• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top PSLE Student is a FT!!!

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
The top primary six student this year is Qiu Biqing, a girl from Qifa Primary School in West Coast, with an aggregate score of 290.

Her father, Mr Qiu Guo Hua, 45, is a research fellow at the National University of Singapore, and her mother, Madam Xie Xiaojin, 42, is a research assistant there. They both work in a physiology lab.

According to the Straits Times, she could barely speak any English when she moved here from China in 2006 with her family.

The top Malay and Eurasian students, Syafiqah Nabilah Bte Shamshera and Samantha Annabelle Neubronner are both from Raffles Girls' Primary School; the top Indian student is Muhammad Saad Siddiqui from Anglo-Chinese School (Primary).

Other top students come from Nanyang Primary School, Gongshang Primary School, Rosyth School, South View Primary School, Greenridge Primary School, Nan Hua Primary School and Rulang Primary School.

A total of 48,541 Primary six pupils sat for the Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) this year. Among them, 47,117 pupils (or 97.1 per cent) will proceed to secondary school.

In terms of course eligibility, 63.1 per cent are eligible for the Express course, 22.4 per cent for the Normal (Academic) and 11.6 per cent for the Normal (Technical) course.

The 2009 Primary six cohort is the first batch of pupils under Subject-based Banding who sat for the PSLE.

Subject-based Banding, a refinement to the previous streaming system, was implemented from the 2008 Primary 5 cohort to give pupils the flexibility of taking a mix of subjects at Standard or Foundation levels depending on their strengths and abilities in each subject.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Considering she cant speak any english in 2006 and now 2009 she can score A in english, she is one intelligent girl.

Anyone know is this the 1st time a foreigner tops in spore psle??
!&!!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I don't have to guess who made it to the bottom.

The Mats again?:biggrin:

This goes to show to the Sinkies, LKY was right in getting PRC IN and to breed young ex-PRC from it!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more intrigued by the fact that both parents managed to get employment in the same department. And we are not talking about NTUC fairprice. I had the distinct impression that Philip Yeo promised to employ singaporeans as research assistants as they are only good for washing test tubes. And they came in 2006.

What a country.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulation to the govt,this is the kind of people (from Taiwan,Japan,China,HK,Korea) we should bring- in in abundant.We need them to energise our cohort of people who are already laid back due to many decades of good life and hot weather here.

Again,I hope the govt should bring in FT from the correct source and not from any unproven source where there are wide spread poverty and slums.

I cannot imagine my children mixing with their kids in the schools!

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why FT Tops...Our Real Singaporean Children are using the TEACH LESS LEARN MORE METHOD...Leading to Slip in Standard

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the Story....

Not be able to speak English does not reduce the intelligence of any person...

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
we should import lots more of these to secure our future

if we do it quickly by building the necessary accommodation and infrastructure to cater to another 1.5 million PRC talent, our future will be secure for at least one generation

right now, the population is below replacement level and many of the youngsters are useless