• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

u should sue HDB until their pants drop mah

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everything outsourced to reduce cost, so don't expect quality for your newer pigeon holes.

P.S: Terrible location also.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything outsourced to reduce cost, so don't expect quality for your newer pigeon holes.

P.S: Terrible location also.
Not too bad.
It near to a good primary school near mrt near waterway point and park.
Near safra and new swimming complex and stadium.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ak_pleak5_2201_0.jpg

SINGAPORE - Dirty water has been seeping from a wall in the master bedroom of her Punggol Housing Board home since June 2018.

Despite contacting both HDB and the Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council at the time, Ms Viola Lam's family still has to clean up the mess every day and deal with the damage to the home's furniture.

Ms Lam told The Straits Times that representatives from both HDB and the town council came to her flat at 305A Punggol Road to assess the situation last year and had said that the issue was with a rainwater downpipe.

"They told me that if I did not want to pay for the repair myself, I might have to wait for some time since their service is free. But I didn't think it would take that long," said the 28-year-old.

She added that both HDB and the town council later said the matter was "not within their purview".

In a statement on Wednesday night (Feb 20), however, HDB said it had been assisting the resident since June, together with the town council.

It also confirmed that joint investigations with the town council revealed that the cause was likely a leak from the rainwater downpipe, "which is under the purview of the town council".

In a Friday afternoon e-mail reply to queries, Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council said it made a number of appointments from July to September last year to inspect the external wall of the unit.

"As a precaution and to reduce the possibility of the cause of the leak to be due to an issue with the external wall, the town council also carried out supplementary works to the external wall near to the window area of the master bedroom," it said.

It found no cracks or signs of water seepage on both the sides and front external wall of the HDB block.

HDB said: "To facilitate the town council's repairs, we had offered to create an opening in the side panel of the built-in wardrobe that was obstructing the area to be repaired. However, the resident has turned down the offer."

It added that it would continue to work with the town council to assist Ms Lam to resolve the leak.

pleak3_0.jpg

The town council said HDB visited the unit last November, and confirmed that it arranged for "a small hole" to be created to facilitate checks for water leaks.

"Water leakage was found and this led us to suspect the cause was likely from the rainwater downpipe enclosed in the wall," it said.

It added that it had asked the resident to remove the built-in wardrobe so that further checks and repairs could be conducted.

Ms Lam, who is self-employed, told ST that she had been asked to foot the bill to find her own carpenter to remove the panel in order for the leak to be fixed.

Speaking to Chinese-language daily Lianhe Wanbao, Ms Lam said that she comes back daily from work to wipe the floor to prevent the water from flooding the bedroom.

In photos provided to Wanbao, the floorboards of the flat can be seen damaged by water seepage. Brown marks have also stained the walls and the bottom of a mattress.

The town council said: "We are currently liaising with the lessee to remove the built-in wardrobe to facilitate the repair works and resolve the issue."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ved-after-8-months-hdb-town-council-assisting

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
plastic pipes and plumbing fixtures will crack after 6.9 months. if they crack inside or in between concrete walls and floors, good luck! must break apart walls and floors to get them fixed. almost a dreadful task that seldom traces the root of the cracks. worst is when root cause cannot be pinpointed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is how the PAP ministers etc gets away from being responsible for any wrong doings. I give you an example, my water meter downstairs was leaking water badly, so I called, then PUB ( Public Utilities Board) remember them?. The person came, took a look & told me, the pipes that comes from the ground that connects to the meter is PUB problem, the water meter is MY PROBLEM, the pipes that goes out of the meter to my unit is TC PROBLEM. Those inside my house ( though installed by HDB) is MY PROBLEM.

But I said, when I bought the unit...the water meter was installed by PUB...the person said, now, it is mine, but you must get a LICENSED PUB PLUMBER using authorised water meter...he gave me a number.

The licensed PUB PLUMBER must be an ex-PUB employee...so, get the picture? It is never their problem at the top of the ivory tower. Eventually, it is your problem but you voted for 'your problem' aka the PAP.

That is why I say, PAP is the BEST, YOUR PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE 7 NOW, YOUR HISTORY TOO.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The town council said: "We are currently liaising with the lessee to remove the built-in wardrobe
to facilitate the repair works and resolve the issue."

wahh , the clown cowcil is beri honest.
sillypootians are lessee , not owner woh.