• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Too Old To Be Taxi Drivers but Too Young To Withdraw CPF Money

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those days you shd hv fought hard enough for CPF55 in 1992.... it is either CPF55 or no future for Singapore ...

Fight and never lose...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time 72 years old driver only need 6-8 hours daily, can go relax & enjoy his work-life balance. Now have to drive 14 hrs in order to earn the same amount. Of course uncles are dying lar.
Too much free time the taxi lou go find beer lady peidu mama mistress end up broken family. We are doing this to instil the right work ethics and protect family values. Do oppies prefer to see broken families instead? :o-o:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
i saw the video and don't think that he lost consciousness.

He probably lost consciousness just as he changed lanes to the left after he had put on hazard lights.

When he lost consciousness his foot hit the accelerator pedal to the metal and he slumped to his right thus turning the steering wheel right and turning right.

Yes. Can see he lost consciousness. It was a little fortunate or unfortunate timing that he missed all the vehicles and just slammed into pedestrians crossing (rightly) the road.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah bro, doesn't make sense. how can one switch on hazzard light, lose consciousness overtaking and turning at the same time(his foot is already on the accelerator) the time span take more than 10 sec i supposed. i dun know, maybe possible afterall. i am not trying to be mean but i think the chances of losing consciousness in his case is rare.

He probably lost consciousness just as he changed lanes to the left after he had put on hazard lights.

When he lost consciousness his foot hit the accelerator pedal to the metal and he slumped to his right thus turning the steering wheel right and turning right.

Yes. Can see he lost consciousness. It was a little fortunate or unfortunate timing that he missed all the vehicles and just slammed into pedestrians crossing (rightly) the road.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please be careful when u see old taxi drivers because they may mow you down.

Taxi driver arrested, two women taken to hospital after accident outside Jurong Point

SINGAPORE - A 63-year-old cabby was arrested for dangerous driving following an accident outside Jurong Point on Saturday (April 13), which saw two pedestrians taken to hospital.
The police said that they were alerted to the accident, which occurred at the junction of Jurong West Street 64 and Jurong West Central 3, around 11.35am.
Two women aged 26 and 54 were taken conscious to National University Hospital.
The Straits Times understands that the taxi was from ComfortDelGro.
Facebook user Cassendra Tay, who said she witnessed the incident, said the taxi collided with the victims, who were flung by the impact and hit their heads on the road.
Ms Tay added that passers-by came forward to attend to the victims and shelter them, before the ambulance arrived around 10 minutes later.

ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited's group chief corporate communications officer Tammy Tan said the company was "deeply sorry" to learn about the accident and has suspended the cabby with immediate effect.
She said that the company's top priority at the moment is the welfare of the injured pedestrians.
"We are already in touch with (them) and will assist them the best we can," she said, adding that ComfortDelGro is assisting the police with investigations.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect many old taxi drivers are not fit to drive but government has no choice and cannot implement rigorous health check on them. This is the consequence.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's not easy on the roads these days, getting very congested and all sorts of "drivers", if one day unlucky, meet one crazy and bad temper one, will end up fighting on the roads.