• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Two of the world’s best chefs to open at newly renovated Raffles Hotel

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
SINGAPORE — Raffles Hotel Singapore closed its doors last December for its first renovation in almost 30 years. The work updates the entire 130-year-old property, even adding new buildings.

So important to the high-class social fabric of Singapore is the hotel that a starring role in the soon-to-open summer blockbuster Crazy Rich Asians was non-negotiable.

"We got in there soon enough that they were able to hold off in one little wing before the whole thing shut down," director Jon M. Chu tells Bloomberg.

Whatever the cost — hotel owner Katara Hospitality says only that it was a "significant amount" (the last major renovation was estimated at over S$385 million) — the outcome will be astonishing, particularly the lineup of culinary talent.

New chefs include Ms Anne-Sophie Pic, of the three-Michelin star Maison Pic in Valence, France; venerable French master chef Alain Ducasse; and Mr Jereme Leung, who has garnered accolades for his groundbreaking Chinese cooking.

The Singapore Sling will continue to be a house specialty served at the hotel's refurbished Long Bar, where guests will still be able to toss peanut shells on the floor.

More at Two of the world’s best chefs to open at newly renovated Raffles Hotel

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
New chefs include Ms Anne-Sophie Pic, of the three-Michelin star Maison Pic in Valence, France; venerable French master chef Alain Ducasse; and Mr Jereme Leung, who has garnered accolades for his groundbreaking Chinese cooking.

I've made dinner reservations for my family. Nothing but the best for John and the Tan family. We certainly could wine and dine like the Crazy Rich Asians, except that we are not crazy.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raffles/ hyatt hotel is the pick up point for foreign western girls. Just buy them dinner, maybe shopping or i dunno how the thing works. Maybe get a bonk or two. Polish, russian, US, latvian, UK, israeli even. You name it. I think they hang around the bar.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was having my breakfast.
An Ah Soh sat on my table.

But i didn't talk to her until i need to visit the loo, cos i need her help to look after the half done coffee.

WTF, after coming out.
He gave me a look and seems to asking for something from her look of her eyes. KNS