• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To the Nay-sayer against SDP

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that PE-BE is over.

Hope you people will give a second thought about SDP and CSJ.

Whatever happen in SDP that result in CST leaving SDP will remain secret. No one is privy to the info.

Yes, one may think with their heart that CSJ is the culprit, but what proof do you have. Unless you are at the CEC meeting then.....

As much as we like CST, he had proven to be difficult to work with too... look at Benjamin et al, and i need not insult auntie lina as she is a nice person.

Use your brain, would you rather SDP lose to PAP in any ward they compete?

So please watch your post, and do not add more character assasination against CSJ, unless you degraded yourself to 154 level of game.

Not that i am particularly impress with SDP, the fact is, they manage to attract people like Prof Paul Ananth Tambyah and a whole team of doctors (mainly the 1983-88 batch of NUS MBBS), and others to join despite all the media character assaination, speaks somethings... you can cheat somebody all the time, but you cannot cheat everybody all the time... these brainy people are not stupid.

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think people dislike CSJ so much as to denigrate SDP or their supporters. Dr Thambyah is not of the same mold as KPK, he's more like a Tan Cheng Bock type. Likewise, Dr Ang YG is also well liked by his colleague.

I also think we need to remember : the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

In the heat of the Punggol BE, its wise to remember that : Reagan's 10th commandment is "thou shall not criticse a fellow Republican in public". What's more its aftermath.

Put it this way - do you prefer Vivian be re-elected or SDP's team in GE2016?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that PE-BE is over.

Hope you people will give a second thought about SDP and CSJ.

Whatever happen in SDP that result in CST leaving SDP will remain secret. No one is privy to the info.

Yes, one may think with their heart that CSJ is the culprit, but what proof do you have. Unless you are at the CEC meeting then.....

As much as we like CST, he had proven to be difficult to work with too... look at Benjamin et al, and i need not insult auntie lina as she is a nice person.

Use your brain, would you rather SDP lose to PAP in any ward they compete?

So please watch your post, and do not add more character assasination against CSJ, unless you degraded yourself to 154 level of game.

Not that i am particularly impress with SDP, the fact is, they manage to attract people like Prof Paul Ananth Tambyah and a whole team of doctors (mainly the 1983-88 batch of NUS MBBS), and others to join despite all the media character assaination, speaks somethings... you can cheat somebody all the time, but you cannot cheat everybody all the time... these brainy people are not stupid.

SDP is a goner. You can just weigh the statistics. 4 MPs in parliament under Chiam. GCT was so scared back then. 0 MPs since Chee came in. So many antics when Chee started ruling SDP with an iron fist. Unity candidate nonsense 2013?! please.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP is a goner. You can just weigh the statistics. 4 MPs in parliament under Chiam. GCT was so scared back then. 0 MPs since Chee came in. So many antics when Chee started ruling SDP with an iron fist. Unity candidate nonsense 2013?! please.

Very simple, steff, between PAP and SDP who would you vote?
To assist you,
between the two who is the greater cheat and liar?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depends on the SDP candidate. I don't want an MP dancing around for wrong reasons.

If you are looking at candidate then PAP is a better choice.
For me, I rather have a clown than a cheat who spins to make the reasons look right.
Good candidates are hard to come by.
Btw, I thought you mentioned SDP is a goner

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are looking at candidate then PAP is a better choice.
For me, I rather have a clown than a cheat who spins to make the reasons look right.
Good candidates are hard to come by.
Btw, I thought you mentioned SDP is a goner

I did say that. I might spoil my vote for still vote for PAP to deny an cartoon animal from entering parliament.

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ's treacherous tale:

1992:
CSJ recruited by SDP Sec Gen CST.
CSJ contested @MParade GRC during GE'92 but lost 24% to PAP 73%

1993:
CSJ staged 6 day hunger strike to protest his sacking fm NUS by his boss PAP MP Dr Vasoo.
CSJ cheated by consuming glucose during hunger strike.
Vasoo and 2 other members of staff at NUS sued CSJ fr alleging his sacking is politically motivated, CSJ ordered to pay damages by Court
CST criticise CSJ's fake hunger strike.
CST condemn CSJ public comments condemning the PAP politics for his sacking.
CST wanted to censure CSJ fr his comments bout Vasoo & PAP, but SDP CEC backed CSJ.
CST criticised CEC for their misplaced loyalty & wisdom.
CSJ & sis CSC attempted to expel CST which could cause CST to lose his PP seat in Parl.
CST won court order to prevent CSJ & his sis from doing so on procedural grounds.
CST remained an SDP member & MP till Parl was dissolved for GE1997.
CST left SDP to join the SPP after Parl dissolved b4 GE'97

1994:
CSJ wrote a letter to ST to condemn PAP.
PAP's 2nd Org Secretary, MParade GRC MP Matthias Yao wrote to ST to reply to CSJ's allegation.
The letters exchange between CSJ & Mathhias con't fr 2 more mths in ST.
CSJ challenged Yao to stand against him in a SMC at next GE.
Yao took up CSJ's challenge.
PM GCT agreed to separate Yao's MacPherson SMC fm MParade GRC to facilitate e challenge.

