• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today is SAF Day - Report to work in No. 4

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw some jokers wearing their No. 4 to work this morning. Looks like they are going for ICT. Must be civil servants. Some blokes in their 30s look damn disgusting in their No. 4. Big tummy, bald headed, walk with a slight hunch etc. How do u expect these uncles to fight a war? :(

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Saw some jokers wearing their No. 4 to work this morning. Looks like they are going for ICT. Must be civil servants. Some blokes in their 30s look damn disgusting in their No. 4. Big tummy, bald headed, walk with a slight hunch etc. How do u expect these uncles to fight a war? :(

"... sometimes we lose our way and need some guidance... "

source:
DPM Teo C. H. 1st July 2010, Temasek Polytechnic.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it because govt agencies and TLC companies have private SAF day celebration. They make it compuslory for their male employees to attend the SAF Pledge. Just look at the best employers awards, mostly won by these TLC companies.
According to fellow reservist who work on SPH, he can see many of the management level personnels were high ranking officers in SAF. Cronism at work?:rolleyes:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody here remember the old SAF advertisement asking young people to join them because it is 'a career that commands respect' ?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today is a day to protest against national slavery.
any bros want to join me in protesting outside Mindef, We will shout anti-SAF slogans and burn our No.4, Helmet and SBO...
We shall meet at 4 pm, those who arrive early can start their own demonstrations first... :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Today is a day to protest against national slavery.
any bros want to join me in protesting outside Mindef, We will shout anti-SAF slogans and burn our No.4, Helmet and SBO...
We shall meet at 4 pm, those who arrive early can start their own demonstrations first... :biggrin:
Hahaha, I'll be supporting you in spirit.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

knn... bloody chao keng. they should report earlier and do their 5BX immediately.:mad:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
AAAhhhhhhh....SAF Day !! :smile: I have fond memories of it.

During a project meeting in a MNC, a lance corporal was reviewing a project status and fxxking some officers, sergents and corporals for delayed project, screw ups, cost overruns, etc.

Department Manager was a LCP, while those working for him were the officers, SGT and CPL !!

Interesting meeting. All the officers, SGT and CPL looked so stupid in their uniforms taking orders from a LCP. I am definitely sure the LCP is not in the same reservist coy as the others. Even so, which officer, SGt, CPL dare to tekan the LCP during reservist with hindsight of career prospects being put to risk ?

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
AAAhhhhhhh....SAF Day !! :smile: I have fond memories of it.

During a project meeting in a MNC, a lance corporal was reviewing a project status and fxxking some officers, sergents and corporals for delayed project, screw ups, cost overruns, etc.

Department Manager was a LCP, while those working for him were the officers, SGT and CPL !!

Interesting meeting. All the officers, SGT and CPL looked so stupid in their uniforms taking orders from a LCP. I am definitely sure the LCP is not in the same reservist coy as the others. Even so, which officer, SGt, CPL dare to tekan the LCP during reservist with hindsight of career prospects being put to risk ?

Although I do not have any evidence to support it, it appears that logically, such a scenario should be very rare. During my days (very very long time ago), there are very very few individuals who have completed "A" levels or graduated from universities, and held the rank below corporal.

jw5

Loyal
Although I do not have any evidence to support it, it appears that logically, such a scenario should be very rare. During my days (very very long time ago), there are very very few individuals who have completed "A" levels or graduated from universities, and held the rank below corporal.
You are assuming that the department manager has to be an A level holder or a graduate. He could also have completed his A levels or degree after he served his NSF.
But you are right to say that such cases would be rare.
More likely scenario is that the department manager is a CPL, and his subordinates officers or senior ncos.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the significance of SAF day :confused:

You don't get an extra holiday or anything like that. I do remember that on that day the cook house had good food but I can get better food outside camp:biggrin: