• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tray return initiative - NEA "didn't implement changes well"?

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Return tray is a good idea, but is there any saving for the stall holder or customer. does the price of food and rent go lower. Is NEA looking into it or just clear your tray only.

They already removed minimum bid for stall rental. It already went down. The tray removal is a bid to reduce dependency on Foreigners. You want to see more FWs here?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just be honest for once, call a spade a spade, and say that the scheme has failed, because Vivian is an idiot.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the incentive to bring back tray?

At least for Subway, it is 'cool' to bring your tray back. U think it's cool to bring your chicken rice tray back at coffeeshop?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not return your tray, it will cause those old uncles and aunties who clear the trays to lose their jobs and force em out on the street to sell tissue. The situation is getting from bad to worse, I just saw an aunty trying to sell me tissue on bugis street 2nd floor. Cutting dependence on foreigners is sadly just an excuse to help fnb companies lower costs and cause low income and elderly Singaporeans to lose their jobs.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, not returning trays to 'help' cleaning aunties is as good as peeing all over the floor in toilet so that the cleaners won't lose their job.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think we have to change our mindset
we were on the right track until something happened
and everything went astray....sad

It is not the mindset...what happened to the education they received?? surely something had gone really wrong.. if a few have that mentality, it is normal...but it seems that, this is the majority...

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They already removed minimum bid for stall rental. It already went down. The tray removal is a bid to reduce dependency on Foreigners. You want to see more FWs here?

Really ah? So, how much has rental gone down? Down 5 percent when the rental had gone up by a few thousand percent over the years?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just be honest for once, call a spade a spade, and say that the scheme has failed, because Vivian is an idiot.

What an idiot Vivian is! He bungled flood, dengue, haze, fight with WP TC and now this? Why do we tolerate mediocrity in the PAP???

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suppose 4 old folks hired to clean.table.
After tray return programme need only 2 ...you think the boss will keep flowing money out to pay salary of the two cleaners.no longer needed...so.you go guess what is the outxome

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not the mindset...what happened to the education they received?? surely something had gone really wrong.. if a few have that mentality, it is normal...but it seems that, this is the majority...

my simple observation is this: we were all eager to form our own identity, our nationhood and our own people, one people, one nation...and then suddenly, out of the blue, we were side-tracked.....and our singleness of purpose and our national objective was suddenly uprooted....and we became a normadic disunited rootless people.....hope we can recapture that path which we had started and hope we can all move forward together as ONE PEOPLE ONE COUNTRY ONE SINGAPORE...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Return tray is a good idea, but is there any saving for the stall holder or customer. does the price of food and rent go lower. Is NEA looking into it or just clear your tray only.

The stall holders are probably facing financial pressures from their landlord.

All this DIY is an attempt by the gov't to push the cost to users. The PAP has been playing this game for years. Over the years the quality of food has fallen. For me it's a good thing because it encourages me to eat at home:smile:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i don't understand how a simple thing like returning your tray has blown out of proportion!!!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't understand how a simple thing like returning your tray has blown out of proportion!!!

I got a simple explanation, many have lost trust in a government which lacks inclusivess and has profitted greatly over the last decade. Thus they view what the government says with negativity and disdain.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I got a simple explanation, many have lost trust in a government which lacks inclusivess and has profitted greatly over the last decade. Thus they view what the government says with negativity and disdain.

i think it is very hard to please our people
you got old folks to work at food court and hawker centres - they complain
the oldies are replaced by foreign workers - they also complain
now they cut down the FW and re employ our old folks - they also complain
now they want to reduce the number of old folks and started the return your tray - they also complain
i think if i am the government, i will just set my rules and regulations
and then impose a FINE for those who do not return their tray and clean their tables
FINE seems to be the only thing that will enforce the rules and regulations
we have a long long way to go.....

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what are those old workers who lost their jobs gonna do?

Imposing fines is just another way to profit. Good job, another stick policy for a simple thing as not returning trays, might as well implement it across the board in all fnb establishments like michelin star restaurants, ten course and wedding dinners.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not return the tray guys...
Make it sinkies' form of civil disobedience...

Dun politicize everything and anything, you gong cheebye.
Not returning trays is not civil disobedience. Fucked!! Returning trays is not even a fucking law.
Meaning you cannot be jailed and fined if you dun do it.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like HOTA, this stupid Return Tray nonsense is not transparent at all. For example, the excuse is that this is good civil practice and also lighten the load of cleaners, but the real reasons are not made known to the public, and that includes if there is any cost savings or not and if there is cost savings, who will benefit from it....the patrons or the establishment.

Already the quality of food is junk and the quantity is also reduced with higher food prices. I see a big bowl with small servings. Now, even mee goreng has increased price, but no more meat in the mee goreng.

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suppose 4 old folks hired to clean.table.
After tray return programme need only 2 ...you think the boss will keep flowing money out to pay salary of the two cleaners.no longer needed...so.you go guess what is the outxome
Spot on!

Other problems we will face if patrons need to return trays...
1) tables will be dirty because cleaners will not go to that table to wipe it since no trays/bowls to collect.
2) collection points will be one big mess, more difficult for cleaners to manage.
3) we have to queue up to return trays. wasting more of our time.

I miss the good old kopitiam and hawker center days where we just need to place order and wait to be served. Nowadays kopitiam also have to self serve.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun politicize everything and anything, you gong cheebye.
Not returning trays is not civil disobedience. Fucked!! Returning trays is not even a fucking law.
Meaning you cannot be jailed and fined if you dun do it.

All the more reason for timid sinkies to take the first step.
Show the middle finger to pap.
From not returning tray will move on to bigger things.