1997:
SDP's 1st GE under CSJ in '97 proved to be a major setback.
SDP failed to win any seats in Parl.
SDP 2MP; LHW & CCC fail reelection bid.
CSJ lost the high-profile contest in MacPherson SMC to Yao by another huge margin 34% vs 66%.
Ex-boss, CST was re-elected as the MP for PP under SPP ticket.

2001:
'01 GE CSJ moved to Jurong GRC after rejection in MParade & Macpherson, heckled PM GCT for with loudhailer fm across e st in a hawker ctr alleging GCT gave $18bil loan to Suharto.
CST again, lost badly to PAP by even worst margin 20% to 80%, the lowest an oppo team has ever attain in a GRC.
SDP also lost all deposit in other wards they contested.

2002:
LKY & GCT sued CSJ for his allegation that Spore gave Suharto $18bil.
CSJ lost e suit, ask to pay $500k to LKY & GCT & was bankrupted in '06 when he couldn't.

CSJ fined S$3k for making a public speech at Singapore's Speakers' Corner without registering w SPF.
CSJ charged for trespassing & for attempting to hold rally in front of Istana without a police permit; sentenced to 5 wks in jail.

2006:
AG filed contempt of court charges against CSJ for refusing to answer the court's questions and scandalising the Singapore judiciary during the bankruptcy petition hearing; Sentenced to 1 day jail & fined S$6k.
Refused to pay fine; Jailed for an additional 7 days.
CSJ alleged LHL & LKY tried to cover up NKF scandal in SDP's party newspaper,
CSJ was again charged by LKY & LHL & lost, again.

2012:
LKY & GCT accepted CSJ's $30k offer to settle e 2002 $500k suit.
Raised $30k in 2 weeks by selling books in Raffles.
Chased outta Raffles Place Shopping Ctr.
Initially CSJ told e media SDP will not contest in PE BE2013 on 30-Dec

2013:
CSJ announced SDP will contest Punggol East BE on 3-Jan without going thru his CEC.
CSJ claim SDP is the only party w capable candidates; hence e right to contest in PE.

Invited Wp Chairwoman Sylvia Lim to meet 3x.
Sylvia ignored CSJ's invite & CSJ rlsed emails of e 3 invites to e media.
Without goin thru his CEC again, CSJ offered WP's LTK PE TC Chairmanship if WP help SDP in BE2013.
WP's GG rejected TC offer.

SDP members & CEC confront CSJ & motioned for no confidence vote against CSJ but e motion is defeated on 15-Jan, one day before PE asBE2013 nominations.
BUT, SDP members & CEC manage to pass another motion against running in PE, forcing CSJ to pull out e 2 nites nomination on 14-Jan.
CSJ forced by CEC to read their prepared statement on 15-Jan to annouce SDP's withdrawal from PE race on 15-Jan, one day b4 nomination

SDP's candidate Dr Paul Tambiyah decided against joining e party & left SDP on 15-Jan & had since joined WP's to volunteer for Health Talk in Tampines.
Another SDP stalwart, Dr Ang Yong Guan leff SDP on PE Nominations Day to volunteer for WP's health talk in MParade.
Earlier in mid-2012, 2 other SDP former CEC had officially been accepted as WP's new member after they volunteered for Open House for a year.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ's treacherous tale:

1992:
CSJ recruited by SDP Sec Gen CST.
CSJ contested @MParade GRC during GE'92 but lost 24% to PAP 73%

