• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Transport Minister observes rush hour bus frequency

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1081166/1/.html

Transport Minister observes rush hour bus frequency
By S Ramesh | Posted: 14 September 2010 1948 hrs

php3R18Mx.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

Transport Minister Raymond Lim (in purple) takes Bus Service 960

SINGAPORE: Transport Minister Raymond Lim on Monday travelled on bus service 960 to observe for himself the frequency and passenger load situation in Bukit Panjang, after services were increased during the morning peak period since July.

Photos of Mr Lim's visit with officials were posted on the ministry's Facebook page.

Mr Lim was also in Bukit Panjang to look at improvements made to the bus stop in front of Block 270, which had been extended and had an arrival information panel installed.

The ministry said the situation in the area has improved.

Commuters can now use the real-time bus arrival information to decide if they want to board a bus that has arrived or wait for the next one.

Passengers are also able to board or alight the bus easily, as there's no tailback of waiting buses, as was the case in the past.

The ministry said Mr Lim makes such unannounced trips on buses and trains to get a better feel of the situation on the ground.

It also helps officials see first-hand the impact of measures implemented to improve the public transport system.

Mr Lim last visited the same area in June.

-CNA/wk

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking dog trying to milk some sympathy votes. I dare him to take mrt at Jurong East station at 830am weekdays. :oIo:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y he muz let ppl noe he is taking ze bus? ...

y dun he put on sun glasses wen he take ze buses so dat no 1 can c dat iz him? ... :rolleyes:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was merely trying to save his a** from a bad job.
Why don't he try the NE line during rush hour ?
Just like wanking , he himself song only
:biggrin:

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I applaud his move, if he is serious about understanding how commuters feel, do this everyday for 3 years minimum and he will get the idea. By than I am cock sure that the bus trains whatever public transport system will improve.

If a person is not being burnt, he wont know that the kettle is hot so the old saying goes..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I applaud his move, if he is serious about understanding how commuters feel, do this everyday for 3 years minimum and he will get the idea. By than I am cock sure that the bus trains whatever public transport system will improve.

If a person is not being burnt, he wont know that the kettle is hot so the old saying goes..

Problems in Spore just didn't happen overnight.

If ANY PAP ministers were really serious about their jobs & not more concern about their pay. Then how did things in Spore get so bad :confused:

All these noises of concern are related to the coming elections. If the PAP wins another majority you can be assured that we'll see little being done. The PAP will go back to "business as usual" for the next 4 years.

If anyone wants to improve things you have to put more opposition into parliament. Watching these MPs is a full-time job & there's nothing like competition to keep the MPs on their toes

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking dog trying to milk some sympathy votes. I dare him to take mrt at Jurong East station at 830am weekdays. :oIo:

Boon Lay station every rush hours, weekends from Boon Lay, Jurong East, Little India, Farrer.. Aljunied & Lavender..

Raymond Limp...please do not insult our intelligence, the bus company have already briefed one and all of his visit, just like those monitoring the taxi flow at the taxi stands, by the ROV in the past and now LTA. I need not explain this.

Paymond Limp should travel incongnito, the bus routes, the train routes & observe...

Now, what is different between North Korea & us...putting up a display for all to see.

:p

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take one lousy bus ride call observe Rush Hour Bus frequency. Did he actually stand there for the entire hour and count the number of a particular bus service coming to that stop :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

ossy77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can see clearly that his body guard is behind him in the picture... therefore beating the objectives of taking bus/train... i.e. SMRT would already pre-arrange and make sure that the bus is clean and tidy and not the usual buses we took and the number of passengers are controlled not like the usual sardine packed!!! Why must wait till now than take public transport and understand the situation. I challenge him to take the public transport for a week and really understand the situation well.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I were standing next to him, I would have yelled at him to move to the rear instead of blocking me. No face given, everyone is on equal footing in the bus. Anyway, I find his action so ceremonious and insincere. A fake minister using such cheap "tactic" to win votes. I hope all future opposition members, after winning the election, will do things that PAP were too lazy to do. Like visiting the market often, taking public transports regularly and talking to everyone including taxi drivers and citizens in the heartlands. This is one good way to unite the people towards oppostion parties and create image branding to put PAP to shame.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to wayang lah. Just sack him and his salary can hire hundreds, if not thousands, of mystery shoppers to gather feedback on the same subject!

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Election coming, so must wayang wayang to show that he understand and is working or try to work out a solution. But once the election is over, he will disappear and tell you to get used to it. Let's move on or whatever. If not for the election, he wouldn't even bothered to come out of his air-con office.