• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Two Scenarios for PAP in 2016

What will happen to the PAP?

• Total voters

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP now comes to a fork in the road. They have a difficult choice to make and it is not apparantly clear to me, as a simple voter, which is the way they will go. Any thoughts? Feel free to add scenarios if I missed any out

Scenario 1: High Road.
PAP consults the people, tries to fix the problems of over-immigration, income division, insufficient healthcare coverages and poor quality of life. It finds that these problems are more difficult to fix than imagined. By 2016, the problems are still inadequately addressed. PM Lee honestly explains the situation to voters and introduces additional reforms and social liberalisation. The PAP is punished in the polls and overall popular vote goes into the 50s, but retains a majority. This marks the lowest point in PAP fortunes as reforms continue to be implemented and GE2021 sees a rebound in PAP votes

Scenario 2: Low Road

PAP ideology is stuck. It is unable to recognise its failings and continues on governing as is. To defend its vote share, it resorts to attacking opposition candidates, importing new citizens and voters, and even explores giving PRs the right to vote. Its bag of dirty tricks is updated to handle the new realities of the social media age. The leadup to GE 2016 is an explosive one and marks a new phase of heightened social unrest which pits PAP against native born Singaporeans.

Scenario Half-and-Half: Low-High

Starts off on one approach and then switches another, or even roll out a combination of both high and low approaches, as internal factions battle for the soul of PAP. As the Americans would put it, a big shit storm ensues

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
As the Americans would put it, a big shit storm ensues

LHL will be facing competition when time come to pass, both internally and externally, and i reckoned that he had already made the necessary maneuvers to secure his position.

if i were him, i would do the following:
i. make sure my PPS feed me with the right info in future, e.g. there's no hum in mee siam and/or i can't see the CTE from the north-south MRT line along AMK.
ii. ensure that my promises to the public are kept so there will be no political booboo in YouTube featuring my broken promises.
iii. make sure that those sycophants feed me with realistic info on ground sentiments rather than those feel-good sweet-nothings.
iv. ensure that i engage the oppositions fairly as the populace had gained political awareness, rather than being generally apathetic in the past.

this list is not complete and i'll continue to extend it when the need arises.

my humble 2cts :eek::eek::eek:

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL will be facing competition when time come to pass, both internally and externally, and i reckoned that he had already made the necessary maneuvers to secure his position.

if i were him, i would do the following:
i. make sure my PPS feed me with the right info in future, e.g. there's no hum in mee siam and/or i can't see the CTE from the north-south MRT line along AMK.
ii. ensure that my promises to the public are kept so there will be no political booboo in YouTube featuring my broken promises.
iii. make sure that those sycophants feed me with realistic info on ground sentiments rather than those feel-good sweet-nothings.
iv. ensure that i engage the oppositions fairly as the populace had gained political awareness, rather than being generally apathetic in the past.

this list is not complete and i'll continue to extend it when the need arises.

my humble 2cts :eek::eek::eek:

do you mean you think LHL will do the right thing.

what signs have you seen that indicate this? i can't tell

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, that would make sense, wouldn't it? And it would be the absolute right thing to do for the voters whom he purports to represent.

So no need to go into doom and gloom so fast. Things may still turn out well for Singapore

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless the entire leadership in PAP are brain dead, it's more likely they will take the first option, start reforming. whether or not it is successful is yet to be determine. However what PAP isn't going to be able to do is stop the need for more opposition. My guess is if PAP successfully reforms, they will still lose another 1-2 GRCs in 2016 but the vote percentage will actually go up. If PAP fails however, we may see at least 30% opposition in Parliament and a possibility of a change in government(although the latter is still pretty unlikely at this stage)

Last edited:

cicada

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

didn't you read my opening line? :o:o:o

hehe rite bro rite! Human propose.. Heaven dispose.. We can only pray he focus properly on what he's suppose to do, despite the facing chu ge on 4 sides. otherwise.. there will always be others to come along like spare tyre said.. all may not be lost!!