• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL says: donch blame me, blame TJS for erection result!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Kin Lian blames Tan Jee Say
Zenzen
InSing.com - 16 hrs 12 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pics / Internet)</cite>
Tan Kin Lian has put up a statement to state that he is not responsible for Dr Tony Tan being elected as president.

In a statement posted on his blog, Tan Kin Lian said detractors have accused him of taking the "vital additional votes" that would have allowed other "non-establishment candidates" to beat Dr Tony Tan.

Tan Kin Lian blames fellow candidate Tan Jee Say instead for the election outcome. In his statement, he pointed out that Tan Jee Say is "the last candidate" so it was up to Tan Jee Say to withdraw from the contest.

Adding to his point, he wrote that Tan Jee Say had afterall campaigned on a similar platform as him.

Tan Kin Lian also felt that it is "natural justice" and "only fair" that the last one to join in the contest (Tan Jee Say) should bear the responsibility for the outcome of the election.

In his statement, Tan Kin Lian also cited reasons that might have resulted in his election loss, which he describes as a dismal disappointment as he had received only 4.9% of the votes and lost his $48,000 election deposit.

He also brought up for the second time a poll on the Yahoo website that showed that he had only about 5% of support on the ground. On the poll, he said there were indications that it may have been manipulated.

Tan also said that he had suffered considerable damage from mis-reporting in the mainstream media during his campaign.

He said that his proposal for better recognition to male citizens was wrongly reported in the media as advocating that females should also serve national service. Despite a correction later, Tan said that the damage caused was irreparable. He also felt that the media tended to report a "negative slant" on issues concerning himself.

Tan ended his statement by saying that he will keep an open mind on whether he will take part in a future general or presidential election, with hints that he will not be giving up.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay
SGD$50,000 to be activist .

Asking females to do NS before you even became President ?

Tan also said that he had suffered considerable damage from mis-reporting in the mainstream media during his campaign.

Our mainstream make sure 2 will win, 2 will not . I told you guys already .

I think TKL should have 20% or so votes . I suspect CIA to be involve in our Singapore Election .

How far Singaporeans willing to go to seek the truth ? Do you value your freedoms ?

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr TKL should just move on to his other plans now... No use to cry over spilled milk.. No matter how, he still can't get his deposit back.. The PE is already over, done and dusted... TT goin to make his way to the Istana this evening.. Maybe Mr TKL can contribute more in other capacity...

Z

Zombie

TKL called TJS a friend at the SDP rally on May 5.

But now that TKL is attacked, he chooses to attack his friend, to save his own skin.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry mr Tan KL...whilst I applaud the good work you do during the mini bond thingy, if you can speak better, maybe your votes will be higher.

A politician needs to speak fairly well. I am afraid you do not.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry mr Tan KL...whilst I applaud the good work you do during the mini bond thingy, if you can speak better, maybe your votes will be higher.

A politician needs to speak fairly well. I am afraid you do not.

... and not forgetting the idiotic eye-blinking .....:eek:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's be honest here. TKL lost because...
1) He did not have the look of a head of state, not dignified enough
2) His linguistic skills leaves much to be desired to be taken seriously
3) The lack of a serious diginfied look

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By saying that, his reputation is going down the drain even more. Blaming TJS with natural justice crap is just bs,,what a dick head

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng advises ah lian, "stop sulking and brooding over it lah! lost is lost liao lah. concede defeat like a man, next round try again lah.":biggrin: