• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

tsk tsk.. Parents nowadays ..

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20100721-228040.html

Father storms into school after son's caning

He interrupted a staff meeting and threatened to hit the Principal.

Wed, Jul 21, 2010
AsiaOne

Unhappy that his son had been caned in school, a father took matters into his own hands and stormed into the school's meeting room.

Police were alerted to the incident, which occurred on Tuesday afternoon at a well-known secondary school in the central area.

The parent created a scene and threatened the principal with assault. The heads of departments and the principal were in the middle of a staff meeting when he kicked the door open and barged in, reported the Lianhe Wanbao.

According to the Chinese daily, he was outraged as his son had been caned twice for disciplinary issues.

Said a source whom the paper spoke to: "The school will resort to caning only in cases of serious disciplinary problems and if students are unrepentant after being told off."

"Students can only be caned with the approval of higher authorities in the school, including the school principal. It cannot be carried out by a teacher without approval."

The parent was restrained by three teachers who were at the meeting.

The incident created a stir in the school. A witness said the father was very agitated when he arrived, and went straight for the meeting room upon realising that the principal was there.

A teacher who saw the out-of-control parent barge into the meeting room called the police. Police arrived but no arrests were made.

"He was ranting in a loud voice about wanting to beat up the principal for hitting his son, we were all very afraid."

According to the witness, the parentcalmed down after listening to an explanation by the principal.

Parents usually informed of canings

According to schools that Wanbao spoke to, parents are usually informed when their child is to receive corporal punishment.

Whether they have to present when the caning is carried out depends on the decision by the school as well as the severity of the offence.

'Closed door' canings may be carried out in the principal's office, while punishment for more serious offences may be carried out in the classroom or school hall.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a child = caning
As an adult = hanging
Caning should be discontinued in schools.

This chap may have smoked, bullied, extorted, skipped school, assaulted another schoolmate, insulted his teachers' mothers, broke all school rules - and the father supported him?

Here we are the public, concerned about schools not taking more drastic action to discipline delinquents, and there you have parents supporting their kids misbehaviour!

The father might as well send his son to an International or private School.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This chap may have smoked, bullied, extorted, skipped school, assaulted another schoolmate, insulted his teachers' mothers, broke all school rules - and the father supported him?

Here we are the public, concerned about schools not taking more drastic action to discipline delinquents, and there you have parents supporting their kids misbehaviour!

The father might as well send his son to an International or private School.

On the other hand, his son may have been maligned........
I don't think schools should cane students no matter what is the situation

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
So was the parent informed of the caning beforehand? If not, he has the right to demand an explanation from the school.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20100721-228040.html

Father storms into school after son's caning

He interrupted a staff meeting and threatened to hit the Principal.

Wed, Jul 21, 2010
AsiaOne

Unhappy that his son had been caned in school, a father took matters into his own hands and stormed into the school's meeting room.

Police were alerted to the incident, which occurred on Tuesday afternoon at a well-known secondary school in the central area.

The parent created a scene and threatened the principal with assault. The heads of departments and the principal were in the middle of a staff meeting when he kicked the door open and barged in, reported the Lianhe Wanbao.

According to the Chinese daily, he was outraged as his son had been caned twice for disciplinary issues.

Said a source whom the paper spoke to: "The school will resort to caning only in cases of serious disciplinary problems and if students are unrepentant after being told off."

"Students can only be caned with the approval of higher authorities in the school, including the school principal. It cannot be carried out by a teacher without approval."

The parent was restrained by three teachers who were at the meeting.

The incident created a stir in the school. A witness said the father was very agitated when he arrived, and went straight for the meeting room upon realising that the principal was there.

A teacher who saw the out-of-control parent barge into the meeting room called the police. Police arrived but no arrests were made.

"He was ranting in a loud voice about wanting to beat up the principal for hitting his son, we were all very afraid."

According to the witness, the parentcalmed down after listening to an explanation by the principal.

Parents usually informed of canings

According to schools that Wanbao spoke to, parents are usually informed when their child is to receive corporal punishment.

Whether they have to present when the caning is carried out depends on the decision by the school as well as the severity of the offence.

'Closed door' canings may be carried out in the principal's office, while punishment for more serious offences may be carried out in the classroom or school hall.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lousy Parents. Bad behavior like Ah Beng from the father and the son will follow in the future......! :mad:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canning should be punishment of last resort , try shaming them in public first !
If didn't work , then shame them in public with parents around.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Canning is actually fine, i got a few good one in school, turn out to be my turning point. :biggrin:

sfugel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you.School should bot be caning their students.As a parent,if I deemed my son requiring a disciplining,than I shall be the one doing the caning.The school should have just suspended him.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do you know that student smoked, bullied, extorted, assaulted.. etc?? Is it mentioned in the newsreport :confused:

Wow, yes, that student needs to be caned.

And the father too.

jw5

Loyal
Now we know where the "disciplinary issues" originated.
Let's hope that his name is revealed soon, and his picture and the story will be pinned on the notice board of his office pantry.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WwooooOOOOoooooo .. Meeting adjourned!

FistOfFury5.png

jw5

Loyal
Maybe he is don't do a white collar job
Factories also have an office pantry.
Even if he is a billionaire without a job who lives in a landed property, you can always pin it on the noticeboard of the nearest shopping mall and let his neighbours read.

karfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I confront the teacher?

My son was suspended from school for 4 days cos his classmate who is a student leader complain that my son bully him during tutition. I check and was told that the tutor feel that it was a group quarrel and they did not even think it was serious enough to inform me cos boys at tat age tends to quarrel and push one another. My son was also issue warning from the school that 1 more time and he will be expel. My son suffered in silence about this and we only learn about it after 2 weeks from a third party. I am very angry with the school as they did not even call the tutition centre to clarify and just take the word of their student leader.

What can I do? The centre is prepare to testified that there was no bulling but I worried my son will be marked. My son is in Sec 2 and there is another 2 years to go before he can get out of the school.

Last edited:

meburns

Alfrescian
Loyal
Irregardless of whetther the boy was innocent or guilty, the fact that this idiot father just barge in the room wanting to sio pah like some gangster already suggest there is something wrong with the family and boy's upbrining.

SHould rotan instead of cane in this case

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I deemed my son requiring a disciplining,than I shall be the one doing the caning.The school should have just suspended him.

Where got such things now? You will probably sayang-sayang him. May be buy him Brand essence chicken to drink to recover his lost pride and a few tears.

In the past one complain and the parents will come with a cane to school and chase the fellow in class. Suspension? Parents will complain that they have to take leaves from office to accompany them at home. Who wants that?