1993:
CSJ staged 6 day hunger strike to protest his sacking fm NUS by his boss PAP MP Dr Vasoo.
CSJ cheated by consuming glucose during hunger strike.
Vasoo and 2 other members of staff at NUS sued CSJ fr alleging his sacking is politically motivated, CSJ ordered to pay damages by Court
CST criticise CSJ's fake hunger strike.
CST condemn CSJ public comments condemning the PAP politics for his sacking.
CST wanted to censure CSJ fr his comments bout Vasoo & PAP, but SDP CEC backed CSJ.
CST criticised CEC for their misplaced loyalty & wisdom.
CSJ & sis CSC attempted to expel CST which could cause CST to lose his PP seat in Parl.
CST won court order to prevent CSJ & his sis from doing so on procedural grounds.
CST remained an SDP member & MP till Parl was dissolved for GE1997.
CST left SDP to join the SPP after Parl dissolved b4 GE'97

1994:
CSJ wrote a letter to ST to condemn PAP.
PAP's 2nd Org Secretary, MParade GRC MP Matthias Yao wrote to ST to reply to CSJ's allegation.
The letters exchange between CSJ & Mathhias con't fr 2 more mths in ST.
CSJ challenged Yao to stand against him in a SMC at next GE.
Yao took up CSJ's challenge.
PM GCT agreed to separate Yao's MacPherson SMC fm MParade GRC to facilitate e challenge.

1997:
SDP's 1st GE under CSJ in '97 proved to be a major setback.
SDP failed to win any seats in Parl.
SDP 2MP; LHW & CCC fail reelection bid.
CSJ lost the high-profile contest in MacPherson SMC to Yao by another huge margin 34% vs 66%.
Ex-boss, CST was re-elected as the MP for PP under SPP ticket.

2001:
'01 GE CSJ moved to Jurong GRC after rejection in MParade & Macpherson, heckled PM GCT for with loudhailer fm across e st in a hawker ctr alleging GCT gave $18bil loan to Suharto.
CST again, lost badly to PAP by even worst margin 20% to 80%, the lowest an oppo team has ever attain in a GRC.
SDP also lost all deposit in other wards they contested.

2002:
LKY & GCT sued CSJ for his allegation that Spore gave Suharto $18bil.
CSJ lost e suit, ask to pay $500k to LKY & GCT & was bankrupted in '06 when he couldn't.

CSJ fined S$3k for making a public speech at Singapore's Speakers' Corner without registering w SPF.
CSJ charged for trespassing & for attempting to hold rally in front of Istana without a police permit; sentenced to 5 wks in jail.

2006:
AG filed contempt of court charges against CSJ for refusing to answer the court's questions and scandalising the Singapore judiciary during the bankruptcy petition hearing; Sentenced to 1 day jail & fined S$6k.
Refused to pay fine; Jailed for an additional 7 days.
CSJ alleged LHL & LKY tried to cover up NKF scandal in SDP's party newspaper,
CSJ was again charged by LKY & LHL & lost, again.

2012:
LKY & GCT accepted CSJ's $30k offer to settle e 2002 $500k suit.
Raised $30k in 2 weeks by selling books in Raffles.
Chased outta Raffles Place Shopping Ctr.
Initially CSJ told e media SDP will not contest in PE BE2013 on 30-Dec

2013:
CSJ announced SDP will contest Punggol East BE on 3-Jan without going thru his CEC.
CSJ claim SDP is the only party w capable candidates; hence e right to contest in PE.
Invited Wp Chairwoman Sylvia Lim to meet 3x.
Sylvia ignored CSJ's invite & CSJ rlsed emails of e 3 invites to e media.
Without goin thru his CEC again, CSJ offered WP's LTK PE TC Chairmanship if WP help SDP in BE2013.
WP's GG rejected offer
SDP members & CEC confront CSJ & motioned for no confidence vote against CSJ but e motion is defeated on 15-Jan, one day before PE asBE2013 nominations.
BUT, SDP members & CEC manage to pass another motion against running in PE, forcing CSJ to pull out e nite b4 nomination on 16-Jan.

Thank you thank you

Chee's election drive has been crap is crap and will be crap

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest:

SDP's candidate Dr Paul Tambiyah decided against joining e party & left SDP on 15-Jan & had since joined WP's to volunteer for Health Talk in Tampines.
Another SDP stalwart, Dr Ang Yong Guan leff SDP on PE Nominations Day to volunteer for WP's health talk in MParade.
Earlier in mid-2012, 2 other SDP former CEC had officially been accepted as WP's new member after they volunteered for Open House for a year.

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote from Ravi Poohmani a former SDP member who is now w SPP

"This reminds me of Chee' former mentor & boss Chiam in '94 his famous shocker jawdrop in e Parl.

