• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toa Payoh East Grassroots Leader Retreat in Vietnam 2012

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
this was seen on the web. I wonder who is footing the bill for this overseas trip? This was seen on the banner in the group photo.

Toa Payoh East Grassroots Leader Retreat in Vietnam 2012,
Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh Retreat with Grassroots Adviser Mr Zainudin Nordin, MP for Bishan Toa Payoah GRC
Date : 4 Oct 2012 - 7 Oct 2012

if the retreat took place in, say, Orchid Country Club, would the money saved not have gone to a few student bursaries?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend from BT Panjang,,, PA fully paid for the trip,,,, air ticket n 4 star hotel accommodation for 4 days 3 night

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commoner, thanks for the information.

This is common practice for MNCs in the private sector, for training, group discussions and strategy planning sessions in countries such as Malaysia, Thailand etc. For global companies, it is also common to fly managers from all corners of the globe to the retreat. The obvious difference here is - is the tax payer's money being out to good use? Even if the trip has a charity aspect, I know from friends that they raise funds to fly to Tibet or Bhutan for charity projects, they do so out of their own pocket and raise funds when needed (and bring along donated toys, books etc).