• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tough Days in Life

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 2018, work had been a mess, customers called me in late nights to scold me for problems that couldn't be solved. Like F-35, we got the most sophisticated product in the world but because it is so high-tech, there are some complex issues that keep haunting us constantly. Customers sell our advanced products for fat profits and blames us for the smallest flaw.

Personal investments also tanked, lost almost a million, wiped out everything that I saved since working. Who will expect Hyflux to go bust?

Relatives and friends got sickened and hospitalized. Every few days, I am in hospital either visiting someone or doctor. Even for myself, doctors found tumours in my body for myself, fortunately it is benign. Waited 3 weeks for results from government hospital and I was lifeless during that period. I really didn't know if I can go for treatment if it was cancer because I had no time. I only knew that I had to prepare my will if the results were bad. I told myself to work even harder if it was cancer because I need to leave some money for my dependents.

Then, senior in my family got dementia. There's different themes. Imaginations went wild, one week is about kidnapping, another week is about spiritual visits, murders, theft, etc. Every few days, I got woken up at night because of sundown syndrome. My good wife also got to help clear the poo.

It is not that I didn't pray or donate to charity. But so scary, things just happened and keeps on coming one by one. My hands are full.

This week, Mr Kenneth Yen from Taiwan passed away. He is the President of car manufacturer, Yulon Motors in Taiwan. Last night, I watched his interview r4om a decade ago and there were so much that I could relate from the interview. He was like me now.

Attachments

• YL.mp4
    8.9 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to take this chance to share the video. He said many things that I could relate to.
He was talking about the toughest days in his life. It spoke a lot to me.

Many things in life just cannot be solved even if we give our best, put in unlimited time and efforts.
Many things in our lives that cannot solve but we cannot walk away and continues to face it.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
sympathy is not abundant here except for brother John Tan who can give expert RC advise

Cannot seek RC advice, I helped RC people in my school days to distribute groceries to poor and saw RC people siphon the good stuff. Last time, my wet market coffee-store owner was from RC, every weekend busy collecting 12-ki, police don't touch him. Nowsaday, RC filled with civil servants who slack at their workplace but RC participation aids their career. Then the rest are new shitizens and parents seeking priority placement in primary school. Give me a break lor.

No lah, also not seeking sympathy. I love our like-minded brothers here, just sharing personal experience or take this thread as a tribute to the late Kenneth Yen. I edited the video for our brothers here.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Press on and persevere Brudder. All the best. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Unlikely that the light is an oncoming train as long as you aren't in the opposite direction. Stay healthy!

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Press on and persevere Brudder. All the best. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Unlikely that the light is an oncoming train as long as you aren't in the opposite direction. Stay healthy!

I almost got killed riao. hahaha

Thanks for reading brother and your kind words. I only wish to share the video because I think it can give some encouragement to our good brothers here who are having a tough time like me too. I love all of you.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cannot seek RC advice, I helped RC people in my school days to distribute groceries to poor and saw RC people siphon the good stuff. Last time, my wet market coffee-store owner was from RC, every weekend busy collecting 12-ki, police don't touch him. Nowsaday, RC filled with civil servants who slack at their workplace but RC participation aids their career. Then the rest are new shitizens and parents seeking priority placement in primary school. Give me a break lor.

No lah, also not seeking sympathy. I love our like-minded brothers here, just sharing personal experience or take this thread as a tribute to the late Kenneth Yen. I edited the video for our brothers here.

Report to your nearest RC which grassroots people are siphoning stuff. I will deal harshly with them.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report to your nearest RC which grassroots people are siphoning stuff. I will deal harshly with them.

I know more about your RC then you reh.
PA is going to merge with Sports Singapore. you know?

Anyway back then, that bastard was a fat B2 from a Guards unit. hahaha siasuay Guardsmen, and army orpiggers so free, got time join RC to siphon stuff for meant for community, :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: This kind of thing even a private or CPL NSF also wun do lor.