Then Potong Pasir MP & SDP then Sec Gen Chiam file a motion of adjournment in e Parl cos Chiam fully trust Chee did no wrong when Chee was dismissed by NUS Don PAP MP Vasoo cos Chiam believed Chee's dismissal is dirty politic play by NUS don PAP MP Vasoo.

Chee didn't tell Chiam that he stole NUS $ to courier personal stuff for his wife.

Chiam got a shocker when Vasoo came prepared in e Parl after Chiam's motion of adjournment was nicely accepted & debate started.
Vasoo show e whole Parl e FedEx receipts with NUS's account number, bearing Chee's wife name & add as sender & addressed to someone in USA where NUS haz no biz with.

I was not that young then & but quite naive but I remembered vividly C5 & 8 showed Chiam See Tong shocked face on e eve noose - his face black, humiliated, jaw dropped & shamed when he is attacked, savaged & ravaged by almost all PAP MPs who were told to attend. He dropped to his seat not bcos he lost his debate or credibility.
I can see pain in Chiam's eye.
Pain not bcos he lost e debate.....
Pain, shame, regret cos there & then in e backbench on e Parl, Chiam haz been betrayed, tricked, lied by e very blue-eyed born he tot can do no wrong, a future of Spore he tot, that Chee he recruited & paraded every week in Parkway Parade for all to c & personally groomed since 1992 to take ober him.

The PAP super shock salvo didn't end in e Parl.

Few days later, they produce peekcha on all noosepapers complete with accomplice & witnesses accounts showing Chee drinking glucose during his hunger strike when he protested for 6 days after his dismissal in 1993 which Chee conveniently or cowardly didn't tell Chiam. Chee never denied he didn't drink glucose.

Chiam could hardly believe tis 2x blow.

Chiam ask his CEC to censure Chee & sack Chee from SDP.
Chiam had another shocker when his CEC convened.

Since '92, 2 yrs had pass after Chee is onboard, SDP CEC is filled with gays, lesbian, anti-abortionist ppl loyal to Chee.
Chee, sister & those CEC loyal to Chee censured Chiam for talking to the press bout his shock that Chee didn't tell him bout e glucose & courier $ thingy.
That was e 3rd shocker for Chiam
Chiam resigned as Sec Gen in utter disbelieve & disgust.

BUT that's not e end of e treachery. After Chiam resigned in '94 Chee, sis & CEC loyal to him immediately convened an EGM without Chiam & successfully pass a motion to sack Chiam, a 4th shocker for Chiam as e letter of sacking were hand delivered to him in his own MPS at PP in '94.

Chiam could have lost his PP seat there & then.
In a e most dramatic mama twist, Chiam went to e courts & manage to throw out e sacking on technicality; that he was not invited to defend himself when e motion was raised.

Chiam stayed on in SDP, a broken man & left moments when writ of election for GE1997 was passed to form SPP with SDP CEC & members loyal to him & along w him, ME!

Chee lead SDP into his 1st GE in 1997 as a Sec Gen.
His 2 SDP incumbent; LHD & CCC lost their seats.
Chee was defeated by PAP Matthias Yao in a Macperson SMC by 35% to 65%.

Since then, Chee's been sued by 3 times for defamation, competed in no election & will not be competing in any election till 2015.

In addition, after Chee failed to sack Chiam as SDP member, both SDP MP in Parliament Cheo & Ling continued e tirade against Chiam who is still SDP member.

Cheo & Ling calls Chiam by names & vulgarities many many times ober many sitting in e Parliament and were repeatedly censured & fined by e Speaker till finally the speaker haz no choice but to suspend both Cheo & Ling as MP for 2 yrs.

After attempting to sack Chiam, Chee have e balls to demand Chiam increase his MP allowances contribution to SDP from 10-20% while Ling & Cheo cont to vilify Chiam in e Parl!!

Can you believe this shit?

For those young idealist wet behind e ears & for those not so young who forget, pls ask yaself if this is what u want?!"

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes agreed, they were damaging their own image but were they detrimental to the well being of an ordinarily Singaporean?

you can't compare the two. SDP was a potential voice for the people bak then. With Chee it is our own Tea Party or BNP

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can't compare the two. SDP was a potential voice for the people bak then. With Chee it is our own Tea Party or BNP

My initial question to you was given a choice between the two parties, PAP and SDP who would you vote for?
If you don't compare them how do you make a choice? Draw lots or ask sky?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
My initial question to you was given a choice between the two parties, PAP and SDP who would you vote for?
If you don't compare them how do you make a choice? Draw lots or ask sky?

As I said, I woudl want to see who the SDP candidate is.

I would prob spoil my vote