• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traditional malay kuehs that everyone loves eating during your school days.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
During my kampong or school days, in the morning me and my siblings will wait outside our house for the macik and her two children carrying baskets full of different kuehs to sell or at my school tuckshop.
Most of these kuehs still can be found at stalls in geyland serai, joo chat,Haig Rd and eunos. in eunos there is a old indian man still selling tasty putu mayam on his bicycle beside the kopitiam. Except for karipap i am sure like me most of us don't know the kueh's name and will just point at the kueh we want.
So which is your favourite kueh?

kueh.jpg

kueh2.jpg

kueh3.jpg

kueh4.jpg

kueh5.jpg

kueh6.jpg

kueh7.jpg

kueh8.jpg

My favourite kuehs are lopes, salat, ubi kayu, lapis, kemboja,putu Mayan and roti jala must mix with chicken curry.
Surprisingly my tigress can make delicious kueh too, it was a sell out every time in the small cafe where she used to worked.
IMG-202108062.jpg

IMG-202108.jpg

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must try to make this at home next week. one of my favorites after kueh seri muka and ondeh ondeh.

Wah...ur taste same like mine. Kueh puteri salat aka kueh seri muka also my 2nd choice. :thumbsup:

Roti jala...tis one i will eat during mth of Ramadhan when i break my fast. But i prefer kosong, then eat it with kuah curry.:thumbsup:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is main reason why Ah Neh kueh not safe to eat, don't say I'm a racist, hor! If you don't believe u can ask Syed Putra.
everytime i makan ceca kueh, i lausai. not only fecal matter but also flies laying their eggs. and super sugary too.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I prefer savoury stuff to sweet ones, but if I have to choose a sweet kueh, I’ll take a kueh ambon anytime :coffee::coffee::coffee: