• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL rejects expert advice

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
After last night's broadcast, I am sure more will make the same decision. My "wishful" hope is TCB will get more than 50%. :biggrin:

I no watch his last night's broadcast. Is there any THING different from his earlier ones?

My wish too was for TCB to win. I still like the man. But I have now decided that a "forceful" president is better than a lame-duck one. Esp since S'pore is going thru a transitional transformation.

This is going to be very decisive and life-changing. Either the gahmen change or continue with its ways. Only a forceful president in TJS can make it happen. The new president will have this moral authority or be like another Nathan if TT is elected. Maybe TCB too.

Today is too great an opportunity to let it pass. Today will determine our future in the coming years. Do we allow the deploring state of affairs to continue or do we want a better system?

Today, only one man can change our destiny. He is Tan Jee Say. This man will shape future elections and the landscape of Sinkieland. Do we sink further or do we claim back our future?

Today I am voting TJS.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I no watch his last night's broadcast. Is there any THING different from his earlier ones?

My wish too was for TCB to win. I still like the man. But I have now decided that a "forceful" president is better than a lame-duck one. Esp since S'pore is going thru a transitional transformation.

Forceful also no use. The political ecology here is parliament controls president and PAP controls the parliament. If president isn't co-operative, PAP control parliament can always enact new legislation to curtail the president power further. That is why the elected president is farce. It just meant to be a goalkeeper for PAP in case the ruling party loses power in a freak election result assuming they still retain 1/3 of the seats.

Reason why I am voting is simply for the fact that this PE is seen as an extension of GE. TT defeat means a vote of no-confidence against PAP.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does make sense in an interesting way. Unfortunately when he wanted to make the right the decision and hinted to the press, his inner circle persuaded him to remain in the fight. As an actuary he would have clearly seen the odds. It also explains why he was bitter about TJS throwing his hat in the ring as they were going to drink from the same pond.

Tan Kin Lian IS the expert. Why would he need expert advice.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

TT refused to speak to reporters after casting his vote. Tony Tantrum Tan or at least it seems that way, something going wrong for the PAP

Locke

It does make sense in an interesting way. Unfortunately when he wanted to make the right the decision and hinted to the press, his inner circle persuaded him to remain in the fight. As an actuary he would have clearly seen the odds. It also explains why he was bitter about TJS throwing his hat in the ring as they were going to drink from the same pond.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the polls I will you why some of us are really puzzled. We are sort of trying to find out who pushed him into the race as that was not his original intention.

The constitution is very clear. Unless the President writes to the TRE to voices is grievience, his voices will be muted. All they have to do keeping back to Parliament to get the 2/3rd votes for things he does agrees. Those in death row will have to sit an extra 6 years. And the President anyway resides in Command house and not the Istana.

Good point. One thing I worry is TJS will do exactly what PAP would want to do to an opposition government. Get a PAP president installed then jam the new government.

But what if TJS does that when we are in the midst of crisis? Yes it will teach PAP a lesson but we suffer while they rest on their millions. No matter what, PAP is far from out of the government yet.

I'll vote TCB only because he's not the chap the PAP wants as President, yet not one that appeals to the opposition and supporters.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spent the last 2 days figuring out as I was keen to give the PAP a good and embarrassing lesson. I am sure that who ever become President will get less than 50%. I just cannot see how TJS going to outstrip TCB. TJS is in terms of deed is unknown and unheard except his PPS post. In fact the PPS post is all that is known of him to the common man.

After last night's broadcast, I am sure more will make the same decision. My "wishful" hope is TCB will get more than 50%. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would certainly would be close. The NS of his son and how he campaigned would have put him couple of points behind by middle of last week.
If TJS never came into the equation, TT would be history. In fact TT should be thankful to TJS.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You would be surprised how well he is supported by the older folks who grew up with Mandarin. His first base and the strongest base is the West of the country and Jurong. The younger ones also know English. The language for him is not the obstacles.

TCB cant even handle mandarin.
At least TT did attempt to speak mandarin although it is terrible, but that only says that TCB's mandarin cannot make it.
In the era where USA and Europe are struggling in their economies, and the boom is still in China.
As a Chinese, and if he cannot speak good mandarin, he is OUT! What has TCB and TT been doing all their 71 years?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS looks like in it as an ego extension and Ramseth looks like in it for his amusement. These two evil twins are a fatal combination. TKL was doomed from the start with these two. GMS would advise and encourage all sorts of nonsense while Ramseth would slipshove off like Teflon (thanks to Scroobal for the word) with his yes, yes but, but then again etc. longwinding essays that TKL and GMS couldn't understand but pretend to understand anyway for their ego. Ramseth would get off if things go wrong by pointing to a line in one of his essays, see, I told you so.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Presidency is a dud office. You can have the most forceful personality and it is not going to shift the furniture. There are enough stop cocks and bypass channel to carry on business as usual. They learnt that after the OTC affair.

I am still surprised why Singaporeans have no clue about the office of President. You should vote to embarrass the PAP. If a monkey was running and even I think that it will get enough votes to match TT, the monkey has my vote.

Today I am voting TJS.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
His bloody mannerism during the TOC forum was poor. Obviously he thinks that he above all this. I also suspect that his polling experts have told him that winner is going to have votes closer to the 30s and 40s and therefore the mandate is a joke.

Dear Scroo

TT refused to speak to reporters after casting his vote. Tony Tantrum Tan or at least it seems that way, something going wrong for the PAP

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ramseth does have financial planning referrals and GMS did get some votes from the minibond saga. There is a need to reciprocate. But I think his conduct during the course of this has shown his negatives and very little of his positives. His hope of ever contesting GE has vanished. He would also be a liability to any party. I think LTK read him right.

GMS looks like in it as an ego extension and Ramseth looks like in it for his amusement. These two evil twins are a fatal combination. TKL was doomed from the start with these two. GMS would advise and encourage all sorts of nonsense while Ramseth would slipshove off like Teflon (thanks to Scroobal for the word) with his yes, yes but, but then again etc. longwinding essays that TKL and GMS couldn't understand but pretend to understand anyway for their ego. Ramseth would get off if things go wrong by pointing to a line in one of his essays, see, I told you so.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
His bloody mannerism during the TOC forum was poor. Obviously he thinks that he above all this. I also suspect that his polling experts have told him that winner is going to have votes closer to the 30s and 40s and therefore the mandate is a joke.

No lah. He is just the most kiasu about regulations. Heard he even shut down his Facebook page. You have Steve Chias and Nicole Seahs waiting to make police report if for any reason what he says gets broadcast on TV before 8 pm.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Presidency is a dud office. You can have the most forceful personality and it is not going to shift the furniture. There are enough stop cocks and bypass channel to carry on business as usual. They learnt that after the OTC affair.

I am still surprised why Singaporeans have no clue about the office of President. You should vote to embarrass the PAP. If a monkey was running and even I think that it will get enough votes to match TT, the monkey has my vote.

Respectfully, it was a choice between a gorilla and a bleating goat. I'd choose the primate every time.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ramseth does have financial planning referrals and GMS did get some votes from the minibond saga. There is a need to reciprocate. But I think his conduct during the course of this has shown his negatives and very little of his positives. His hope of ever contesting GE has vanished. He would also be a liability to any party. I think LTK read him right.

I don't think that Ramseth is the type who wants to contest. He looks more like the type who's in it for amusement (for lack of a better word), not even for reward or reciprocation. I'd be damn amused if a guy sporting ponytail stands for election. If he comes to stand in B-TP next GE, I may even vote for him for fun's sake.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He himself is not keen to contest and has never expressed his intention to do so. He however is very knowledgeable and very helpful during the hustings. He problem is trying to build credibility among the parties by dropping anchor somewhere.

I don't think that Ramseth is the type who wants to contest. He looks more like the type who's in it for amusement (for lack of a better word), not even for reward or reciprocation. I'd be damn amused if a guy sporting ponytail stands for election. If he comes to stand in B-TP next GE, I may even vote for him for fun's sake.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. The trouble is that he does not understand that people don't take it that way. He comes across detached, remote and elitist. Not something that you want to see in a President. Afterall it is not an executive office. He can't even buy his own toilet paper so there is no conflict of interest.

No lah. He is just the most kiasu about regulations. Heard he even shut down his Facebook page. You have Steve Chias and Nicole Seahs waiting to make police report if for any reason what he says gets broadcast on TV before 8 pm.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the polls I will you why some of us are really puzzled. We are sort of trying to find out who pushed him into the race as that was not his original intention.

The constitution is very clear. Unless the President writes to the TRE to voices is grievience, his voices will be muted. All they have to do keeping back to Parliament to get the 2/3rd votes for things he does agrees. Those in death row will have to sit an extra 6 years. And the President anyway resides in Command house and not the Istana.

Boss, Command House is now leased to UBS which uses it for a convention and training center.