• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL breaks 20-year friendship with wong wee nam over PE

Royal Canin Feline 32

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this presidential election, three of the candidates are my friends. The brother-in-law of the fourth candidate is also a good friend from school days. I was in a difficult position but things just sorted out by themselves. One did not want me to help, so I didn’t. Nevertheless, I did refer a couple of people to him. One asked me to write an article on him on the internet which I did. The third asked me to join his campaign team and I readily accepted. Both his and my parents were countrymen from Hainan and we belonged to the community in the Rochor area. I thought this was a presidential election that was going to be above politics and a friendly fray, so to speak. But I was wrong. When the dust had barely settled, one told me in no uncertain term, through a proxy, that he would never ever want to see me, speak to me or hear from me again.The presidential election is supposed to be above politics. Yet such an election can destroy more than twenty years of friendship. Isn’t this very sad?http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/09/some-reflections-on-the-presidential-election-2011/

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Wee Nam is really a clown. He wrote a supporting positive article about TKL, highlighting positive attributes and a few weeks later he endorses TJS in writing as the President. TCB was smart enough to tell him that he needed no help from him. Obviously TKL does not want to know him anymore. Rather than screwing himself and others by his conduct, he should be very clear who he supports in the first place. Would you want to have a friend like that trying to help you?

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Wee Nam is really a clown. He wrote a supporting positive article about TKL, highlighting positive attributes and a few weeks later he endorses TJS in writing as the President. TCB was smart enough to tell him that he needed no help from him. Obviously TKL does not want to know him anymore. Rather than screwing himself and others by his conduct, he should be very clear who he supports in the first place. Would you want to have a friend like that trying to help you?

Such ambivalence is baffling even to a bystander, but totally inexplicable to those who thought they knew him. Not only is the guy a clown but he doesn't realise his behaviour is unprincipled.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this presidential election, three of the candidates are my friends. The brother-in-law of the fourth candidate is also a good friend from school days. I was in a difficult position but things just sorted out by themselves. One did not want me to help, so I didn’t. Nevertheless, I did refer a couple of people to him. One asked me to write an article on him on the internet which I did. The third asked me to join his campaign team and I readily accepted. Both his and my parents were countrymen from Hainan and we belonged to the community in the Rochor area. I thought this was a presidential election that was going to be above politics and a friendly fray, so to speak. But I was wrong. When the dust had barely settled, one told me in no uncertain term, through a proxy, that he would never ever want to see me, speak to me or hear from me again.The presidential election is supposed to be above politics. Yet such an election can destroy more than twenty years of friendship. Isn’t this very sad?http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/09/some-reflections-on-the-presidential-election-2011/

I read the lengthy article on TOC. You got the gist of it right there.

"Friendship" was probably used loosely in this context. I suspect this one has got ambitions to get into opposition politics when he volunteered to publicly support TKL as an opening gambit. As a private citizen, I don't think he owes it to anyone to explain why he decided to vote someone else. Hope he and other neophyte opposition politicians can observe and learn - stay out of the limelight (especially so if one is not particularly good looking or articulate) and don't talk so much cock.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro, that's a tad unfair to Dr WWN. When WWN's article on TKL first appeared on TOC, Tan jee say was not yet in the running. It is understandable that one switches allegiances when new contenders appear. It is not a matter of consistency.

TKL is very petty and it shows. He has lost the election deposit, he has lost his reputation, and now he has also lost his friends. I think TKL is the real clown here.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, that's a tad unfair to Dr WWN. When WWN's article on TKL first appeared on TOC, Tan jee say was not yet in the running. It is understandable that one switches allegiances when new contenders appear. It is not a matter of consistency.

TKL is very petty and it shows. He has lost the election deposit, he has lost his reputation, and now he has also lost his friends. I think TKL is the real clown here.

How would you feel if your ally changes sides at the last moment?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have a different perspective.

Wee Nam wrote nice things about TKL which is fine. That was before TJS came along. When TJS came, between TKL and TJS, he choose to endorse TJS but that doesn't mean that he has changed his opinion on TKL.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....this wwn is not a 2-headed snake.......he was actually a 3-headed one.......and potentially could have been a 4-headed one.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chicken meal, brown rice, corn, corn gluten meal, chicken, chicken fat (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and citric acid), pea fiber, natural chicken flavor, beet pulp, dried brewers yeast, rice hulls, dried egg powder, salmon oil, salt, calcium sulfate, soya oil, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, choline chloride, brewers yeast extract

And you are a clone pretending not to be. :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
100% agree wif yr take on wong wee nam...thinks he is too smart for his own gd...wants to play big time political commentator pundit when all along he is really mr mediocre average...fact that he has to oh so 'subtly' hint that he is somehow linked to all 4 tans really takes the biscuit...