• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

u-15 gravure idol

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Rising Star Rebecca Flint – Beckii Cruel
7 February 2010
rebecca-flint.jpg

At 14-years old Beckii’s popularity in Japan rocketed after her YouTube videos were picked up by the popular Japanese website Niko Niko Douga. Her Japanese DVD debut, This is Beckii Cruel: Too Cute to be Real, was released last November and debuted at number eight on Japan’s DVD charts.

Her success has led publishing giant Tokuma Japan to sign up Beckii, teaming her with 18-year-old French college student “Sara Cruel”, from Lyon, and a 16-year-old student from Portsmouth known as “Gemma Cruel”. The trio – Beckii Cruel and the Cruel Angels – release their debut album in Japan on Wednesday, when it is expected to reach the top of the charts.
Beckii’s looks have created a sensation in Japan, where she has become a “moe idol”, a female worshipped for her small face, large eyes and slender limbs, similar to those found in anime characters – the Japanese animation-style heavily influenced by manga comic books.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
British schoolgirl set to top Japanese charts after YouTube J-Pop clips are watched by millions
10th February 2010
A British schoolgirl is set to top the charts in Japan after her YouTube clips became an internet sensation.
Rebecca Flint - a 14-year-old who calls herself Beckii Cruel - releases her debut album today to much excitement in the land of the rising sun.
Her webpage is the second most subscribed by music fans in Japan and she has already performed live in Tokyo.
Rebecca, from the Isle of Man, first came to attention on YouTube where millions watched her dance to J-Pop (Japanese pop music) and the theme tunes of anime cartoons.
article-0-083960BA000005DC-647_468x351.jpg

'Great experience': Rebecca Flint dances in 'cosplay' as Beckii Cruel

In one, Rebecca, who claims friends describe her as, 'That weird girl who's famous in Japan', said: 'I am amazed how many viewers I have got.
' I love you all. I’m so excited.'
Her album is expected to go straight to number one after it was produced by Tokuma Japan - one of the country's biggest publishers.
They have teamed Rebecca with an 18-year-old French student known as Sara Cruel and a 16-year-old student from Portsmouth called Gemma Cruel.

article-0-082F7268000005DC-428_224x392.jpg
article-0-083960A2000005DC-144_224x392.jpg

Hit: Rebecca is an internet sensation after posting her dance clips on YouTube

The daughter of a policeman and a dance instructor, Rebecca is thought to be popular because she has big eyes, a small face and slender limbs – similar to the cartoon characters.
Her father, Derek, said it was ‘great experience’ for Rebecca.
He added: ‘So far it's been a tremendous adventure, not many teenage girls get to travel across the globe and have this sort of exposure.
‘We've brought our children up with the internet, they've always had access to it.

article-0-082F725F000005DC-373_468x502.jpg

Fanbase: The teenager's features are similar to the Japanese cartoon characters

‘Rebecca is well aware of the online dangers; she's been well advised and has told us when there have been problems.
‘This is just a bit of fun, dancing to Japanese culture.’
Experts say Rebecca will be admired from afar from boys afraid of rejection because she fits the category of a ‘moe’ idol.
The teenager first became interested in anime and manga when she was 11 and picked up a translated copy of Fruits Basket, a Japanese girls' manga series.
Dressing up in ‘cosplay’ – wearing a favourite anime or manga character’s outfit and teaming up with friends – is also popular in Japan, with thousands of students attending conventions all over the country.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
610x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg
x610.jpg

x610.jpg
x610.jpg

KAWASAKI, JAPAN - FEBRUARY 14: Beckii Cruel, real name Rebecca Flint attends her first album promotion event at Lazona Kawasaki on February 14, 2010 in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan. 14-year-old Beckii, from the Isle of Man, has attracted Japanese comic fans by uploading videos of herself signing and danicing Japanese Anime songs, with her YouTube videos exceeding 10 millions hits in Japan.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x610.jpg
x610.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

TH0_172201025RDA100212-beckii3.jpg

Cruel-2-398x397-custom.jpg

Photo credit: Beckii Cruel flanked by her backing group on the cover of her latest single, courtesy of Tokuma Japan Communications

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
270px-Becki.jpeg

beckii_tsubasa_o_kudasai_pv.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HobCdJnRkb0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HobCdJnRkb0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Name 小川真奈(おがまな) Ogawa Mana
かな おがわまな
DOB 1993年7月2日
7058.jpg
s28822.jpg

Voicha magazine recently published this short Q&A with Ogawa Mana. If you're not familiar with her. she's a vocalist for the TNX group Canary Club who has recently released her first solo single, "Suppin Rock".
Ogawa Mana
Belongs to NICE GIRL Project, and is a member of the vocal unit Canary Club.
Not just a singer, she also appears in anime, dramas, commercials and more.
She's debuting as a solo singer with the opening theme to the anime, "Hyakko".

Q: What character are you playing this time?
A: Nikaidou Hitsugi, who I am playing now, is actually a grade schooler, but she is very good in science and math. Therefore, she's leveled up to high school. In short, a genius girl. (laughs) As for her personality, she is a shy and rather quiet girl.

Q: Does she resemble you in any way?
A: I'm also a bit shy, so that's where we are similar. In my case, the more I become friends with someone, the more I start to talk. But still, I'm shy. That doesn't mean I hate people or anything. (laughs)

Q: Was there something you had to pay attention to while playing this role?
A: This work is based on original script, so I had to be careful not to ruin the image of the original Hitsugi-chan. I've been asking myself, "Is it okay like this?" all the time.

Q: What advice did you get from the director?
A: I've been told to be more quiet, compared to high-tension characters.

Q: At any rate, your character has rather specific name.
A: That's true. I wasn't able to read it at first. (laughs) But it has a nice ring to it. I like Hitsugi-chan.
article200812111631063314.jpg
article20081211163108378.jpg

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Q: How did you like being a voice actress?
A: I've done work like this once before, but for that, I was working with people of the same age. But in "Hyakko", there were many older people around me...That was really something else (laughs). During dubbing sessions, it made me constantly think, "There really is an anime being produced here."

Q: But this time, you're not only appearing as a voice actress, but you're also singing the opening theme, "Suppin Rock".
A: As the name says, it's a rock song. There's lot of energy in it! Also, it was easy to sing, as the lyrics contain lot of things I could empathize with. I've gotten a few chances to perform it live, and I've seen the audience having fun during it. That gives me the feeling that when the anime airs, people in front of the TV are having fun as well!

Q: You've been a part of Canary Club until now. How has singing solo been different for you?
A: I've been singing solo in Canary Club as well, but really, that had more of a "This is Ogamana from Canary Club" feeling... Therefore, now that I've become the solo artist Ogawa Mana, I'm able to see things in new perspective.

Q: Lastly, please send a message to all our readers.
A: I was really happy to get a chance to not only appear as a voice actress, but also to sing the opening theme. I hope you'll watch the anime and listen to the song many times, and I also hope you will support me in the future!
img20081010124313802.jpg

Ogawa Mana
"Suppin Rock"
exyg0227-01-600.jpg