• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK Attorney-General fined £5,000. in SG she could be CANED!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090922/tuk-attorney-general-pays-5-000-fine-6323e80.html

Attorney General pays £5,000 fine

8 mins ago
Press Assoc.

Gordon Brown has said he will take "no further action" against Attorney General Baroness Scotland after she was fined £5,000 for hiring an illegal immigrant as her housekeeper. :eek:

The peer, the Government's most senior law officer, apologised for the "technical breach" and accepted the ruling of the UK Border Agency, sparking Tory calls for her to resign.

In a statement, Lady Scotland said: "I fully accept the findings of the UK Border Agency, that I made a technical breach of the rules and I apologise for having made this inadvertent error."

She added: "Having examined the documents which I was shown, I accept entirely that I should have taken copies of them and retained those copies and I accept it is my duty to pay the fine and I have done so.

"The UK Border Agency is satisfied that I did not knowingly employ an illegal worker, that I took the necessary steps to check the documents to ensure that Ms Tapui was entitled to work in the UK. I paid her tax and national insurance. Once again, I sincerely apologise for my error.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he would not sack the Attorney General.

"In line with the Ministerial Code I have consulted the Cabinet Secretary and, given the UK Border Agency is satisfied she did not knowingly employ an illegal worker and took steps to check the documents, I have concluded that no further action is necessary given the investigation and action that has already been taken by the appropriate authorities and her unreserved apology," he said.

Lin Homer, chief executive of the UK Border Agency (UKBA), said the investigation confirmed Lady Scotland had employed an illegal immigrant, but did not do so "knowingly".

The fine was half the maximum of £10,000 because Lady Scotland had "no history" of employing illegal immigrants and had co-operated fully with the investigation, she said.