• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top five things to do in Singapore (according to a Kiwi)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
printLogo.png

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=11217198

Top five things to do in Singapore

d39841a03a345358df177ec0641548105cdb95c3_220x141.jpg

Nab some delicious food on Boon Tat St.

By Megan Singleton

3:00 PM Wednesday Mar 12, 2014

Shop Orchard Rd
True shoppers, you'll need a day here. This 2.2km road is lined with luxury and high-street brands, bars and restaurants. Stay at Grand Park Orchard, around the corner from Top Shop.

Visit Gardens by the Bay
This multimillion-dollar eco garden project has 16 steel super-trees which are embedded with plants from rainforest to desert. Free light and sound show at 7.45pm and 8.45pm.

Night Safari
Kids and adults will love the Night Safari. The park opens at 7.30pm and begins with a Creatures of the Night show featuring nocturnal cats and other wildlife. Then hop on a tram and spy on the animals that come out to play.

Eat Satay
If you love peanut satay skewers then eat on Boon Tat St. Several satay huts line the street, which is closed to traffic each evening, and plastic tables and chairs dot the tarseal. Satays by the hundreds are hand cooked over coals and the smell is amazing. At 60c a stick, you'd be hard pressed to spend more than $15 on dinner.

Dempsey Hill
The former British Army barracks is now a hipster hangout with colonial-inspired bars and restaurants. Visit Chop Suey for dim sum.

For more from Megan, see bloggeratlarge.com.

The writer travelled as a guest of Singapore Airlines.

By Megan Singleton
- NZ Herald

Copyright ©2014, APN Holdings NZ Limited

Alfrescian
Loyal
Visit the China Town to see the old folk aimlessly sitting around the corners and the prc women scheming and underhanded the old folk there :eek: :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must Do list for Ang mors in Sinkieland

Get ripped off on the latest overpriced phone/camera/gadget at Sim Lim

Taste the $2000 seafood dinner for two at Newton circus

Get a blowjob from a transvestite in a orchard tower toilet cubicle

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Go Geylang eat Sichuan hotpot with lots of gutter oil
2. then walk around and watch PRC mei meis at work
3. then go buy contraband ciggies from street scalpers
4. queue up buy TOTO

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Visit Geylang for food and sex should be in the top 5 list.

Agree. A visit to Changi Point is also recommended at night. Other worthy places worth consideration includes Parliament House when in-session to witness sleeping MPs at work. Last but not least, a trip to Little India on Sat night to witness lawlessness.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. A visit to Changi Point is also recommended at night. Other worthy places worth consideration includes Parliament House when in-session to witness sleeping MPs at work. Last but not least, a trip to Little India on Sat night to witness lawlessness.

Apologies. One more needed to make it 5. A ride on our MRT to witness human sardines. If lucky, experience breakdown and delay.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
printLogo.png

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=11217198

Top five things to do in Singapore

d39841a03a345358df177ec0641548105cdb95c3_220x141.jpg

Nab some delicious food on Boon Tat St.

By Megan Singleton

3:00 PM Wednesday Mar 12, 2014

Shop Orchard Rd
True shoppers, you'll need a day here. This 2.2km road is lined with luxury and high-street brands, bars and restaurants. Stay at Grand Park Orchard, around the corner from Top Shop.

Visit Gardens by the Bay
This multimillion-dollar eco garden project has 16 steel super-trees which are embedded with plants from rainforest to desert. Free light and sound show at 7.45pm and 8.45pm.

Night Safari
Kids and adults will love the Night Safari. The park opens at 7.30pm and begins with a Creatures of the Night show featuring nocturnal cats and other wildlife. Then hop on a tram and spy on the animals that come out to play.

Eat Satay
If you love peanut satay skewers then eat on Boon Tat St. Several satay huts line the street, which is closed to traffic each evening, and plastic tables and chairs dot the tarseal. Satays by the hundreds are hand cooked over coals and the smell is amazing. At 60c a stick, you'd be hard pressed to spend more than $15 on dinner.

Dempsey Hill
The former British Army barracks is now a hipster hangout with colonial-inspired bars and restaurants. Visit Chop Suey for dim sum.

For more from Megan, see bloggeratlarge.com.

The writer travelled as a guest of Singapore Airlines.

By Megan Singleton
- NZ Herald

Copyright ©2014, APN Holdings NZ Limited

Thank you for sharing this with us Leongsam. I must say out of these 5 I've done only 3:

1. shopping in Orchard Road although I find shopping in Bangkok and Hong Kong is more fun and even cheaper with better service staff too;
2. Night Safari - been a few times, I thought its not bad but I prefer the Bangkok's Safari World where I could drive my own vehicle into the zoo and close up with the animals, really fun and its done in the day so can see very clearly. http://www.safariworld.com/
3. I spend a lot of time in Dempsey Hill especially the Wine Company and Long Beach restaurant I think I never fail to go there whenever I go back

Gardens by the Bay and Satay thing not been and tried.

Leongsam have yo done all these 5 before?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Leongsam have yo done all these 5 before?

1. Shop at Orchard Road - Only at Robinsons for clothes and at various food outlets.

2. Gardens by the Bay - Never.

3. Night Safari - Nope.

4. Eat Satay - When Satay club still existed where Durians now reside.

5. Dempsey - To report for 2.5 years NS.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and to share their culture, come over when the psi hits 300 and go to top of mbs, inhale deeply to smell the rosy haze, view the flyer and do the haka.
thereafter, visit thieves mkt at sungei road and buy a cushioned bicycle seat for someone and he may just reimburse your flight tickets and give you a ride home from the airport :cool: