• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top marks for employability! Where's NUS, NTU?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Excellent reality check for daft sinkies who believe the hype perpetuated by the government that NUS and NTU are the best. Both unis can eat shit.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
NUS and NTU ranked high in top uni rankings because of boliao criterias such as foreigners-ratio, research paper published (quantity, not quality), computer terminals, etc

NUS and NTU is too academic, a bit like UK universities, just about memorising formulas and theorems. NUS and NTU does not enjoy the employability like the graduate of a leading Korean, US, Japanese, China or German universities.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say something is very wrong with the mindset of parents as well as the students. He say they thought that since many applicants are fighting and applying for the same course or uni and the best are selected means that their child is very smart. He say alot but not all nus and ntu students think highly of themselves, even those who didn't manage to be employed still thinking they are very worthy.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
my uncle say something is very wrong with the mindset of parents as well as the students.

Your uncle is right. That mindset is deeply ingrained in the parents and children because of the education system. Serfs actually don't need to feel worthy of anything.

Imagine your whole life, I mean literally every fibre of your being made to believe that with good grades you are the best and this goes all the way up to university... It's a poisonous mindset.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say something is very wrong with the mindset of parents as well as the students. He say they thought that since many applicants are fighting and applying for the same course or uni and the best are selected means that their child is very smart. He say alot but not all nus and ntu students think highly of themselves, even those who didn't manage to be employed still thinking they are very worthy.

The leadership of the country once told me, we need fallen students from our unis and displaced PMETs so that we can have ready stream of good-quality cab-drivers and property agents.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the failure of the teachers/schools to impart humility to the students.

Humility was drilled into us back in my day.

Your uncle is right. That mindset is deeply ingrained in the parents and children because of the education system. Serfs actually don't need to feel worthy of anything.

Imagine your whole life, I mean literally every fibre of your being made to believe that with good grades you are the best and this goes all the way up to university... It's a poisonous mindset.

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is your oinker humping you from the back into your backside hole and discharging through your finger tips onto the keyboard?
The puerile and kaypoh mind want to know.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent reality check for daft sinkies who believe the hype perpetuated by the government that NUS and NTU are the best. Both unis can eat shit.

Nonsense! NUS is lumbar one. NTU claim lumbar three, no one dare claim lumbar two!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is your oinker humping you from the back into your backside hole and discharging through your finger tips onto the keyboard?
my uncle say cyberspace spurring is childish and silly as there is nothing good or wise to learn from. my uncle say stay away from such if i encounter any.

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say cyberspace spurring is childish and silly as there is nothing good or wise to learn from. my uncle say stay away from such if i encounter any.

Or you hiding behind your oinker drawers underwear typing away?

Because you got no self respect to stand up on your own?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
There was one US Bank that recruited top students from Chinese Universities based on parents' net worth.

Bro,

the secret is already out of the bag- those seriously into academia already know where to go, and then there are those who just want to network and increase their net worth.

The whole idea about posting these rankings is just to show how ridiculous the bureaucrats have made what education purportedly seemed to be.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree on the ranking and league tables. Yes, the smart know what to do.

Singaporeans and Singapore institutions are famous for gaming the system. Look at how NTU and SMU are scaling the system relative to the major well known institutions.

At the end of the day, make sure your kids if they do not qualify for law, medicine or accountancy locally in one of the 3, head to a half decent Western institution.

Bro,

the secret is already out of the bag- those seriously into academia already know where to go, and then there are those who just want to network and increase their net worth.

The whole idea about posting these rankings is just to show how ridiculous the bureaucrats have made what education purportedly seemed to be.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don’t waste your money by sending your kids to do half-assed majors in so called “half-decent” western universities. there’s no such nonsense as a “half-decent” western university. all my sinkie nephews and nieces who studied at such universities are back in sg and are still struggling to find jobs both overseas where they studied and back home. meanwhile those who remain in sg and studied technical majors in polytechnics and ntu are gainfully employed, receive corporate subsidies for further education in a university of their choice (to upgrade from poly diploma to university degree or from ntu bachelor’s degree to masters in 2 years or less), are sent on overseas assignments, are granted short term stints in sillycon valley to keep up with latest developments at hq, get a boost in skills and experience within a year.....while their cousins who studied in so called “half-decent” unis (truly they are also half-ass) languish aimlessly with joblessness and by now depression and despair. luckily for them their parents are wealthy and can support them with homes and allowances for decades to cum. but each passing year is a ticking time bomb.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, in this day and age, they will know where to head.

Btw I spoke to friends of Tsinghua University and they laughed their head off. I played the devil's advocate and they again laughed. I then switched to NUS where some went and they were a little restrained but all agreed that a mid ranking Western Uni is the way to go.

One of them reminded us all of Old Man's famous exchange with NUS students in NUS on local education and the role of Woman in the house while his wife sat next to him.

Bro,
you know as well as I do, they have a mind of their own :wink::wink::wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
notice how quickly tpx changes from “half-decent” to “mid-ranking” after getting called out. beware of wolves in sheepskin.