• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague open letter to PM Lee

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
william_hague-e1319104277412.jpg

I am delighted to be visiting Singapore.

I admire your country very much for its huge achievements built through sheer creativity, hard work, determination and openness.

Our countries are old friends with many values in common, but today our relationship is on an entirely different footing from the past. It is one of equal partnership where we have a great deal to learn from Singapore as well as many areas where there is potential for closer ties between our peoples and our economies.

That is what I have come to Singapore today to discuss, and I look forward to an even stronger era in our relationship. You can watch my speech about this tomorrow here www.iiss.org

William Hague

Last edited:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
415333_344710782258301_125845680811480_946166_860063659_o.jpg

PM Lee just met UK First Secretary of State and Foreign Secretary William Hague. Bilateral ties are in good shape.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
PM Lee just met UK First Secretary of State and Foreign Secretary William Hague. Bilateral ties are in good shape.

Look who's sitting behind them... TRANSLATORS!!! :p

One speaks Queen's English, the other speaks_______ ????:confused:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah our old master is back to discuss trade, their gov bankrupt themselves by giving aids to terrorists and useless poms. Can you believe they gave out thousands of pounds per month to FW for housing subsidy, FW who clean street only get thousands to give to rich property owner. They also gave out free cancer drugs that cost thousand per weeks so that maybe these people can live 5 years more, with a big MAYBE. They are unable to change, because once they take away the people welfare, they are out of power. They do anything to stay in power, therefore welfare is sacred.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually can the reporters stay for the entire course of the meeting or they wayang for the photos, and the security shoo the reporters out of the hall?

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Opium smuggler is back to Asia!I hope they dont offer opium to us??I am ashamed of their past deeds and so many Singkees are worshipping them like gods,adopting anglo saxon names and and so on......................

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They are not translators. They are note takers to ensure there is no misunderstanding or misrepresentation when the minutes of their conversation get published on WikiLeaks.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not every Briton speaks Queen's English. Listen to Sean Connery (Welsh), Alex Ferguson (Scottish), and david Beckham, and you are like listening to dialects.

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not every Briton speaks Queen's English. Listen to Sean Connery (Welsh), Alex Ferguson (Scottish), and david Beckham, and you are like listening to dialects.

Sean Connery and Sir Alex Ferguson are both Scottish. David Beckham is an East Londoner who speaks with a rather dubious Cockney accent.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My salute to you Sir William Hague!!!

[video=youtube;tN9EC3Gy6Nk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL031F43B5F5848CFD[/video]

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
415333_344710782258301_125845680811480_946166_860063659_o.jpg

The english coming out of a mouth with a cock inside is very difficult to comprehend so need a translator loh!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
???????????:confused:

Pardon the ignorant..".Look who's sitting behind them... TRANSLATORS!!! One speaks Queen's English, the other speaks_______ ????"

Singlish mah!, " Mr Hate, you ok or not today/" that is why the need translators, heard that he speak Russianm maybe he is speaking in Russian? or parseltongue? who knows?

Boss_555

Alfrescian
Loyal
william_hague-e1319104277412.jpg

I am delighted to be visiting Singapore.

I admire your country very much for its huge achievements built through sheer creativity, hard work, determination and openness.

Our countries are old friends with many values in common, but today our relationship is on an entirely different footing from the past. It is one of equal partnership where we have a great deal to learn from Singapore as well as many areas where there is potential for closer ties between our peoples and our economies.

That is what I have come to Singapore today to discuss, and I look forward to an even stronger era in our relationship. You can watch my speech about this tomorrow here www.iiss.org

William Hague

Roughly translated... I need to borrow money. How much you got?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are note-takers, your twit! PM Lee is Cambridge-educated with double first-class honours. You mean the Foreign Secretary doesn't understand Queen's English - Welsh?

I understand many British don't speak Queen's English. After the EPL match, those "English" footballers do not even speak a language resembling the Queen's or news telecaster's!