salim, Zaibo and Daisy Irani. PHOTO: TNP

Vernetta Lopez, 45, who played Denise in the popular series told ST that her heart skipped a beat when she heard the news.
She said: "I was shocked. When we filmed the show, Zaibo had always been a sweetheart, buying snacks and gifts for everybody whenever he came back from Malaysia.
"He was very earnest in making it a good show."

She added the former cast have raised about $1,800 among themselves to help Zaibo with his medical expenses and are planning another round of fund-raising via a crowdfunding platform next month.

"When I video-called him, he was still the same bright, positive Zaibo, and I really hope he beats the illness big time," said Lopez.
Zaibo says he is very grateful for the funds that friends, former colleagues and members of the public have raised.
"Financially, I am not worried for now. But I don't know how much my medical bills will come to, or how long all this will take."
He added: "Norleena Salim also contacted me from Australia, hoping I will get well soon and asked me to be strong.
"The people who reached out, or came to see me, were those I met from all parts of my life - my childhood, schooling days, working days.
"They represent the journey of my life, and seeing them really touched me."
Read the full story at The Straits Times.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under One Roof star Zaibo dies from cancer aged 62
Comedian Zaibo, whose real name was Zainal Ariffin Abdul Hamid, had stage four oesophageal cancer.
Comedian Zaibo, whose real name was Zainal Ariffin Abdul Hamid, had stage four oesophageal cancer. PHOTO: KOSMO
benson_ang.png

Benson Ang

• PUBLISHED
    NOV 14, 2018, 4:52 PM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTER

SINGAPORE - Beloved Malaysian actor and comedian Zaibo, best known for portraying mee rebus seller Yusof in the 1990s sitcom Under One Roof, died on Wednesday (Nov 14) from cancer. He was 62.
His wife, Ms Siti Hawa Sawal, 52, confirmed the news to The Straits Times, saying: "I'm so sad now. Give me time."
His family shared that Zaibo died in her house in Johor, surrounded by her and his two sisters.
He had been able to talk normally the day before, but at 12.30pm on Wednesday, he suddenly struggled to breathe. An ambulance was called, but by the time it arrived, his heart had stopped beating. He died at 1.30pm, said his family, and his funeral and burial will be held on Wednesday.
He leaves behind his wife and nine step-children.
Zaibo, whose real name was Zainal Ariffin Abdul Hamid, told The Straits Times two months ago that he had stage four oesophageal cancer, which had spread to his stomach, lungs and left rib cage.

He said: "I know at least six secondary schoolmates who have died. So if it is my turn, what is unusual about it?
RELATED STORY
Under One Roof star Zaibo has stage four cancer
"Everybody will go through this process, so there is nothing to be scared of."
When contacted, his former co-stars from Under One Roof expressed sadness at the news.
Vernetta Lopez, 45, said: "He was and always will be remembered as the most humble, funny and absolutely sweetest person ever."
The Mediacorp Gold 905 DJ added: "He was someone who was so talented with comedy, ever grateful for even the smallest thing, emotional as well, not afraid to show his softer side, was always happy to help anyone."

Former actor Nicholas Lee, 53, said: "I was standing in line at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and on a chat group discussion with other Under One Roof cast members about when we would be able to visit Zaibo when I received the news."
Lee, who is now chief executive officer of Group X, a group of video and event production companies, added: "There's an undefinable kind of joy when you are given the opportunity to work with people who are gifted with an amazing talent and Zaibo is definitely one of those people.
"His gift was to bring joy and laughter to all those around him and he will be missed so very, very much. RIP, my dear friend."

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should have insulted Pinky and then get sued by Pinky and then crowd fund...more money that way.